“Very exciting attraction”

and up
Tijuana Shopping Adventure from Anaheim
Ranked #3 of 49 things to do in Tijuana
More attraction details
Owner description: Tijuana's main street, lined with little shops and American fast-food chain restaurants such as Burger King and Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Boston, New York
“Very exciting attraction”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I am a world traveler and have been too many places. There are no sidewalks in this area and I would recommend you to know few basics of Spanish. Else, it would be difficult to enjoy this place. The local shopkeepers were very assertive to visit their store and I did get some fabulous collection from there. I am quite happy about my visit and if I get a chance to go there, I shall think about it. For eating, shopping and drinking this is the best place I guess. The attraction offered many shows, shopping festivals and much more to travelers. Good place to visit once.

• Korean first
Porto
199 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 208 helpful votes
“The Mexican hart”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I went to Tijuana just for a quick tourist trip to get to know the reality of the other side of the border. It was a quite impact... I became aware of how most of the people live in the world! this is the real life of the other side!

For me, it was rewarding to see that avenue, despite the two hours I had to wait to return to the United States!!! It´s the history there... And most interesting, you can appreciate some influence of the mexican style when you get back to United states, the colours of the roads, the lines in streets...
Worth it!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank InesPontes
Westfield, New Jersey
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Not worth the trip”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This seems to be the place to write about Tijuana in general, so here goes. It is not the poverty or the dirt that turned me off to this place. I've been to Haiti and Tangiers (and parts of Newark, NJ, for that matter). It was the 3 hour line to get back into the United States! Having a US passport means nothing. You have to wait with no access to bathrooms or protection from the cold or rain or wind. No wonder we were the ONLY Americans walking along Avenida Revolucion that day. Visitors to San Diego...don't bother. I feel sorry for the local restaurant and store owners. If you walk across, you can't really get to this area without hiring a taxi or walking WAY out of your way. There are NO sidewalks, just highways, between the border and the Avenue. No signs telling you where anything is located. (I can read Spanish. There was nothing to direct you in ANY language.) And the stop signs are COMPLETELY ignored by the locals. You take your life in your hands crossing the street. I never felt in danger from the people. Everyone was friendly. They try to draw you into their shops and restaurants, but were never pushy. I guess I'm glad I saw the place, but never, never again.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Blockster
Wilson, NC
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very interesting”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Ok I put my last review in the wrong place. We are world travelers and believe everything is worth seeing once. To avoid all the long lines we went with a tour that dropped us off here for a few hours. Pushing selling is not unusual to us, try Turkey! We were really on the look out for little pieces of hand made stuff that would sell for much more in the U.S. and we found some cute things that were obviously hand made (not made in china that we saw). The sad part was being ripped off at the very good lunch we had. They charged us as much for the two CANS of diet coke as they did for our whole meal (we didnt think to ask the price of them) plus a 15% tax. We simply took out a bill and told them it was all we had and they took it. That doesnt help turism, we were glad we went but would never go back, there are too many other things to see in the world, but it was definatly worth a visit. We waited about 5 minutes at the boarding crossing with the tour. When my husband lingered in a store i did notice people getting a lot more assertive with me to visit the store, but over all it was not bad.

5 Thank Candace036
MABLETON
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Did not feel unsafe, but it takes hours to get back across the border.”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I never felt unsafe, but Tijuana is not what it used to be 30 years ago. Many of the shops were boarded up and while there were plenty of people, the crowds are paltry compared to what they used to be. I thought it might have been due to the attention given to cartel violence a few years back, but upon heading back to the US, I think I see why the crowds are gone. We used to cross the US border at San Ysidro in less than one or two minutes. The line now stretched what I would guess to be about half a mile and took about four hours. As much as I like the Avenide Revolucion and the food and shops, none of it is worth standing in a line for four hours. I don't know who is to blame for this, but has to be killing the economy in Tijuana which depends on tourism. That all said, the shop owners were all very friendly and not at all overly pushy. I hope the line thing works out soon.

1 Thank chrislast