“Great location, service and restaurant!”

La Hacienda de la Langosta Roja
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in San Felipe
Rosarito
“Great location, service and restaurant!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The rooms are clean and the property is well-staffed and maintained. Some of the furniture is dated, but the bedding, towels, etc., were new in the several rooms I visited. It is not a new hotel, and the hot water took a while, but with patience the water was plentiful and hot, so no complaints. The posted rates while we visited during a non-holiday time were $65 on weekends and $55 during the week, which was a good rate in a great location.

The Restaurant was very good... good food and great service. Reasonable prices, Italian flare. Full bar, fresh and plentiful Italian breads. We had both dinner and breakfast and were pleased with both... choice of inside or very pleasant patio atmosphere

You can't beat the location. Very easy access to the beach and malecon. Parking was easy and a security guard on duty 24 hrs while we were there. Convienence stores, pizza, taxi stands adjacent, and numerous other restaurants and attractions within a 5 minute walk. The malecon along the beach is all new, well lighted and fun.

"Very Good" in general, "Excellent" when you consider the total package, price and location.

Room Tip: All the rooms have queen beds. On a busy night, room 7 may get some noise from cars below. Rooms 1...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank RosaritoKen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed November 30, 2012

What can I say, it was a cheap, clean place to stay. I was there for an off-road race and we had a truck full of stuff that we didn't want to unload into the room.

They gave us a ground floor room so we could unload some stuff. After being out for dinner, we returned well after dark, I parked, and noticed they seemed to have a staff member watching the parking area on the side street. I felt a lot better about leaving stuff out there.

Its a no frills place but the AC worked, there was warm water for a shower, and I slept well.

We walked through the restaurant when we first went in, and it looked nice and clean with good food, but we did not have a chance to try it.

Ate at a little Taqueria about 2 blocks from the place on the main street which was amazing. (head away from the water) same side of the street.

For the price, it was the best option. I didn't want to spend $100 for a room that I was there for literally 6 hours to sleep. The $65 bux I paid was perfect.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Paul S
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The room is very small and in need of refurbishing. Our in wall air conditioner had no knobs, just metal levers sticking out. To turn it off you had to unplug it. The light over the sink did not work. The hot water was eventually warm not hot. The sink did not have a plug and the entire room smelled bad. After we plugged the sink hole with the plastic used to wrap the drinking glasses and turned on the A/C the smell was better.
Everyone we encountered was very nice and I am sure they would have tried to make things better but we did not ask since we were only in the room to sleep. The bed was comfortable and clean.
We stayed here as part of a tour of El Dorado Ranch so we were not given any hotel options and the "Red Lobster" is in a great location in San Felipe, close to the board walk along the waterfront which is where the shops and restaurants are located.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank KellyM0602
Escondido, CA
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I paid $65 American dollars for a Friday night. The location is great: 2 blocks from the beach/boardwalk. The hotel shows some wear and tear but is very charming and atmospheric. Room was clean and A/C worked fine. Had fantastic breakfast at on site restraunt with best service Ive ever had (it helps when 4 wait staff only have 2 tables to wait on!) Perfect for no-frills get away to sleepy San Felipe.

