“Great hotel!”

Hotel Real del Rio Tijuana
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Tijuana
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed one night in a suite. Loved the jaccuzi only payed 270 dollars a night. The sevice was great. The only bad thing is that their is a party hall a few buildings down. You can hear the music very lound.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
california
Reviewed June 18, 2012

so far not impressed with hotel. Booked through expedia, there was confusion at the front desk abut reservation and payment. they wanted to charge me twice for one room and would only back down when I went into my email and printed our the document showing one room. The service dest was not ver friendly towards me and when I proved to him I had a paid room, he placed me on the parking lot level next to the elevator, which made the room nosenly from both the traffic and elevator motors. I asked for another room and he said no. I asked again if he had something elses and very begrudly gave me a nicer room upstairs. The place appears clean` and all but after staying at Hotel Lucerna a little while ago, it was not like they were with service. Im not sure if i would stay again.

Room Tip: upeer levals seem better
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Oakland, California, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and i just got back from a memorial day weekend in Tijuana,everytime we go down there we stay at Real Del Rio Hotel.Its a very nice and quite .I have stayed there 3x now i recomend it.The centro shooping area to walk is very close and my favorite restaurant Negro Durazo is very close by.The taxis r right by the hotel .Definetly i stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda D
northern california
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Although my experience here was mixed, I thought the hotel was generally quite nice (ergo my "very good" rating). I arrived late and I think the hotel was mostly booked up so they gave me a free upgrade to a suite, which included living room and jucuzzi. The room was really beautifully decorated, however, an unpleasant odor emanated from the bathroom (not from the jucuzzi) indicating some kind of sewage problem. The location is excellent - lots of restaurants nearby, not far from Tijuana's spectacular Centro Cultural. We got back late from dinner and I decided to try the jucuzzi, but couldn't get it working and it was just too late to bother having someone come up and explain it to me (I suspect actually that it wasn't really working at all). However since I wasn't expecting a jucuzzi anyway, I really enjoyed my stay. The stench in the bathroom, I'll add, did not abate, but it could be contained by closing the door (and it wasn't actually that strong) - and I should add that my friend who was given a normal room reported nothing like this. I slept well, was happy to have free wifi, and enjoyed the breakfast buffet, with ample selection of cold and hot foods. While the waitress seemed reluctant to make me an espresso, I insisted (I had seen it on the room service menu, so I knew that had a machine), and she made me one (she didn't seem sure she'd done it right, but it was very good). I'd stay here again, but if you go for the jucuzzi, ask them to explain how it works slowly and to demonstrate at least the first steps.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Modesto, California
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We just returned from a week in Tijuana Mexico. We stayed at the Del Rio hotel and were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very nice, the rooms were roomy and offered all the modern amenities and was very clean .The beds were comfortable. The restaurant at the hotel was fantastic! The staff was very friendly and helpful. In particular, Manuel (the bell boy) and Pedro (the maitre d') They spoke English very well, were extremely friendly and helpful in whatever we needed! The hotel Del Rio is lucky to have them! Although we had little glitches due to language barrier everybody was kind helpful and friendly. We will definitely stay there again and highly recommend the hotel.
Dr. Irit Goldman

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2011

You don't find hotels with this prices and so well maintained the staff very nice and helpful,if you ever stay here you won't be disappointed

• Stayed August 2011
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The staffs are very friendly even though I don't speak Spanish. The room is clean and updated with flat screen TV and free wifi. Very close to Plaza Rio and many restaurants. The bathroom is clean too. The only negative thing I can think of is there's no coffee maker and limited cable channels!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo