“It was okay....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hacienda del Rio

You added Hacienda del Rio to your Saves list
Hacienda del Rio
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Rodolfo Sanchez Taboada 1606 | Zona Rio, Tijuana 22420, Mexico   |
Affiliate website
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Tijuana
Sacramento, CA
“It was okay....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I recently stayed at the HDR and the first night I got a room on the top floor all the way in the back of the building. I should have stayed there and dealt with the fact that since there was no elevator, I would have to walk up two flights of stairs. But I did not and paid the price. I had surgery and went back the second night for r & r and took a room on the first floor right by the office. That disco across the street played the more horrifying noise from 9:00 pm to exactly 4:00 am and the reverberation and vibration from the bass seemed to blow the windows out of the room!!! I was sure the people inside that club suffered permanent hearing loss. HORRIBLE. I never slept a wink...flew back to the US and was exhausted.
Continental breakfast? Toast, meager slices of some fruit and ONE small cup of coffee. I ordered the Super Nachos from the restaurant and there was orange and white "glue" mimicking as cheese. I was so hungry but I just couldn't eat it. It was MUCH worse than the nacho cheese you get at 7 Elevens in the states. YUCK!!! I took it back and got a salad. The chef in the restaurant was nice - he helped me pick out the salad. The hotel staff was okay - some were contemptuous of the guests. Maybe the guests deserved it - I don't know. The room had a very firm mattress and LOUD a/c. The sheets were clean and I loved the towels turned into elephants and swans. Very cute!

Room Tip: Get a room all the way in the back on the upper floors. The disco across the street will cause hear...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank VolcanicDiva
Baja Inn H, Director de Operaciones at Hacienda del Rio, responded to this review, June 11, 2015
Thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us.
We ask our sincere apologies for not having achieved our main objective , which is the maximum rest and comfort of our customers. Also, we are very sorry that breakfast was not to his liking.

We will note on the points that you told us , (noise and breakfast) and try to improve in a short time, it should be noted that in Baja Inn Hotel our policy of continuous improvement , so we are currently renovating our 131 rooms.

Thank you for having chosen for your visit to Tijuana and hope to welcome you back at Hotel Hacienda del Rio soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
PHX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The staff were very kind and helpful, but I found the room to be dark, as I was using the room as a place to recovery after a procedure I had done while in TJ. Since it's more like a Motel, with the windows facing right out to the walkway, I was unable to have the curtains drawn. Bedspreads were dated, and there was no English speaking TV channels just a sporadic old rerun every so often that played over and over...The restaurant on site is nice, but the "free breakfast" consist of two pieces of white bread toasted with a packet of grape jelly, and a very small paper thin triangle of watermelon, cantaloupe and papaya, maybe 1oz in total weight, plus a cup of coffee...I have had a continental breakfast in almost every major city in the world and this one wins hands down as the worst. The noise is another thing that one must deal with. I learned that if I had my air conditioner on full blast it helps drown out some of it. But be ready to wake early as the guest start leaving and slamming doors very early. I found the beds to be fine, not great but one that I was able to finally get to sleep on after the near by establishments closed...They do offer a compliantly van transportation so that's a plus...All in all, it was just a okay stay....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank dbowman55
We appreciate your words and your preference for Hotel Hacienda del Rio .

We will consider your comments , which certainly will help us constantly improve the service we provide to our customers.

It grieves us much their breakfast was not to his liking.
It is important to note that we are currently renovating our rooms to offer greater customer satisfaction .

We hope that on your next trip to Tijuana we visit Hotel Hacienda del Rio so that we can show our renovations and improvements; and achieve better serve you
Panama Province, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I been here over a month in business and have tried all the major hotels here. If you like to save and good internet look no further. Now they offer a free continental breakfast but its only friut and toast and unless your in a diet i suggest you order real bk. Other than that its very central free transportation from hotels to malls which is good. Great for business minded people.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank antoniorosetti
Baja Inn H, Director de Operaciones at Hacienda del Rio, responded to this review, June 19, 2015
Thank you very much for your kind words.

