“Great eating place with true Mexican home fare !”
Review of El Nido

El Nido
Ranked #10 of 158 Restaurants in Rosarito
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Tucson, Arizona
“Great eating place with true Mexican home fare !”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This restaurant in the heart of downtown Rosarito has an indoor atmosphere of a small oasis with trees and high ceilings aplenty ! We ate breakfast with a pitcher of fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh Mexican coffee, tons of pancakes, eggs and bacon with fresh homemade tortillas. The four of us ate for under $40. This is one of the best places to eat in Rosarito Beach for sure!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Cherie M

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Authentic Mexican Food”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We asked our front desk staff where we could walk to eat dinner (we stayed at Rosarito Beach Hotel). She recommended one near the entrance to the hotel or El Nido. We walked to the one by the entrance to the hotel around dinnertime but it was closed. And I am SO glad it was because otherwise we might not have walked to El Nido! You can smell the wood fire that they roast all of their meat on a couple of blocks before you ever see the restaurant and it smells soooo good. The moment I saw the menu my mouth was watering. To begin with we ordered the garlic sauteed quail and then for dinner some venison burritos and machaca. Everything was so delicious and savory. I was so excited to see that they had a breakfast menu as well. The ambiance was incredible--it was like you were in a peaceful oasis in a tropical locale. The decor is whimsical and romantic and it was easy to converse over the pleasant Mexican folk music in the background.

We came back for breakfast the next day and enjoyed AMAZING chilaquiles with machaca, over easy quail eggs, and chorizo burritos. They came with potato cakes and refried beans as well. There is a lady in the corner by a cast iron stove making fresh tortillas that are absolutely delectable. I adore chilaquiles and I was delighted with the opportunity to enjoy a traditional Mexican breakfast. All in all we came and ate here four times during our trip (twice for breakfast and twice for dinner).

The drinks are also amazing. The mango margarita is made with real mango (I know because I got a couple of chunks at the bottom of mine) and it is delicious. They also have their own wine which I did not try but it comes from vineyards in Baja California, and I was impressed with the quality of wines from that region when I visited earlier in the trip.

I'm honestly surprised this place isn't ranked higher on TripAdvisor. One of the coolest aspects to me is that the restaurant gets all of the quail and venison from their own free-range farm. They also grow all of the food that the animals are fed and roast the meat over wood from their property. So you are eating pretty much the highest quality food available anywhere but people are complaining about the price? I am happy to support this restaurant and their responsible farming. Yes, it might be a bit pricy by Mexican standards but give me a break--this is excellent quality food and you would never get prices like this in the U.S. for farm-to-table food!

I really hope that this place sticks around because I would love to come back for a visit sometime whenever I make it down there again.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank caseyh06
San Diego, California
“Awesome looking place”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Food is average the location and interior are really nice. The deer tacos were good. Everything else was okay.

• Visited September 2013
carlsbad, ca
“Great food”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We remembered how good El Nido was when we had eaten there before so we wanted to go back. It was just as good as we remembered. The steaks were awesome. Best mojito too!

Visited April 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was my favorite restaurant in Rosarito for the longest time. However, on this last trip I was not happy to see that the prices have gone up and the quality of the food has gone down.

Visited April 2014