“Very Nice Place”
Review of Playa del Paraiso

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Felipe
Playa del Paraiso
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in San Felipe
San Diego, California
“Very Nice Place”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place is all that the pictures show it will be. Very nice condos. Very spacious.
Things to know that were the only draw backs:
No TV's in bedrooms. Only 1 in living room. With a large group including kids (and video games) a little tough.
Kitchen all though well equipt with stove, oven and huge refrigerator had very little to assist in the kitchen. Not many pots and pans, no hot pads, etc. No soap for washing dishes, no trash bags, coffee filters. My experience has been that in other places, they don't leave plentiful amounts of these things but that they come daily to replenish and that wasn't the case here.
We visited in a cold month so perhaps if it were warmer, we would have been outside and none of this would have mattered.
The pool is NOT heated so it was icy cold. They do have an jacuzzi as advertised but it is an above ground one and it was not hot. They turned it on upon request. The beach is very close but is VERY filthy. Trash, trash and more trash. I've actually never seen a beach with more trash. Bring water shoes too because there is a lot of glass in the sand. Again, maybe this is better maintained in busier months.
Last time I visited, I stayed at the Sanddollar Condotel and the beach there was much nicer and very clean.
The beds were extremely compfortable. Slept well. HVAC seemed to work well although we only used the heat.
Overall, the place itself is gorgeous and has luxurous appliances and beds. The outside ammenities fell short I must say.
Oh, one more thing... there is an awesome clubhouse downstairs. We didn't use it because our condo was huge but they have one of those old pianos that you put the paper roll in and pump with your feet to make the music play. Can't remember what they're called but what fun that was.
If you go, drive south about 45 minutes, you can go to the hot springs. That was fun!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked nice and furnished in the same manner. I don't think you can go wrong with...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Julie G

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Bring your own food, laundry detergent and you will have th time of your life. The condos are wonderfully equipped n furnished. Great pool. I counted 8 beach chairs and over 15 outdoor chairs. So even on weekend everyone had a poolside chair. ATV rental, banana boat, coco n pineapple vendors all drive up to facility beachside offering services. Sunrise 4:45 am sea of Cortez and every room has perfect view. I rented a 2 bedroom condo it was spacious, quiet, safe and cool (a/c). Better weather than can un and less crowded.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
13 Thank Raygoza55
Redlands, California
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Came here for my 16th anniversary, we loved the room, clean, nicely decorated, beautiful views. The resort itself needs work, swimming pool is pretty small, not enough chairs to lay on so bring your own. No umbrellas, no tables. Needs to be beautified, the resort has stopped construction due to some funding problems so they should focus on whats there already, maybe some lights around palm trees, or how about a small cafe incase you want something to drink or eat. It's Bring your own everything to this resort because they don't even have vending machines. No complaints about the beach. The beach is perfect although some cabanas would be nice. Security needs to stop being so scared of loosing their jobs and actually do their jobs. Many times my husband had to remove cones at the gate because the guard was asleep. Jacuzzi is a joke. Overall don't expect much other than a great room and beautiful views.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Cutediane
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed for a week as a family vacation in July. This was our second time back and our first with kids. I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful our stay was. The amenities are top of the line. They are beautifully decorated, immaculate and have everything you could need or want. The views are breathtaking both during the day and at night. The pool was bath water warm, infinity style and large enough to accomodate all guests. There were many times we went to spend time in the pool and had the entire thing to ourselves! There is a jacuzzi, gym, clubhouse with a full kitchen, bbq....u name it. The staff is extremely kind and helpful. I would never stay anywhere else in San Felipe...or Mexico for that matter ( and I can be pretty picky when it comes to accomodations). After reading the one or two reviews that were not 100% complimentary it appears that all complaints have been addressed and resolved by the staff. We had ample towels, toilet paper, etc and found plentiful staff available to assist us at all times. We had no issue with overcrowding at all (and there were many people staying at the resort.... more during the weekend than weekdays).

The beach was never crowded. We found hundreds of shells including sand dollars....such a treat for the kids. The Sea of Cortez is really warm this time of year and enjoyable for a swim or for floating on a raft. There are so many things to do. We rode on the banana boat, rented quads, went on a glider ride, on a fishing expedition, sang karaoke at Rumors, sailed on the Party Cruise you can catch at the marina next to the resort.... just to name a few. The resort is located very close to town. We shopped several days (great finds at great prices), ate amazing filet mignon and seafood dinners, street tacos....any type of food you desire is inexpensive and delicious. We had some of the best food I have ever had anywhere in the world. I would recommend La Vaquita for seafood, Chewys or El Nido for steak, Taco Factory for soups, ribs, etc and Georges or the Road Runner Cafe for a great American breakfast. You cant go wrong getting street tacos at any of the restaurants on the strip. You don't have to worry about drinking the water or getting ice in your drinks. Rumors is fun for Karaoke and Rockadile for cocktails and dancing.
I cannot say enough about the people of San Felipe. They are gracious, kind, helpful and a pleasure to be around. It has to be one of the safest places in the world. I felt safer in San Felipe than in many places in California. I was completely comfortable there alone, with my daughter or with a group at any hour of the day.
I will go back as often as I possibly can for many years to come.... either as a family vacation or an adults only trip with friends. It is a piece of paradise many have yet to discover!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank GregNAng
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I absolutely loved everything about the playa del paraiso! I would recommend this resort to anybody looking for an awesome vacation! The rooms were decorated beautifully! Everything was top of the line. The beach was just footsteps away. Playa del Paraiso has all the accommodations for a great vacation! I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank Alexavillarinho
Ensenada, Mexico
Reviewed July 11, 2011

First off, the location is great, really close to town but far enough (5 min by car). Next to the Fonatur Marina, the beach is great, the water temperature was great, it wasn't very hot the days we were there 95-103 F, but the sun was really strong.

The views from the tower are really nice, the rooms are very big, although they do lack more decor or furnishings. The pool is nice but small so on weekends it tends to be really crowded, didn't even use it preferred to go swimming in nature's pool. Our balcony was great although we didn't get any chairs to enjoy it.

I guess since we were only staying a night they thought it wise to leave us only 1 toilet paper roll. There is no phone to the office or to any staff whatsoever so any extra towels, toilet paper, etc. you must walk to the office about 500-600ft. They do have a couple a guards and the place is really secure. The front staff at the office is really nice and helpful, I didn't see any House Staff.

Overall I would give it five stars if they'd address there House Staff service issues which make it seem as the rooms were improvised from a Condo to a Hotel Room.

On San Felipe, I believe it has great potential it's a nice place to spend a weekend, I think it lacks a lot in areas of entertainment and dining (good restaurants, fine dining).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank anlof9
Riverside, California
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We totally enjoyed our stay at Playa del Paraiso. The amenities were first class. With only a short 5 hour drive (along good roads), a person can enjoy a great relaxing stay, where time stands still...My son and friend were able to take a fishing trip with a guide, caught 40 fish in 2 1/2 hours. We then cooked up "their catch" for a delicious meal. Our suite was amazing with "knock out" views of the beautiful ocean, with first class kitchen, bathroom, sleeping and living areas. We cannot wait to return for another awesome (but longer) stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 37 in Ensenada
Positano Hotel
Positano Hotel
#58 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas

Been to Playa del Paraiso? Share your experiences!