It is a pleasure to know that your stay at our Hotel Hacienda del Rio meet your expectations and know that our service standards and quality made ​​him feel very comfortable during their stay.

We are pleased to know that our facilities we are ideal for work and rest for you.

We hope to return to enjoy their company and kindness in your next visit to Tijuana Hacienda del Rio Hotel.

Will send a warm greeting by our team of collaborators Baja Inn Hotels.
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Motel 6 and below. Beds are so so, not nearly as confortable as they should be; staff not very friendly, actually kind of stand-offish; NOISE, OMG! Morning is mandatory wake up with the traffice, cleaning carts and staff yelling right in front of the windows.

SORRY, THIS PLACE SUCKS...IT'S A NEVER GO BACK FOR ME.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Firstly thank you for the time spent to share your comments , receive our sincere apologies if their stay was not entirely comfortable for you.

We would have loved to have been able to meet their expectations.

First of all on behalf of my fellow Hotel Hacienda del Rio , receive our apologies for not having achieved our main objective , which is the maximum rest and comfort of our customers.

In any case, we inform you that we will consider your comments, which certainly will help us constantly improve the service we provide to our customers; since we are currently remodeling our 131 rooms to provide greater comfort and satisfaction to our customers.

We'd love to offer a new opportunity to compensate for his unpleasant experience and we get to show that we have really improved and enjoy our renovations and improvements

Travelers are raving about these Tijuana hotels

San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here this past Saturday. I live close by this city, but because I didn't wanted to go across the border all drunk I decided to stay at this hotel. I have to say that is very well located and is basic. Here it goes for the bad part: 1.- They rent the pool for birthday parties! yes and you have to imagine how the small parking lot gets. Drunks everywhere, im sorry to say this but you will not be able to sleep with the kind of people that stay here. Children and moms yelling at them all around the hotel. Low low quality when it comes to a hotel. I definitely will not recommend this hotel to no one and as for me will prefer to stay in the car. I HAVE STAYED IN OTHER HOTELS IN THE AREA AND HAVE ALL GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT ALL OF THEM, BUT THIS ONE IS ONE THAT YOU HAVE TO STAY AWAY. A GUY APROACHED ME ASKING IF I WANTED A GIRL FOR A NIGHT.( I WAS TRAVELING WITH MY FAMILY!)

Room Tip: none that I can give but to stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Angel V
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

This is our second stay at the hotel. On this trip learned more tricks: 1. Ask for a refrigerator in advance to put new room so it's cold. 2. If the Wi-Fi signal is weak in your room, call Reception to have a router put in your room. 3. Test your AC unit before you accept the room. We had one with a very loud fan, in the second room the vent to the outside air could not be set. Keep in contact with reception to get these things resolved. Reception is very responsive to your requests.
All in all, we are coming back next month because this hotel is still excellent value.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Ted B
Tucson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The del Rio is located in Zona Rio, quite near La Lucerna, a first class hotel. The del Rio is, as another reviewer pointed out, really a motel, not a hotel. The room was clean with 2 full-size beds. They are not queen, so 2 people is a bit much for one bed.

They offer a complimentary continental breakfast (great fruit, toast but NOT coffee). The other offerings are somewhat higher priced than deserved. Since the hotel handles business travelers, the wait in the morning to check out from the restaurant can be long. If you want to charge the meal to your room you must establish a credit card on file. That point was not mentioned when I checked in.

While the room was quiet, our neighbors on a Friday night were not. I complained to the manager, although he did not speak English, so a clerk had to translate. They reassured me that the offending guests would not be provided accommodations in the future. Having stayed in Tijuana before we were familiar with car alarms at all hours. Perhaps the locals are not used to these devices, as they have only been available for 30 years.

We stayed here because it was $30 less than La Lucerna. The room was quite adequate and we comforted ourselves in the knowledge that every 3 days we got a free room at the del Rio in savings over the top hotel.

If you are have a car, the del Rio has a fenced property with security guards. Probably the minimum level of protection you want for your car.

Room Tip: Since this is motel style, go to the 2nd floor. The front of the hotel is on a busy street. We wer...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple