“Just OK”

Hotel Lucerna Tijuana
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Tijuana
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed just one night and arrived without a reservation but Front desk was helpful confirming availability for a king room.
Found the rack rate overpriced after some issues experienced...

When we got to the room the wc was broke and the water running... Bell boy was kind enough to address with Maintenance and have it fixed in like the next 30min.
Went out some blocks away for dinner and decided to go early to bed... Just to find out that the A/C was too warm. My husband tried to adjust it several times and nothing... Like sauna. We did not reported it as we were already in pijamas and didnt wanted to change room at that time, too late already. So decided to open the window.
Next morning while check out, front desk mentioned that either the whole building was fresh or warm... Depending on the season... That is set-up like that...? Ackward! Never heard such thing before!

In room Coffee service which is a great feature and our compliments to the Saturday buffet. Nice presentation and variety. It was a good lunch. Conveniently located if you are crossing the border and complimentary parking.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura74

Reviewed December 27, 2012

A very beautiful hotel complete with amazing staff and clean, well equipped rooms. Ladies at the front desk are helpful. Make sure you ask to stay in the tower - much more quiet than the rooms behind. Three restaurants are very good, although a tad expensive. Felt very safe and secure. Four blocks from shopping centre. Overall a very nice hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the tower. Much quieter rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OilermanandTulip
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed here the weekend of 8/4/12 while in town for a wedding. The hotel grounds are very nice and the room was excellent. The price was great. We haven't been to Tijuana in 25 years and this was a pleasant surprise. We felt secure and the room was very clean. We will be visiting this hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite overlooking the pool. The room was excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JAE2512
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have had the pleasure of using the Hotel Lucerna for the last four years for 15 weeks a year while on business. It was my home away from home and I had come to know most of the staff. On my last trip I discovered an ashtray in my usual room and block. Being allergic to smoke this was important to me. It turns out new management had decided to change non-smoking rooms to smoking rooms so that non-smokers could have a view of the pool. The trouble is that the new non-smoking rooms (former smoking rooms) still had the same carpets, beds and drapes they had before and so the room smelled badly and caused a coughing reaction. I have since moved to the Marriott which is OK but has poor internet service which I require for my work.

It was clear to me that the new management did not understand the concept of why non-smoking rooms are so important for some people. In a year or so the new non smoking rooms might be liveable for me..... but I doubt it. Unfortunately the new non-smoking room also are near to the on-site convention facilities which tend to have very late loud music parties on weekends.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank forgedaboudit
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Lucerna is in the perfect location to enjoy a fun, non-sleazy weekend in Tijuana. Easy walking distance to some of the best restaurants in town - one of them, Mision 19 - is one of the best restaurants in any town, close to the Centro Cultural which has a great art and history museum, and also near the Mercado Hidalgo which is a fantastic outdoor market. The staff at the hotel couldn't be nicer or more helpful. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. The price is right. I'm looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Eric S
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel is great for business, very conveniently located, good price and nice rooms.
Breakfast buffet was not very good but room service was.
I would return for sure

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived at 1:00pm for check-in we were told we would have to wait 30 minutes for the room to be cleaned. A hour and half later we were still waiting! I demanded to go to the room were they had not even started to clean we then waited thirty minutes till room service finally showed up. She cleaned the room fairly well and quickly but left used water bottles and razors in the bathroom. I expected much better service for the money we paid

• Stayed: May 2012