“Exceptional Food, Exceptional Service”
Review of Sabor a Mi

Sabor a Mi
Ranked #33 of 609 Restaurants in Tijuana
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

What a wonderful find in Tijuana, a friend of mine who is from Tijuana told me that his mother had highly recommended this place. So we decided to give it a try this past week. We ate here Friday evening and the following Tuesday evening. Everything we had here was absolutely delicious. The grilled octopus served over rice cooked in the ink is not to be missed. On our first visit we had the menu meal for two which had a little of everything, and on our second visit we allowed Hector the manager to select our meal and he did a beautiful job. I will return here often. Also I have to rave about the corn ice cream, it was out of this world good!!!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had filete and shrimp at this restaurant. two hours later I had to stop at a bathroom. I had a terrible night I throw up all night and on sunday. I call the restaurant to let know about their food. I was unable to to talk to the manager.
I hope this will not happen to some else, this is terrible

3  Thank josesalas563
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Disappointed to find out that after just seven months in operation the really interesting items on the menu some reviewers were able to enjoy (grasshoppers, ant eggs, huitlacoche, etc.) have been removed from the menu for lack of interest. Apparently they weren't selling! What remains is pretty much what's available just about anywhere else. However, there are some exceptions worth noting. The table-side fresh salsa preparation is one. Waiter rolls up a table with a wide selection of ingredients and fresh salsa is prepared to your taste...a variety of chilies and other ingredients so you can choose the level of heat, spice, etc. The Chicharrones en Salsa Verde were outstanding both for the taste of the green chili sauce and the texture of the chicharrones. They obviously don't have them simmering away in a pot somewhere so when they are served they still have some crunch. The Enmoladas en Tortilla de Platano were tasty and the texture of the plantaint tortillas held up to the cooking process and the mole sauce. The fresh Guacamole (not the one that comes as a side on prepared dishes but the one prepared as a separate menu item) is outstanding. The Guacamole itself does not have onions in it which is a major plus, the amount of lemon juice is just right and the guac is topped with crisp chicharrones and panela cheese squares. The Tortilla Soup is good but not as good as Caesar's. The Aguas Frescas (we tasted cucumber and barley) were outstanding. Service is attentive both inside and outside (very similar to sister restaurant's Villa Marina). They have their own parking lot. Prices are reasonable and portion sizes are civilized.

2  Thank Michael B
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Nothing about this place impressed me. The food was OK, the service was OK, the atmosphere tries to be hip with an old Mexican movies' theme and photos of the most famous Mexican movie stars

1  Thank luismorales_12
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I brought my husband for his birthday, he had just discovered this restaurant and being a chef himself, he was initially impressed. Well let me tell the food was delicious, the service beyond excellent. Even though it serves some traditional dishes they were interesting with their different presentation. I recommend this restaurant to everyone and anyone interested in eating deliciously, out of the mainstream Mexican. It is affordable, nice ambiance, lovely colors that make you feel comfortable and welcome. The staff was warm, management open and friendly, the chefs personable as they came to greet my husband when I "dropped" that he is a chef.