$80
Hotels.com
$74
$66
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $77/night.

$175
$143
Official Hotel
$99
$79
Hotels.com
$68
All reviewsgolf coursehospital roompool and hot tubpool areadental clinicthe room service menuplace is greatrestaurants and barsking bedup to datefront desk staffsan ysidrozona riovery nice hotelfloorlobbyoxygen
Reviewed September 10, 2013

When I checked in the first day the room was dirty, especially the bathroom with the previous tenant's hazardous medical supplies left on the floor and hair in the sink. I asked to check out and was denied. Finally checked out a day early and they kept my money. Refused three times my request for early check out. The reception desk personnel just give you a deer in the headlights look, then pretend to look at something on the monitor and even told me to go back to my room and they would call me with a decision within 30 minutes. They never called. DO MOT STAY AT THE GRAND TIJUANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Denied a refund on previously paid room that was booked in advance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Angie S
GrandHotelTijuana, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Tijuana, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

We receive your comments and ask a sincere apology for the inconvenience occurred during your stay, have already taken action in this regard.
We will make sure that does not happen again.
Attentively,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The GHT is a decent hotel in a good location with resturants, both fast food (Carl's Jr.) and sit down meat (Fonda Argentina) across the street. There are also resturants in the hotel ( did not try) and a foreign exchange in the tower next door - out the front door of the GHT go right on the sidewalk and just inside the entrance to the medical twer left of the entrance.

Staff is polite, rooms are comfortable but walls are not well insulated. Could hear people entering and leaving and talking in room adjacent to mine late at night. Not bad location and hotel.

Comment about Tijuana in general: the security appears good, people say the years of drug related violence is behind them, and the citizens are friendly and proud of their city. I wish I would have had more time but it was a quick business trip.

Room Tip: Away from elevator and in the corner if posible
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Oscar R
GrandHotelTijuana, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Tijuana, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

We appreciate your comments, they are very important to us.
We hope to stay again in the near future.
Thank you for choosing Grand Hotel Tijuana

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Having traveled in MX I was apprehensive about a 5 star. It is better than some of the big name brand hotels in the states. It has a faucet in the bathroom with filtered safe to drink water. A coffee pot with coffee too! Of course the normal shampoo etc and soap from Italy. There are bellboys waiting to help and the restaurant is shining with glassware and silverware and cloth everything. A very elegant setting. The pool is large and it is surrounded by outdoor beds with form fitting towel sheets. There are outdoor tables and chairs as well as private booth sitting areas A gorgeus view of the private golf course gives it a large open space country setting to the hotel. There is a medical and dental clinics in the adjoining building. The neighborhood is very safe you can walk all over at night. Very clean area and a large variety of different eating establishments. We found 4 gourmet coffee shops within a 3 block radius. Very good coffees including organic, in relaxing upscale atmospheres.

Room Tip: There are taxis outside ready to take you anywhere for a reasonable price and the buses stop at the corner every few minutes.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CountryHarvestUSA
GrandHotelTijuana, Director of Sales at Grand Hotel Tijuana, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

We really appreciate your opinion about our property and we will continue doing our best for getting every day a better service for our Guest!
We hope to see you again in a near future.
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you haven't stayed in Mexico before, you might be thinking a 5 star is the same as in the rest of north america. It's not - it's more of a 3. That said, the staff are incredibly helpful and attentive. The rooms are spotless. If you need anything - it's brought up right away. I wanted extra pillows and they were then within 10 minutes. I even got a call to my room asking if everything was ok and if I needed anything. Beds are comfortable, bathrooms are large and the mirrors and lighting are great for makeup.
You can enjoy a drink in the lobby and people watch, it's also on a gorgeous golf course, so the views are fantastic! I love the pool area with the cabanas and I enjoyed some sunshine and as well as the hot tub. It wasn't busy so I had it to myself which was nice. The pool is heated and the cabana's are a nice touch - and the wireless works great even up there.
Because I'm there on business, I definitely appreciate that they give me extra wireless passcodes for all my devices. I don't watch TV, but there are English channels.
The staff in the restaurants are beyond excellent - I'm lactose intolerant and fussy, so they even made me a special sugar-free drink with pineapple and water. They also serve drinking water infused with fresh fruit - it's delicious!!!
All in all, it's a great hotel. I hope they upgrade it soon though :)

Room Tip: I choose the executive rooms on the top floor with the view of the golf course.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PeanutFreeMom
GrandHotelTijuana, Director of Sales at Grand Hotel Tijuana, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

We really appreciate yours comments and we will go on with the best efforts to exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again in a near future.
Tank you for staying with us!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Grand Hotel in Tijuana is an iconic landmark of the city, and a standar place for business and pleasure trips. It is easy to get from and to the border, and not far away from the airport. I have stayed here mostly for business and, on occassion, when a plane was overbooked and I volunteered to stay overnight. Most rooms have a good view of the golf course behind the hotel. The rooms have lots of natural light, which is a pleasant experience in the morning.
Although the hotel is over 30 yrs old, maintenance is good, but it lacks what are now standards in most hotels, security boxes in every room. The hotel attendants are amiable and prompt in their service, the elevators are quiet, and the conference rooms excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank lateleapagada

We appreciate yours comments, We hope to see you again in a near future.
Tank you for staying with us!