“Comfortable, But Not Exciting”
Review of Real Inn Tijuana

Real Inn Tijuana
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Tijuana
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I rarely stay in TJ, usually only going there for a day trip or to fly further south, but had a wedding to go to south of the border, and the gringo guests all stayed here. The rooms were spacious by any standard and comfortable. Conveniently located in the Zona Rosa, the Camino Real is a fifteen buck cab ride from the Otay crossing. Much closer to San Ysidro, but the pedestrian crossing there is a mess right now and we were carrying overnight bags and wedding presents, so we went Otay and paid the higher cab fare. We got our Internet free as part of a weekend deal.

The hotel looked business friendly; there were lots of rooms for conferences, which we didn't use, and also a gym, which we didn't use either.Both restaurants on the property were decent but neither was spectacular. You don't have to drag yourself out of bed to check out if you've been helling around TJ all night; checkout is 1 PM.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stay at Camino for three days only. I was on a business trip and the last thing you want in these situations is become without communication with your family. When I saw the hotel's website I couldn't believe that the wi-fi connection has only by purchase. Ok, it wasn't too expensive.I'm not an spanish expert, but I'm sure the attendand gives me a rate/day more than ten times over the correct price. Just a communication problem, not a big issue.

Big room, wonderful bed, powerful air-conditioning system, nice shower, not so good TV options, but that's ok!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel at least 6 times and consider it one of the two best hotels in the city. The last time was a problem though beause when I arrived they didn't have my reservation which was made through expedia. So I paid cash and didn't think much about it. However, I noticed later that expedia deducted my hotel stay from my credit card. I have since been unable to resolve the problem with the hotel and expedia. I actually blame expedia for this.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel itself is not ugly or anything and very clean, i just didnt feel to safe with the area.. there are some great places to eat around there, however for the amount of $$ we paid i feel we got a good deal.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The place was nice. The staff was friendly. It was located in the central business area around 2km from the border. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. Really the place was good all around and a decent place to stay in TJ. I would say I felt safe in the area too, as much as I could not knowing TJ well. I ended up with free wifi too which was a nice bonus because I don't think it's always included.
Gym was small.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cozziad
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I arrived late on Saturday and needed a place to stay in Mexico normally I stay at the Marriott but they were completely full...So I saw the Camino Real checked it out....Worst idea ever. I arrived asked pricing for the room and they said $103 a night which is fine so I got the room. When I signed my paper work the left off the "Price" for some reason and I ask why he stated "no dont worry it is only $103 USD." Mind you it also took this moron 20 minutes to check me in..... Anyways the next morning I got up to check out and the line was about 20 people long.... I waited OVER AN HOUR before finally walking to the front of the line asking if I needed to stay in the line to check out and they said "yes" I told them I had a flight to catch but STILL said I needed to wait, or I could just leave my key and go with out any paper work.... I had a flight and so I left the key and ran....So the next morning I look at my Credit card and they charged me $2020 MX or $175...which means they added and extra $72 to my bill..when I called I couldnt get a good reason. This place is a joke, and these Chavos owe me a free hotel room. GO TO THE MARRIOTT they have better rooms, food, service, and the Marriotts worst room is better than Caminos...PLUS ITS ONLY $80 at the MARRIOTT!

Room Tip: Go to the Marriott. If you get a room on with an 18 infront of the number that means you have to tak...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank alexb104
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Everything was decent. Staff was fine. Location is great- near my doctor, across from mall. Great restaurant near by that staff recommended. My only complaint is that it is too expensive. I got a discount because my doctor has some sort of deal set up with them, but it was still expensive.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family