“For a little Mexian town the hotel was great”

La Hacienda de la Langosta Roja
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in San Felipe
calif
Reviewed August 21, 2005

First of all ,you're in a small Mexican fishing town, so you should under stand, everthing isn't going to be up to a four star hotel. I like the hotel, the people were very nice, the food was great, and we are going to be back later this year, and after reading the other review before this one i can see where the term (the ugly American ) comes from!

• Stayed: May 2005
17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Long Beach,Ca
Reviewed May 31, 2005

We arrived on Friday afternoon, found the hotel after the directions they gave us got us lost. When we got in our room we expected something a little nicer but at least it was clean...
The hotel was Ok service in the restaurant was a little slow our housekeeper was great.
What was really frustrating was that before we made our reservations we asked if parking was included and if they had ample parking for larger cars they assured us that it would be no problem. They told us they had two large parking lots was that a surprise when we arrived and saw there two large parking lots or should I say there lack of especially when you drive a large SUV and you have two jetskis hitched to the back of it. What made it worst was that we would arrive from the Marina earlier than normal so we could assure parking and when we would get there the parking lots were half empty but the security guards would not allow us to park because they were reserved. We found out later that they would reserve you a spot for a fee. There was nothing at this Hotel that would ever bring me back other than desperation.

• Stayed: May 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Buena Park, CA
Reviewed March 26, 2005

We got scammed by a staff member.
Scam: Take a perfectly good part off the mark's car and sell it back to him."
I didn't fully realize it until it was too late. The parking lot has "security" in the form of a guy sitting in a little hut. We checked in around 9 or 9:30 pm and parked my truck in the lot (which I just had serviced at the dealer 2 days prior). 12 hours later when we went to get in the truck and drive away it wouldn't start. The "helpful" security guy came out asking what was wrong. He just so happened to have "mechanic training" so he poked around here and there and determined a specific part to be the problem. Something under the engine that has to do with the electrical system. He took it away to his "amigo" who supposedly runs a wrecking yard and came back around 5:30 pm with the "replacement part". He reinstalled it and asked for $100. Stupidly I got the money and paid him before I asked for my old part back. Of course he didn't have it "with him" but would be sure to drop it off to me tomorrow. Of course we never saw him again.
In retrospect I believe he disconnected the part during the night so he could help me by finding the "bad part" in the morning, and "replace it" by selling it back to me.
When I got back home I had the mechanic at the dealership check. They could find nothing unusual. After I told them the story they said it was likely I got scammed.

• Stayed: December 2004
23  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Palm Desert, CA
Reviewed May 21, 2004

This hotel is very clean and well located. Almost everyone there was visiting the El Dorado Ranch project, so there was lots to talk to strangers about. They have a great bar and restaurant. Staff was very courteous, friendly and efficient.
Definitely reccommend it.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 28, 2004

Ordered a supposedly 17.5 oz. (half kilo) lobster for $36.00 american, turned out to be less than 4 or 5 oz. Told waiter about it, and others including bartender of my dissatisfaction to no avail. Never again for me. Be forewarned of the menu and expectations there. Service was ok, but nothing special. Was told owner is same as El Dorado Ranch development, so tells me alot there also.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed January 6, 2004

We stayed at La Hacienda de la Langosta Roja one night the first weekend in January. The hotel room was very basic - no closet, no telephone, no coffeepot; but it did have a bed and shower (with lukewarm water). The hotel is close to shopping and the water, however it is located in a not so great area. The restaurant was excellent! And the staff at the hotel and restaurant provided very good service.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 3, 2004

The Langosta Roja is fantastic. We stayed three nights over New Year; great location, very clean, very friendly, and a decent restaurant to boot, if you ever tire of fish tacos. Stay there, you won't be sorry.

10  Thank barneymcgrew
#58 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Don Eddie's Landing Hotel
Don Eddie's Landing Hotel
#1 of 7 in San Quintin

Been to La Hacienda de la Langosta Roja? Share your experiences!