Room Tip: Room 10 was where we stayed and had 2 beds so would be great for up to party of 4.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank SoCalSonian
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This was our second trip to San Felipe where we stayed at La Hacienda de la Langosta Roja.
The first time was about four years ago and, although the web site claims to have recently refurbished the property, the rooms were no different than they were then. The bed was comfortable enough but I would suggest bringing you own pillows if you don't like extra firm pillows. The person who suggested they are reminiscent of a Motel 6 hit it right on the head. This place is, however, cleaner than any Motel 6 I've seen (and won't see anymore). We happened to have had the unfortunate experience of arriving at the beginning of the week long Easter celebration and the noise was absolutely horrific. The oh, so loud, music which became louder as the night progressed, kept all of us awake and quite cranky in the morning. There were three couples traveling together for this trip - we had three what they call "single" rooms (one bed rather than two in each room). These rooms are in the front of the building on the main street coming into town and the traffic noise is also quite annoying once the music stops (about 3:00AM!).. Ear plugs are a must, though nothing could drown out the music. I do remember the road noise from our previous trip being annoying, so even without the music, a good night's sleep wasn't possible in these front rooms.
The staff is very helpful - whenever any of us needed something, it was there almost immediately. The shampoo and towels were replaced daily and the rooms made up very nicely. The rooms, as mentioned before, are not close to being luxurious, but they are comfortable and the balcony outside is very nice. We spent several hours in the evenings sitting on the balcony visiting with our friends. The downside of this property is the restaurant, which although it looks really nice and has very a friendly and helpful wait staff it is a little on the expensive side and has horrible food, a fact about which all six of us agreed. There are so many good restaurants nearby, so that doesn't create as much of a problem as does the noise.

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms off the main street!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank bnb325
San Diego, CA
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed at the Langosta Roja (Red Lobster) the first night of Carnaval 2012. The best thing about the establishment is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Our room was reminiscent of a Motel 6 -- shabby but clean, and cheaply furnished with the one bedside lamp super glued to the bed stand. The bathroom contained a large walk-in shower -- the water temperature and pressure were just fine, and the towels were nicer than in most inexpensive establishments. To reach registration -- as well as our room (#4) -- requires climbing up a number of uneven outside steps from the parking lot or a steep stairway in the bar of the Langosta Roja restaurant. However, most of the rooms are located in the annex behind the main building with several on the ground floor. The hotel provides 24 hour parking lot security, a real plus. Since Room #4 is in the front area, we heard street noise. Good central location near the malecon. Note: The malecon is undergoing a major facelift at present. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the annex area should be quieter and have easier access.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank HOWRED
Meadview, Arizona
Reviewed February 3, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times since 2002. I just returned from a nice 3 day stay, Jan. 30, 31 & Feb. 1st, 2008. From the reception staff, to housekeeping, security, the wait staff, bartenders everybody has always been helpful and cheerful. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. There are closets were you can hang up clothing items, it's an open alcove without doors. I've always had hot water in the shower, in fact this hotel has the best water pressure in a hotel shower, I've ever had, it's strong(which I like), along with being hot. the A.C. always works, in fact this time, I used the heat function, as it got chilly at night. The restaurant at the hotel bills itself as italian, but, it also serves steaks, chops and chicken dishes too. All the meals have always been very delicious and reasonably priced. This last visit I had the half roasted chicken with vegetables, and all the garlic(or plain) french bread you could want, with lemonaide all for $ 16 U.S.D. true, there is no phone in the room, but, who do you want to call anyway ? There is only a small 19" inch T.V. and not very many channels to select from. But, who cares, you're on vacation in Mexico, get out and see the sites. I even had my 4-door Chevy silverado pick-up truck with a camper shell hand washed in the hotel parking lot by an enterprising Mexican man, for $ 5 U.S.D., he washed 3 other cars there during the time I was there. The beaches south of town are better than the beach in town at the malecon. Also south of town is "The Valley Of The Giants" the giants are Cardon cactuses. If you have ever seen Saguaro catuses In Arizona, well the Cardon's are their BIGGER Mexican cousin's. You'll need a 4x4 to go in to drive around the valley, because of the fine sugar sand. I rate the red Lobster hotel as 3 stars. Like I said, I have stayed here many times, and I will be definately be staying here again in the future. I have at times brought family and friends to stay here too, and they all enjoyed their visit too.

• Liked — Friendly Staff, Great Food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
Don Eddie's Landing Hotel
Don Eddie's Landing Hotel
#1 of 7 in San Quintin
San Felipe Marina Resort & Spa

Been to La Hacienda de la Langosta Roja? Share your experiences!