“A real Italian restaurant”
Review of Pasta y Basta

Pasta y Basta
Ranked #2 of 199 Restaurants in Rosarito
Description: Chef Christian Gritti (professionally trained in San Pellegrino, Italy) serves a traditional Northern Italian Menu in Baja California. All of our pastas are handmade fresh! We are sure you will be able to taste the difference between fresh pasta and dry pasta. We imported a pizza oven from Europe and make pizza the true Italian way. The chef grew up making pizza in his Dad's pizza shop. We serve wine from an Italian vineyard in the Guadalupe Valley, Villa Montefiori & Casa Magoni. We hope you will feel like family in our cozy location. Come and experience a taste of Italy in Baja!
Reviewed March 17, 2019

I had dinner several times at Pasta y Basta, if I get the chance to visit TJ or Rosarito again I won't miss the opportunity to eat there again.

The food is real Italian, the atmosphere is nice I felt super comfy and relaxed, the staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and well educated, fully bilingual.

All the dishes I had were cooked to perfection. The tuna salad comes with lime or mint sorbet, great touch. The panna cotta is the best I ever had, even better than in the places I had visited in Rome. They make their own limoncello and they also carry other Italian liquors such as amaretto, sambuca, grappa, frangelico. The coffee is good! something you may miss a bit in TJ.

Super recommended. Grazie mille to the staff @Pasta y Basta

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 9, 2019

My family and I ate here during the week and had a great dining experience. The place is quaint along with a great atmosphere. I ordered the pizza and had a lot of food left over, we also ordered desert and it was fantastic along with the limoncello. The owner is from Italy and it really shows in his food. Hope to visit this place again soon.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

WOW! If you plan to spend even one night within driving distance of this place, it is a must-try. Amazing fresh pasta that they make in-house daily combined with perfectly cooked seafood make for a wonderful and delicious meal. The hospitality is warm and authentic, the seating area is cozy and beautifully decorated, and the wines are delicious and local (they use the Montefiori vineyard from the nearby Valle de Guadalupe). We had the tuna tartare, arugula and parmesan house salad, shrimp ravioli and seafood spaghetti, and all were bursting with exactly the right flavors. I could not possibly recommend any higher, kudos to Chef Gritti and his team, don’t miss out on this spectacular Italian gem!!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

This is the 2nd time my husband and I come over for dinner, and we just love it. Customer service is great and the taste is authentic, it takes us back to our trip to Italy we totally recommend this place.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 22, 2018

When you are in Rosarito the idea of grabbing an Italian dinner isn’t always the first thing you think of… This place is good enough to challenge that notion. I live in Rosarito and visit Pasta y Basta on a weekly basis. The chef (Christian) is from Italy and he brings authentic recipes from his home land to Baja. It is hard to pick a favorite dish – but I’m a big fan of the fresh pastas and also the osso buco.

The waiters are extremely friendly and are fluent in English and Spanish. If you are in the area and like Italian food you should definitely visit.

Date of visit: October 2018