“Very good option in Rosarito”
Review of Ajenjo

Ajenjo
Ranked #11 of 179 Restaurants in Rosarito
Description: Ajenjo serves French- Mexican fusion cuisine, with Asian twists, in a Baja chic and ellegant, yet rustic ambiance. Featuring world class cuisine by chef/owner Roberto Valle Hernandez, where you can enjoy his unique creations, such as his World Famous Lobster Burrito, Ajenjo Shrimp casserole, select cuts of prime Sonoran beef, fresh fish and seafood, localy grown produce and dairy from farm to table. Serving lunch and dinner, featuring daily chef´s specials. Ajenjo, also offers a variety of gourmet tacos, such as grilled arrachera, beef tongue, lamb shank stew, octopus, shrimp and more. Ajenjo´s bar is the place to go, for the best martinis, margaritas and specialty cocktails, with daily happy hour from 4:00-6:00 pm. Taco nights are Monday from 6:00-9:00 pm, paella Sunday 1:00 - 4:00 pm.
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Hidden gen in Rosarito, the place is a mix of french and baja. The menu is simple nut yet very good. We tried several dishes and all good. The service is very goos and the prices are not that high. I will return

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a reviewReviews (89)

Reviewed July 24, 2018

What a wonderful place!!! The food is great! A fusion of French/Mexican, staff is attentive, the décor is quaint & their tacos are the best!!! We have been there at least 3 times & have always left very pleased, I recommend the lobster burrito, definitely the French soup (Owner Chef Valle Is a graduate of Cordon Blue In Paris so U know your getting the real deal), fish is fresh bcs your at the beach, Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed April 15, 2018

I do consider myself a connoisseur regarding good food. For starters, we asked for the Arrachera (flank steak) medium term.. very good. it was right on spot, unfortunately, I cannot say the same about the rice and the beans.. The rice was a bit hard and not exactly your typical mexican rice. The beans need some work for they were absolutely tasteless. The hand-made tortillas need some improvement as well, they were too thick and hard. My wife requested the cannelloni with shrimp and lobster sauce. I tried it and it was good.
Now, when it comes to the prices... the caesar salad a bit expensive.. 120.00 pesos (7 Dollars) for one portion, but with a good flavor.
My wife asked for a sangria with just a bit of lime and it had too much of it, so we sent it back and the replacement was pretty much as acidic as the first one.
Anyway, I do believe that we will be back to try something else, and I will keep posting future reviews.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 2, 2018

What a treat. We've now had two fabulous meals. We came in December and had the Calamari appetizer. My wife had the duck and I had a daily special which included a risotto. I ended my meal with a super creamy creme caramel and my wife had a scoop of gellato. Then, we just came back for in February for my birthday. We again shared the Calamari and my wife just had to have the duck again. I opted for the prime rib eye steak with the mushroom risotto and roasted seasonal vegetables. And I paired that with a luscious Private Reserve Mexican Red wine by the glass. (The steak was large enough that we could have shared it.) Simple a lovely place to have an excellent meal.

Reviewed February 3, 2018

Nice to see such high caliber restaurant in Rosarito. For the most part if you want this type of cuisine you need to either go to Tijuana or Ensenada. Prices are good for the quality and portions, desserts were a bit pricey though. Will be back

1  Thank 108miguelr