All reviews golf course hospital room pool and hot tub pool area dental clinic the room service menu place is great king bed restaurants and bars up to date front desk staff san ysidro zona rio very nice hotel floor lobby oxygen
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Typing this from mobile.., I stayed the night in off season, arrived at 8 pm on a Sunday night in early Nov 2013. It was a little eerie at first given that there was absolutely no patrons anywhere. It felt a little euro cold, if that makes sense. I choose the regular double bed room (cheaper) It was roomy and clean, but dated and the double size (not queen) mattresses and pillows were standard with no extra fluff, mattress acceptable but marginally so. The hotel was peaceful aside from the occasional room door slamming shut (springs to control the door closing hard would be a plus here) i had to remember to control the door close when I left my own room, easy to forget to do. I did have a good nights sleep though . I didn't mention but there was also a large desk to work on and a roomy bathroom with soaps, hair wash /conditioner. If I had chosen the "suite" it would have suited my typical US accommodations, which consists of a standard room with nice linens, and a better quality mattress ? And fluffy pillows. So ratings at this hotel can vary and I can understand why, but I would definitively stay again since I was with family patronizing businesses in the towers. The elevator was stealth. The restaurant was pricey - ate at both, food was good, nothing special. There is also a yogurt shop which I believe sells healthy options for lunch. Inside one of the two adjoining towers there was a bariatric oxygen clinic, a pharmacy, a busy dental office with Mexican and American patrons, an opera training school, a tv station, and a pediatric physical therapy. There is also a Bancomer right next door, and a Carls Jr and an Argentine restaurant across the street. The surroundings felt safe and easy to get there from the border it seemed. Got in and out by taxi, drivers were friendly. All in all an good experience. Inside the medical suites, my aunt saw the urologist and my mom had other medical business there. There were probably other doctors there , a cardiologist,and OBGYN, and a plastic surgeon with a specialty is with Ear, nose, throat, hmmm... The bariatric oxygen clinic /spa was very nice, I do plan to come back for oxygen therapy. I thinks that's about all I can remember at this point.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Janet H
GrandHotelTijuana, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Tijuana, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you for your comments.
We will continue making some changes in order to improve the facilities and exceed the expectations of our guests.
We will be waiting for your next stay and it will be a pleasure to serve you!
Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

When I checked in the first day the room was dirty, especially the bathroom with the previous tenant's hazardous medical supplies left on the floor and hair in the sink. I asked to check out and was denied. Finally checked out a day early and they kept my money. Refused three times my request for early check out. The reception desk personnel just give you a deer in the headlights look, then pretend to look at something on the monitor and even told me to go back to my room and they would call me with a decision within 30 minutes. They never called. DO MOT STAY AT THE GRAND TIJUANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Denied a refund on previously paid room that was booked in advance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Angie S

We receive your comments and ask a sincere apology for the inconvenience occurred during your stay, have already taken action in this regard.
We will make sure that does not happen again.
Attentively,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The GHT is a decent hotel in a good location with resturants, both fast food (Carl's Jr.) and sit down meat (Fonda Argentina) across the street. There are also resturants in the hotel ( did not try) and a foreign exchange in the tower next door - out the front door of the GHT go right on the sidewalk and just inside the entrance to the medical twer left of the entrance.

Staff is polite, rooms are comfortable but walls are not well insulated. Could hear people entering and leaving and talking in room adjacent to mine late at night. Not bad location and hotel.

Comment about Tijuana in general: the security appears good, people say the years of drug related violence is behind them, and the citizens are friendly and proud of their city. I wish I would have had more time but it was a quick business trip.

Room Tip: Away from elevator and in the corner if posible
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Oscar R
GrandHotelTijuana, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Tijuana, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

We appreciate your comments, they are very important to us.
We hope to stay again in the near future.
Thank you for choosing Grand Hotel Tijuana

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Having traveled in MX I was apprehensive about a 5 star. It is better than some of the big name brand hotels in the states. It has a faucet in the bathroom with filtered safe to drink water. A coffee pot with coffee too! Of course the normal shampoo etc and soap from Italy. There are bellboys waiting to help and the restaurant is shining with glassware and silverware and cloth everything. A very elegant setting. The pool is large and it is surrounded by outdoor beds with form fitting towel sheets. There are outdoor tables and chairs as well as private booth sitting areas A gorgeus view of the private golf course gives it a large open space country setting to the hotel. There is a medical and dental clinics in the adjoining building. The neighborhood is very safe you can walk all over at night. Very clean area and a large variety of different eating establishments. We found 4 gourmet coffee shops within a 3 block radius. Very good coffees including organic, in relaxing upscale atmospheres.

Room Tip: There are taxis outside ready to take you anywhere for a reasonable price and the buses stop at the corner every few minutes.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CountryHarvestUSA
GrandHotelTijuana, Director of Sales at Grand Hotel Tijuana, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

We really appreciate your opinion about our property and we will continue doing our best for getting every day a better service for our Guest!
We hope to see you again in a near future.
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you haven't stayed in Mexico before, you might be thinking a 5 star is the same as in the rest of north america. It's not - it's more of a 3. That said, the staff are incredibly helpful and attentive. The rooms are spotless. If you need anything - it's brought up right away. I wanted extra pillows and they were then within 10 minutes. I even got a call to my room asking if everything was ok and if I needed anything. Beds are comfortable, bathrooms are large and the mirrors and lighting are great for makeup.
You can enjoy a drink in the lobby and people watch, it's also on a gorgeous golf course, so the views are fantastic! I love the pool area with the cabanas and I enjoyed some sunshine and as well as the hot tub. It wasn't busy so I had it to myself which was nice. The pool is heated and the cabana's are a nice touch - and the wireless works great even up there.
Because I'm there on business, I definitely appreciate that they give me extra wireless passcodes for all my devices. I don't watch TV, but there are English channels.
The staff in the restaurants are beyond excellent - I'm lactose intolerant and fussy, so they even made me a special sugar-free drink with pineapple and water. They also serve drinking water infused with fresh fruit - it's delicious!!!
All in all, it's a great hotel. I hope they upgrade it soon though :)

Room Tip: I choose the executive rooms on the top floor with the view of the golf course.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PeanutFreeMom
GrandHotelTijuana, Director of Sales at Grand Hotel Tijuana, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

We really appreciate yours comments and we will go on with the best efforts to exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again in a near future.
Tank you for staying with us!