“Good Fish with a Golf Course View”

Tabule Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #49 of 570 Restaurants in Tijuana
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
San Diego, California
“Good Fish with a Golf Course View”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Before the popular Paseo Chapultepec plaza opened across the street from Tabule, filled with many restaurants, Tabule was THE place to dine for the local Tijuana Gentry. Now, perhaps, there is an unexpected calmness and a bit of a feeling of being "left in the dust" by the shiny and the new across Calle Sonora. There never was a proper welcome at Tabule: one wanders into a darkish vestibule and has to track down a passing waiter to be seated---sometimes you are lucky in getting assisted, and sometimes you are not. The decor has a slightly weary aura---as if it could use a good dusting. Once seated, things proceed fairly smoothly. Just be aware that the waiter most likely will not pour your Emeve Cabernet Sauvignon, and there is no manager on duty to coax him to do so, so you are on your own for the pours. Tabule serves alot of sushi, so the cooked Whitefish Tabule is unusually good. The ugly brown polyester tablecloths have been happily replaced with white, but those brown polyester napkins remain as an unhappy memory from the past. The view of the greens at the Club Campestre golf course right outside the dining room window is lovely and there is valet parking posted at the front door.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank CharlesCorreia

Tijuana, Mexico
“TWO cockroaches on our table...”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I saw one cockroach and told the waiter, he killed it in front of us, after a few minutes I saw another one and my boyfriend had to kill it himself. This happened right on our table, the waiter came back and cleaned the dead cockroach. This place is HORRIBLE and disgusting!!! I will NEVER come back here again.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank tjsdgirl
“lots of food”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

They probably provide you with larger portion sizes here than almost anywhere else in Baja. The menu is fairly elaborate in that they have all different kinds of different things that you can order.

But with that, I think the food is pretty mediocre and sometimes not great. Some dishes I've had have been way too salty or this or that. I also feel like there that once I've had a couple main courses there I've had them all.

This restaurant seems absurdly popular with the locals though, so whatever you want to take on that. I don't personally like that too much since I think it makes service inherently worse and the place a little more annoying but that's at your discretion.

• Visited July 2013
“try the tuna ceviche”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have been there several times, and overall is good. The portions are good but if you want to try something really good you should stay within the ceviches and seafood. The beef and fish are good and abundant but not a s exquisite as the others. I suggest ceviche la recta and the ahi tuna ceviche, super tasty. Love it! next time I would go for the rolls.

• Visited May 2013
San Diego, California, United States
“Went for Valentines Day- SCAMMERS”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went to this place for Valentines day dinner. The place was kinda dirty for a supposed to be fine dine restaurant. I had the pasta pesto plate, for the price i paid portion was not worth it. Not enough food for the price. The taste of food was ok. The services was avarage.
I tried using my restaurant card and they denied it. They stated there were no money in the card. When I got home I check my card online and my card still had money.
I live in TJ and will never go back to this place again. I feel like this place scammed me.

• Visited February 2013