“Steak and beans !”

Add it.
Restaurante la Lena
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Just the best Carne asada, hand made tortillas and beans. The very basic Mexican food cooked at it's best. Back to basics, just add fresh salsa and you are ready !

1  Thank AlbertoMay

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I like the pretty entrance patio and the view of the golf course. When I entered, I was greeted by a multitude of waiters, yet once seated, the service was only average. The menu consists of dull cuts of beef flung onto the plate without ceremony or sauce, and tiny the wine list has few choices. Maybe I will return one day, but for right now, nothing draws me back.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am working in Tijuana this week and went to a few restaurants. This restaurant is located next to the TJ country club. We had a tables next to the windows facing the golf course The view was very relaxing. Eight of us went there for business lunch. I personally like the rib eye (220 Peso) which is a lot better than the Brick. We expect the brick to be thick and large for 300 Peso, but it turns out to be 3/8" thick and not that big. Not a good deal. The best deal is probably the NY Steak for 160 Peso, which is about 1" thick. You can watch the cooking by the chef

Your lunch or dinner also includes a small house salad or soup (vegetable) and free appetizers - machaca. ..

Reviewed February 2, 2013

A group of 5 went last evening and there was no wait, everything was excellent-the food and service! Only one downfall some drunk guy that claims to be a Pakistanian living in TJ totally bogarted our dinner and started whining and crying about his childhood, pretty pathetic! It seemed like a set up to see what info he could get out of 5 woman having dinner there. The staff was emabarassed and didn't know what to do. He started crying, using foul language and it really just ruined the rest of our dinner. My advice go, the food is excellent just when someone that is other than the waiter asks how the food is, just say good and don't encourage.

1  Thank rnstacey76
Reviewed June 21, 2012

After Golf @ Compestre, a guy in our foursome suggested this place, We drove on over, not much parking but the barker out front moved a few cars around and was very accommodating. i don't think we would of stayed if he had not done this, it being our first time.
Once inside we were served spicy Machaca w/ chips and green or red sauce. This appetizer alone was magnificent. the machaca was over the top. We all had New York Steaks that were very good, It had great service and nice views of the Golf Course I've heard about this place being the best Steak House in Tijuana. It was very good but i will have to go back again to give it that acknowledgment. The next time i go i will have a order of guacamole with the appetizer just to enhance that part of the meal. No Coronas which made me sad, but you can't have everything. Enjoyed it !!!!!!!