All reviewsgolf coursehospital roompool and hot tubpool areadental clinicthe room service menuplace is greatking bedrestaurants and barsup to datefront desk staffsan ysidrozona riovery nice hotelfloorlobbyoxygen
Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you haven't stayed in Mexico before, you might be thinking a 5 star is the same as in the rest of north america. It's not - it's more of a 3. That said, the staff are incredibly helpful and attentive. The rooms are spotless. If you need anything - it's brought up right away. I wanted extra pillows and they were then within 10 minutes. I even got a call to my room asking if everything was ok and if I needed anything. Beds are comfortable, bathrooms are large and the mirrors and lighting are great for makeup.
You can enjoy a drink in the lobby and people watch, it's also on a gorgeous golf course, so the views are fantastic! I love the pool area with the cabanas and I enjoyed some sunshine and as well as the hot tub. It wasn't busy so I had it to myself which was nice. The pool is heated and the cabana's are a nice touch - and the wireless works great even up there.
Because I'm there on business, I definitely appreciate that they give me extra wireless passcodes for all my devices. I don't watch TV, but there are English channels.
The staff in the restaurants are beyond excellent - I'm lactose intolerant and fussy, so they even made me a special sugar-free drink with pineapple and water. They also serve drinking water infused with fresh fruit - it's delicious!!!
All in all, it's a great hotel. I hope they upgrade it soon though :)

Room Tip: I choose the executive rooms on the top floor with the view of the golf course.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PeanutFreeMom
GrandHotelTijuana, Director of Sales at Grand Hotel Tijuana, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

We really appreciate yours comments and we will go on with the best efforts to exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again in a near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Grand Hotel in Tijuana is an iconic landmark of the city, and a standar place for business and pleasure trips. It is easy to get from and to the border, and not far away from the airport. I have stayed here mostly for business and, on occassion, when a plane was overbooked and I volunteered to stay overnight. Most rooms have a good view of the golf course behind the hotel. The rooms have lots of natural light, which is a pleasant experience in the morning.
Although the hotel is over 30 yrs old, maintenance is good, but it lacks what are now standards in most hotels, security boxes in every room. The hotel attendants are amiable and prompt in their service, the elevators are quiet, and the conference rooms excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank lateleapagada

We appreciate yours comments, We hope to see you again in a near future.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a few times and over the years you can see the deterioration is overcoming the rooms. The rooms are clean but starting to show the wear. There is a cabinet for a refrigerator, microwave and safety box, but none are provided. Possible in other rooms it is, but each time I have stay there is none and not a big deal. The TV sets are old and in great need of updating. The shower did not have hot water this time which has never happened before.

The morning buffet is usually crowded so I would recommend ordering in unless you like a big meal in the morning.

Registration/checking-in always is slow and this time they did not have my registration; luckily I provide them with my confirmation email otherwise I would have been overcharged for the room.
The view is great. Just have to ask for the city or golf course view. There is parking; make sure to validate the parking pass.

Overall, it is a fair value if you book a room using AAA, AARP or Grand Rewards rate, otherwise not worth the value. The Grand Hotel is not a Five Star hotel with superior service or decor. If you are expecting luxury and consistent quality you will be disappointed. But, if you are looking for mostly clean, mostly secure and generally comfortable place to stay at a reasonable price, then the Grand Hotel is a good choice.

Room Tip: ask for the city or golf course view when booking
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Redbear21

We appreciate yours comments! We are making some changes in order to improve the facilities and exceeding the expectations of our guests, We hope to see you again in a near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice view, excelent location, but for the price there is always room for improvement. Our room was clean but a light fixture was falling from the ceiling, another one was not working, food was good but too expensive

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Veronica P

Thank you for your comments! We are making some changes in order to improve the facilities and exceeding the expectations of our guests.
We hope to see you again in a near future. And thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great hotel with amazing views. Seems to be well centred and easily accessible. Close to most ammenities. The pool and hot tub are very clean as well as the cabanas. The staff is great and very friendly. Restaurants at the hotel were really good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sandy T
GrandHotelTijuana, Director of Sales at Grand Hotel Tijuana, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

We really appreciate your opinion about our property and we will do the best for getting every day a better service.
Thanks for your comment!