“Lovely”

Tijuana Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Tijuana
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I stayed here because it came included with my surgery package, but I really liked it. The staff all spoke English well, and were friendly. There was even a younger man in the lobby working who helped give us some tips on where to go while there in Tijuana. My father enjoyed the restaurant, and we had drinks the night before my surgery. It was all really nice and I liked the style of the hotel. The rooms were nice, and my only wish was that there were more TV channels in English. However, it's of course expected that the cable be in Spanish while in Mexico lol. The business center was nice, and it helped me keep in touch with my fiance while I was away. The hotel even offers a cab service if you're worried about the regular cabs there. We had a nice view from our balcony of the hills. If I ever get to go back, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank sweet_cyanide_23
Marriott_Tijuana, Revenue Manager at Tijuana Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2010

Thank you very much for your kind review.

We are really glad you had a good experience in our Hotel an look forward to welcome you again any time soon.

It was to plesure to serve you!

Reviewed January 30, 2010

The best breakfast buffet in town. Clean and safe, good service.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Juanphoto
Marriott_Tijuana, Revenue Manager at Tijuana Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2010

Dear Guest:

We appreciate your review and thank you for choosing our hotel.

We keep working to offer you a better service and look forward to having you here with us again.

Thank you once again!

Reviewed August 22, 2009

the hotel is much ado about nothing. u will get a comfortable room whose carpet, floor, switch, wire, nut and bolt u will be charged for. some of those things dont work. breakfast was badly delayed till 11 am on one day. the hotel kindly agreed to pay for the breakfast but withheld the fruit juice ! the hotel charges 20% tax over the rate of 75$ making ur bill come to 89$ finally per day. if u can find another option then go for it.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank happyonlineFlorida

Thank you for taking you time to write a review about our hotel.

We are deeply sorry you had a bad experience with us but we are working on improving our services and look forward to have you here once again.

Thank you and please accept our apologies.

Reviewed July 30, 2009

We were a little jittery about traveling to Tijuana but made the trip anyway from Chicago. The cab driver charge us $18 from the airport to the Marriot, which the doorman told us was too much. The staff at the Marriot is extremely friendly and courteous. The room we stayed was clean and quiet. The pool is also kept impeccably clean. We travel a lot and have stayed at top hotels in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Marriot, Tijuana, is certainly at par with some of the best hotels in the world.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mia1981
Marriott_Tijuana, Revenue Manager at Tijuana Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2010

Thank you for taking your time to write about us, we hope we can welcome you in our hotel anytime soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2009

I recentky stayed at the Marriott in TJ, a little worried due to all the bad press recently against TJ, but to my surprise was a wonderful trip!. The service was outstanding, they upgraded our room to one with a beautiful view. Sergio and the concierge were incredible , giving us tips about a great Argentinian rest, Cheripan, ans a great winery, De Cetto. We are coming back. by the way, we felt very safe, we rode cabs to everywhere, went to due some groceries shopping, to the mall. Great Stay! Free internet.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MiaMobile

Thank you for taking your time to write about your stay in Marriott, Tijuana

We are very glad that you had a wonderful experience with us, we hope to welcome you anytime soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2009

This hotel lives up to the Marriott name. I've never been disappointed with a Marriott, and I have stayed in Mexico plenty of times, so my expectations were pretty low. However, this hotel had all the fabulous amenities we've come to expect from a Marriott, including the awesome sheets and bedding, and it was immaculate. Oh, and the best part? It was only $79 per night! I would have paid at least $150 for that level of hotel in the states! I will definitely be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelLoverUT

Dear guest:

We really appreciate you taking your time to tell everyone about your experience in Marriott, Tijuana

We continue to work in improving our services and look forward to welcome you once again.

Thank you!

Reviewed February 3, 2009

I hadn't been to TJ in YEARS and never away from the downtown area. The Marriott is somewhat of a hidden gem. A mere $7.00 US cab ride from the border, nice, clean room with a balcony and view of the golf course, nice pool area. As a Marriott Platinum Elite member I was given Exec Lounge access and choice of welcome ammenity upon arrival. Exec Lounge is so-so. Staff in Exec Lounge friendly but doesn't stay on top of things - food offerings a little dissapointing and they seemed to wait until things ran out to replenish rather than being pro-active, both at the cocktail hour and at breakfast. But the Exec Lounge is open 7 days a week unlike many US and Canadian Marriott properties which close at noon Friday to Sunday evening. Fitness center needs an overhaul, but did serve my needs. I'd definitely recommend this hotel for travelers to Tijuana.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chazmassey

Dear guest:

Our hotel continues improving its services and we really hope we can welcome you once again, so you can give us another review to help us bring you the service that you deserve.

Thank you!