“Great Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in Tijuana
San Diego, California
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Ladies at the reception we very nice and helpful, the staff were outstanding. From the moment I check in everyone made me feel very welcomed. The atmosphere of the entire place is made so you can relax. The room was very clean and nice and the bed was just right. The only complaint I had was the remote for the TV was not working but they took care of it in no time. The bar had very elegant with very reasonable prices. I had an interior room so I had no issues from the nightclub. I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor, get a suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Clos_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed February 19, 2013

As soon as I walked into the room for the first time, I could hear the loud music. I checked to make sure that the windows were closed and I shut the curtains but it didn't make any difference. I called Reception and asked if they had a quieter room but the woman said that they didn't have any more rooms available. This wasn't light background music, this was loud enough at times that the walls and windows were rattling. Unfortunately, the club next door didn't shut down until 5 AM. The next morning, a different woman at Reception said that she would move me to a different room. But, she said that since it was Saturday, the club would again be open until 5 AM. I asked her to just check me out of the hotel.

I had read some reviews about the loud noise but TripAdvisor rates this hotel as #1 with more reviews than any other Tijuana hotel so I figured it had to be an anomaly. Perhaps, on other nights besides Fridays and Saturdays, if the club is closed, then this hotel would be a much better experience.

- The room and hotel were nicer than they appear in the pictures.
- The shower water pressure was very good.
- Revolution Avenue is right around the corner so there's lots of restaurants within walking distance.
- When I checked in, they told me to count the towels so that I wouldn't be charged $20/towel and when I checked out, they had to check the room first.
- Weird that there was no alarm clock by the bed nor any outlet nearby to plug one into.
- There was a small round table with two chairs but no desk nor nearby power outlet for my laptop.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Well, I went here to relax and drink some nice old texas oil .. it was a grand ol time i tell u what sonny boy, but i dare say i have to deduct points due to unhead of mattahs i tell ya, when night came round time 2 sleep but next door it was... eheeem. to say the least loud && not from no darn "night club" neither i telll ya. well about 45 mins later the yelling ended ohh hahah yeahh thats what were calling it.. and then i was able to sleep. nice channels. and counter tops. hot girl works at counter good experiece overall would come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ash c
United States
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Kept expecting something wrong to happen here, but it didn't. The Ticuan as good as a lot of 5-star hotels in major world-class cities. What a pleasant surprise. Would be nice if they had a gym, otherwise nothing to criticize. Restaurant service stellar. Room comfortable, clean. About checking the room at check-out: nothing wrong about this, just calling ahead to desk when you're ready to leave makes it seamless. Finally, a top-rated tripadvisor hotel that deserves to be number one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Paubranco
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Hotel Ticuan is my go-to place in TJ. I've stayed the at least five times. But, as another reviewer mentioned, they've got this weird "send somebody to check the room" policy before they let you leave. Annoying, but even more so when you're accused, as I was, of pilfering a towel. They insisted that one was missing and tried to charge me another eight bucks. I argued, they retreated, but I don't patronize a place to steal the linens - or defend myself from false accusations of having done so.

That said, the place is nice, clean, with a helpful staff. Some of the rooms have "false" windows which open onto an interior courtyard, letting in no natural light. Combine this with very dim interior lighting, and you may not be able to read in bed if you've got middle-aged eyes. Avoid this by asking for a room with an exterior window (you then have to contend with street noise, but that's common in most urban hotels.)

I'm not sure I will stay here again, given the weird checkout experience.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Dan K
ontario
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I just returned from Ticuan, having spent three nights at this lovely hotel. The hotel is immaculate, offering a large and welcoming lobby. The front desk staff were always friendly and helpful. The dining staff were gracious and well-trained in hospitality. They were never overbearing or boisterous-they did well at being gentle host and representing the hotel well.

My room was immaculate with not a hint of dust or fingerprint anywhere. The staff even came and did a sheet change during my stay, for my comfort. They were beyond helpful.

Thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank townandcountrygirl
Denmark, Wi
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just spent 6 days at the Ticuan. I've ben staying there since it opened. Its still like it was when it opened. All the services, Food, Beer and a excellent place to relax in a city of many distractions. From the people at the front desk and the lounge,(Louisa,Noemi,Jose and Aldo. to just a good place to have a excellent time in Tijuana!

Room Tip: Stay on the back side because Los Pulgas is loud at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo