Tijuana Marriott Hotel
Hotel Ticuan(Tijuana)
$77
$67
$28
All reviewslike royaltythe executive loungegolf coursesoccer stadiumi highly recommend this hotellobby barroom serviceshuttle servicemedical procedurebell boygreat customer servicemexican foodfelt very safesan diegofrankricardosurgery
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Nice property, accommodations and food. However, there was no email service for me to arrange dinner reservations or airport pickup by the hotel prior to my arrival. Disappointed in the hotel not making it convenient for its guests.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Marriott_Tj, Manager at Tijuana Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel, it has been our pleasure to welcome you.

We are terribly sorry that you couldn´t contact us to plan your trip the way you wanted but just to let you know that you can find all the information you need in our website.

Thank you for your suggestions, our guests and their comfort are what matter the most for us.

Reviewed February 15, 2011

Excellent service from everyone. The entire staff greets you with a smile and a sincere desire to offer assistance. The food quality at dinner is moderate and they have a limited wine selection. Again, the server provided excellent service. When I return to this area this will be my hotel of choice. The only downside to this hotel, and it prevented me from giving it a higher score, was the internet. It shuts down frequently. It is the most frustrating internet service I can recall. They also do not have wireless in the room. If management reads this, please fix the internet and add wireless to the rooms. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Prupas44
Marriott_Tijuana, General Manager at Tijuana Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Tijuana Hotel on your visit, we are currently working on installing wireless internet service in all our rooms so next time you come to town you can fully enjoy your stay whit us.

Thank you for sharing your comments, the entire staff will be happy to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2011

i stayed here for multiple nights on business. I didn't need to go out and hit the town so I relied on the restaurant for breakfast and room service for dinner. I thought the dinner menu items were above average. In all my encounters with hotel staff, I found them to be polite, helpful and also cheerful - kudos to the management and the employees. The room decor is fairly typical Marriott. Mine was clean and there were decent TV channels to watch and the free Internet worked pretty well. If there was a letdown, it would be the gym. The equipment selection was OK but the two treadmills looked tired and the free weight selection was a bit sparse. The pool looked very nice but was not heated and therefore of not much use in the current seasonal temps.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank GeorgeRex
Marriott_Tijuana, General Manager at Tijuana Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Dear guest,

We really appreciate you taking your time to write a review about our Hotel, your kind opinion allows us to know what our guests need so everytime they come to Tijuana and stay at the Marriott Hotel they can feel just like in home.

We will be happy to welcome you any time soon, thank you!

Reviewed January 29, 2011

The hotel facilities and rooms were acceptable; what you would expect from a four star hotel in Tijuana. However, the service was far from being satisfactory.

- We had problems from the beginning. They didn’t have available the kind of rooms I reserved and, because we arrived 20 minutes before check-in, the rooms were not ready. Well, we had to wait more than an hour to get into our rooms.

- I asked for ice two nights in a row and it was never delivered. No explanation whatsoever. It was very frustrating because there was no ice machine in my floor and you need to use your room key to use elevator. Well, because keys are programmed for your floor only, I couldn't use the elevator to go to any of the floors with ice machines. I tried to use the stairs but the doors are locked and it can only be used to go out. The amazing thing is that it seemed to be about 10 to 15 employees just standing around in the lobby at any point in time.

- OK, I can survive without ice for a couple of nights but what really bothers me is they are intentionally misleading their customers. I reserved two rooms at a rate that included breakfast. Well, apparently they forgot to mention that the breakfast that came with my rate included only “some parts of the buffet” and because we ate from the “exclusive section”, they charged us for full breakfasts ($15 each person). Obviously, it was our own fault for not understanding the concept of “buffet” and for not seeing the imaginary lines that separate the “restricted food”. I had to pay because I wasn’t going to risk missing my flight for $60 dollars.

At the end, the overall experience left a bad taste in my mouth (and I’m not talking about the food from the breakfast buffet).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank nzcdmc1
Marriott_Tijuana, General Manager at Tijuana Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2011

Dear guest,

We are terribly sorry that you were not totally satisfied with your experience. We want to thank you for your review because it helps us improve so our guests can always receive the excellent service they are looking for.

Than you once again!

Reviewed November 6, 2010

If you are american to want to stay in this Mariott I recommend you it's not a good place to stay. The rooms look very neat and nice. However, the towels are hard like a rock, It scratched my face when I wiped. But the BIG problem is there is no english channels on TV I requested the front desk several times to switch from spanish channel to english they said the channel have been set up in spanish. So I stayed deaf and dumb because i couldn't understand anything meanwhile the election ongoing, the NFL, NBA, NCAAFB ongoing back in State while I was laying on bed as a dead meat and stared at a stupid TV for nothing. Anyways, I could not believe that year 2010 every corner in earth can carry a TV satelite with English channel but this Luxury Mariott couldn't. The bottom line, again if you are american you should go to Grand Hotel located 3 blocks down the road with a lower price and full TV satelite with all american channels like back home. Remember, we should get what we pay for.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Tructaypham
Marriott_Tijuana, General Manager at Tijuana Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2010

Dear guest,

We are terribly sorry that you had a bad experience because of this. Just so you know we are currently in the process of changing our TV service so we can have extra english channels, and we would love to have you back here with us anytime soon.

Thank you.