“nice location/ nice hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Felipe
Costa Azul Motel/Hotel
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in San Felipe
los angeles
“nice location/ nice hotel”
Reviewed June 23, 2008

this hotel is located in the best place for any one wanting to enjoy san felipe to the fullest. it is right smack by shops/restaurants/ clubs. one of the best menudos i have ever had is about a block away for all you party go-ers needing a pick me up the morning after a good time. the rooms are decent sized and this is the 3rd time i have stayed here and i did notice some rennovation made since the last time i was here about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago.

• Liked — decent conditions, not great, right by the shops and beach
  • Disliked — they could work on the towels and beds a bit
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed June 12, 2008

Basic, but clean rooms, air conditioning,access to the beach,and their own parking lot, I'd stay there again. Only issue is the phones didn't call out to the U.S., so we had to go to a phone booth.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Phones didn't call out
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
High Desert
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Convenient and Fun! It's not the Ritz, but the rooms are clean, the pool is very nice and you can't beat the location. I've stayed in this hotel many times and will continue to stay there when available. I have 4 kids from 17 to 4 years of age and each of us enjoys the stay. The beach, food and shopping are all walking distance. And late evening the teen babysits and clubs are walkie talkie distance.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — wrist bands
  • Stayed August 2004, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank missmagg3
Utah
Reviewed May 31, 2007

My experience at this hotel was somewhat okay. Rooms have really old furniture and the matress not that great. dont be surprised if you wake up with back ache. They really should work on new furniture, sheets & towels. During long weekends you have to book 3 to 4 night even if you plan on staying just 1 night.The hotel looks okay from the outside. The pool was okay . However the rooms were kinda gross. Our bathroom had white towels that looked almost gray of so old that they were. Staff looks fishy. I would suggest leave valubles in your car instead of room.

Location is great next door to boardwalk. If you need toilet paper or towels be prepared to walk to front desk they will not go out of their way.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank hello21

Travelers are raving about these San Felipe hotels

Henderson, NV
Reviewed February 7, 2007

We love the Costa Azul - it was our second time here. The first was in Sept or Oct 05. Can't beat the location. It's right on the beach. You can park your car (within the grounds) and walk just about everywhere. Good when you have had a few margaritas - By the way, a glass of wine is more expensive in town than a margarita.
The hotel is "worn" but clean - and bright. Mattress was great in our room (we got the same one as the first time). No elevators - as "young seniors" we appreciate the exercise!
There is security. Staff is friendly.
Next time (and there will be a next time - same room) - I'll take a coffee pot.
The TV doesn't have remote - but there were 5 stations and 2 were in English.
If you want 5 stars - try the Four Seasons in Santa Barbara, CA

Stayed February 2007
5 Thank SimplyCin
Southern California
Reviewed November 5, 2006

This is , after all, an older motel in Mexico. However, it is clean and bright. It has hot water and clean linen. Most of the lights work as did the TV (although there are only two channels and they are but in Spanish). The furniture is early Goodwill but adequate. The air conditioning is great. It is right on the beach and the annual Shrimp festival is literally at the back of the motel. This was a very noisy event that went late into the night. We were on the pool side of the motel and there was no noise from the fair in our room. It has a nice pool and helpful staff which is nice because this is a three story building without an elevator.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Don't expect 4 star facility
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring beach or water shoes
  • Stayed November 2006
2 Thank Rileymydog
San Diego
Reviewed September 4, 2006

We stayed at the Costa Azul Hotel this Labor Day weekend. Even though I only read bad reviews on this web site, I took the chance because I wasn't able to find any where else to stay with such a short notice. I'm sorry to see such a great location go to waste with this hotel. It is in horrible condition, the rooms are very small and badly maintained. The hotel was almost to capacity, so parking was limited along with the towels. Two towels for 2 adults and 3 kids is hard to manage. My father was a founder of the Fire Station in San Felipe and a fisherman, I still have many releatives living there but choose to stay in hotels because our kids enjoy the pool. I mentioned the condition of Costa Azul to my cousins who live in San Felipe and they tell me that this hotel pays it's employees penies, so I figure, you get what you pay for. Although, on the other side, I paid $95 a night and definitely did not get what I paid for. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!

4 Thank wah_mex
Don Eddie's Landing Hotel
#1 of 7 in San Quintin
San Nicolas Hotel and Casino
San Felipe Marina Resort & Spa

Been to Costa Azul Motel/Hotel? Share your experiences!