“Beautiful Place”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Beautiful Place”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Great Food, Excellent service a wonderful wine list. I had already been to this restaurant and had enjoyed my visit the first time around. This 2nd time was great too. The service is outstanding, the food is very good a little expensive but worth it. Definitely a must come to in Tijuana.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MrsVamonos

Los Angeles, California
“Treasure in Tijuana”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Mision 19 restaurant is in a beautiful new high- rise building in Tijuana and had a great city view. The building itself has won all kinds of awards for "green architecture" and the restaurant too has attracted tons of positive attention. The food is one of the best values in all of Latin America. I had the wedge salad and grilled octopus, which was out of this world. Great wine selection and all of it grown locally in the Valle de Guadalupe. Can't go wrong.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Carol W
Los Angeles, California, United States
“What a surprise in Tijuana of all places!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Last weekend I took an architectural and culinary tour of Tijuana. One of the stops on the tour was Mision 19. There was a fixed menu for lunch (we were a really large group) and I saw that two of the dishes were fish and meat. Since I am a vegetarian I asked if it is possible to get a vegetarian substitute. The chef made a very special vegetable plate just for me, everyone at my table was so jealous. I have never received such outstanding service and accommodation for being a vegetarian as I have at Mision 19. Oh... and of course the design of the restaurant is stunning! Highly recommend Mision 19 for anyone visiting Tijuana!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mprentice
Tijuana, Mexico
“Great”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I think this restaurant is the best value higher class dining available anywhere in the remote vicinity including all SW USA. For $50-75 you can get a great meal. Consequently I go here all the time. You can even do it way cheaper if you are careful. Food is great. One of the best in TJ. The only thing I'll say is that the staff isn't always super friendly with me or my guests which is definitely kind of off-putting and definitely lowers the frequency of times I've been there.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank forthelulz
Chicago, Illinois
“Do not miss going to the mission in Tijuana.”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Came here for my friends birthday.
Amazing cocktails!! They were only like $66 pesos which is like $6! Order the mezcaledero...fresh juices and a very interesting flavor in a drink I have not experienced before!
Now for the food- the tasting menu which with wine pairings is around $88 or 880 pesos ...something around that price. That is dirt cheap! The tasting menu consist of 6 courses which one is a dessert. Now in LA, this price is a deal! In la a minimum tasting menu price is $150 and can go up to as much as $300 a person! So the price is stellar!
The food is amazing! Here are the highlights: I loved the first course which was a scallop dish- it was like a mini seafood cocktail served in a glass...., the risotto was amazing, the pork taco was made of tender shredded pork and the flavor was almost Asian like, it was superb! The desert was a carrot like cake with vanilla ice cream. The wine pairings were all paired perfectly and I loved the local wine- so tasty and unique.
The service was great! They were very attentive and if the waiter didnt speak English, the manager came out to help you with the
menu. The ambience and decor was very lounge like and trendy.
I was so glad I came here- an affordable fine dining experience is my kind of restaurant!!!
So happy- must try if you go to TJ!

• Visited June 2013