“An oasis...”

Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Tijuana
Tehachapi, California
“An oasis...”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Did some Southern California sight seeing and traveling around with a friend visiting from the east coast. We went to Tijuana to see the sights and eat great authentic Mexican food. The Ticuan was recommended by a friend in San Diego and we were very pleased. The hotel is fairly new (-5 years?), modern, exceptionally clean throughout, has a good restaurant on premises and wonderfully efficient and friendly staff. The rooms are roomy, quiet and well appointed. In short... no complaints and lots of praise for this hotel. Oh, and the rate... about $55 a night. Excellent deal. Highly recommended and if I ever go back to TJ, I'll stay there again.

Room Tip: They were building what appeared to be a parking structure behind the hotel when we visited. It wasn...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank donbvs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel August 2011 and again September 29 and 30 2012. It remains a beautiful hotel, with incredible staff, great rates and a fantastic restaurant. The marble in the rooms, combined with the beautiful ceilings and lighting, lend themselves an air of elegance not found for this price anywhere in the US or Canada. The surrounding area is safe and has a good block of markets just around the corner. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine. Splurge and book a suite - you won't be disappointed.
2 Thank OilermanandTulip
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I went to Tijuana for a a family party and stayed the night at this hotel. It was great. The whole experience was easy, stress free and the hotel was really nice. We took a taxi to the hotel and it was $5.00 from the San Ysidro border (the return trip was $6.00) When we first drove up to the hotel my first thought was wow it looks really nice. We walked in and the lobby was very clean and nicely decorated. The people at the counter who helped us where really nice and checked us in quickly. The room was nice, comfortable, and very clean. Everything was really nice. The bar area had a great atmosphere very relaxing and comfortable. It felt like a mini vacation. We really enjoyed our stay here. The food we had at the party was AWSOME!! Really really good. We plan to go back in December and look forward to staying in this hotel again.

3 Thank Carmen J
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed September 23, 2012

great hotel decorated beauitfully staff was awsome and took care of the smallest details so that my grandaughter had the Quinceanera of her dreams. Food servied at party was excellent five stars.
room service and restaurant was also excellent,rooms clean and comfortable,we had a great weekend there and parking wasnt an issue at all for guests because of privite guarded 24 hour parking so you knew your car was safe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hilda J
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family had a party at the hotel and therefore had to stay there for 2 nights. The rooms were comfortable,elegant and modern. I enjoyed my time at the Hotel, one of the best Hotels i have been to. The staff were helpful and with a great attitude. The hall was elegant and spacious. The food at the party, drinks and the music were just fabulous. Once again I was impressed with the service of the waiters,coordinator, chef and even the Dj ! I'm definitely coming back to this amazing Hotel. The hotel includes Mexican and America food as well as sushi plates.

5 Thank graciela g
Imperial Beach, California, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Home away from Home. Great place, great staff, hotel, resturant and bar are over the top excellent. The night life is right around the corner in all three directions, Pulgas, Caliente, oko bongo. 24hr. Security in the parking and at the door.The internet has been great. it was a little sparatic in the winter and spring but all seems to be fine now. For all this its the No. One Hotel in Tijuana easily!!!!

Room Tip: All Rooms are great !!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Eric L
Seattle
Reviewed August 24, 2012

To preface this review, the hotel probably deserves a 5 star rating, however, I was only there for one night (literally 14 hours). While I didn't spend a lot of time on the property, I had no problems with the hotel and I actually thought it was very nice. The lobby and restaurant/bar was very modern, and the front desk staff was very helpful (fluent in English). Not being familiar with Tijuana, the hotel was fairly easy to find on the map. It is located downtown, and the area seemed to be safe for tourists.

The purpose of my stay was just an overnight on the way from Cabo back to the United States. I'm glad I chose Hotel Ticuan because the price was great (750 pesos). I did have a little trouble trying to reserve the room online with my AMEX card, however after calling the front desk, they assured me that they would accept it even though their website says otherwise.

The room was nice, and the bathroom even nicer. I did not use the TV, but did use the AC. Lots of power outlets in the room, and of course, the free wifi is always a plus for me. I did not explore much else in the hotel. I do know that the first 6 levels of the hotel building are the parking garage and conference rooms. The "first floor" of the hotel I believe is level 7, and I was on 8. I did park in the garage, which is free to all hotel guests, and guarded 24 hours a day by security guards. However, I missed the "Hotel Guest Parking Only" spots right on the first floor of the garage which would have saved me some energy since there is not an elevator in the garage.

Again, not being familiar with the city of Tijuana, this hotel seems like a very good option if you're a tourist, or simply on a business trip. The room did not have an iron or ironing board, but I would guess it is available upon request. If you want to be downtown where a bunch of the night clubs and bars (and infamous strip clubs) are located, this hotel is about a 5-7 block walk from 1st and 2nd street. Overall, I was very satisfied.

Room Tip: Did not reserve a room with a jacuzzi, but will consider if I return, considering the price is not t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo