“Very modern 5 star restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mision 19

Mision 19
Ranked #7 of 572 Restaurants in Tijuana
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Very modern 5 star restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I came here to take my girlfriend on spring break and the building itself was years ahead of the city, we are from LA and it was newer than most building there and we went there just to take time off and go to fancy rest. And we picked the right place. I had the best steak I ever had plus a fresh lemonade with salad and soup, we walked out of there 65$ including tip. Service was good . Location was good! The nicest thing was making reservations was easy . I emailed then to change dates and within 5 mins I was replied to and I can appriecate that! Next going to take my mom!

• Visited April 2013

Virginia, USA
“Blown away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had the 6 course tasting menu for 600 pesos, and wow, what a deal. Locally sourced food with outstanding flavor, this place could compete with any multiple michelin starred place in the states that charges twice as much. Cocktails were pretty great as well, and the wine list has some great bargains.

Only trouble we had was the cheesy dentist office music they were playing the entire time.

• Visited March 2013
Del Mar, California
“A Gem in Tijuana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

After seeking out iron-work fabricators in the city, we needed a good meal with some good drinks! We had seen the recent wonderful reviews of this restaurant and gave Mision19 a try - and Mision 19 and Bar 20 did not disappoint. We began our late afternoon meal with two of their specialty drinks - the Charro and the Martini Tamarindo. Both were exquistely mixed and prepared and I've never had better drinks...not sure which I liked the best. We shared the Asado de Cochinillo appetizer, a great thin corn crepes creation. For dinner we had the Risotto and the Pescado del dia..de Fiesta. The plates were artfully presented on unique white serving dishes, pleasing both our sight and taste - they were both very good. The service staff was very attentive, yet not overdone. We finished with an ice cream/banana/yogurt dessert which sealed the deal for us. We will certainly visit Tijuana again and Mision 19 will be on the list!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank wjurewitz
New York City, New York
“A sea change for Tijuana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Tijuana has gone through very hard times but has recently begun to recover, and a new, unique cuisine based on local ingredients and international knowledge has helped in the effort to give this energetic town a new identity. Chef Javier Plascencia is one of the most ardent missionaries of sophisticated Mexican food which allows for an innovative mix of traditional and experimental dishes. The restaurant itself is very elegant in a minimalist fashion, you might think yourself in Barcelona, if it wasn't for the local wines and the tart and light flavors that sometimes come with a whiff of mesquite smoke. You eat in a serene atmosphere and the food floats onto your table like a UFO - on large white plates in ever changing shapes. A feast for the eyes too.

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Had my birthday party there jan/13 and everything was amazing. Just a $5 cab ride from the border and $10 back. There was 17 of us and they still had no problems giving us separate checks and surprisingly didn't include gratuity. The food was amazing as were the drinks! They were even able to cater to a few of my pescatarian guests who wanted the 6 course meals without meat. I know we had to have been a pain with all the special requests but they dealt with everything perfectly. They had a nice large semi private table for us that had a cool glass ceiling. After dinner we went upstairs to Bar 20 and they had a nice sized area outside with heaters and the cheapest bottle service any of us had seen and we could see our dining table from above which was pretty neat. I definitely recommend this restaurant and will be coming back soon and plan on trying Placensia's other establishments.

1 Thank Wuplur