“Amazing Wild Game at El Nido”
Review of El Nido

El Nido
Ranked #10 of 166 Restaurants in Rosarito
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We've dined here many times. This is one of our favorite restaurants as we drive down to our Rancho Packard house. El Nido has ranches east of the coast in the foothills where they raise wild game, harvest wild game and supply this restaurant with amazing menu items. If you're a McDonalds kinda eater, DON'T VISIT THIS PLACE.
If you're a FOODIE and you enjoy a varied and unusual menu items along with the standard FARE, Visit this Restaurant. You can enjoy Venison or Quail Egg Omeletes or Wild Boar or Fresh from the Sea. This place also has amaxing Benito Juarex Ambiance as Mexico was back in the teens and twenties. I really enjoy dining here.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My score of four stars is 3 for dinner and 5 for breakfast. Breakfast was great, dinner was ok, huge portions. I wouldn't hesitate to go there again. Especially nice if your staying at the Rosarito beach hotel only 3 block walk. Atmosphere is nice with the fireplaces throughout the restuarant.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Ordered a steak, was not good , bad cut and way under cooked, the glass of wine they brought out had lipstick from previous user, this place was really bad

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I recently visited Roserito and stumbled upon this restaurant. I love a great atmosphere and this place was great! We sat in the back part which is partly outside but covered with lots of greenery and a waterfall. There are wood fire pits throughout which make it real cozy and the whole made tortillas are amazing! I wanted Steak but my husband said in Mexico I should eat Mexican so I did and it was great but after reading the other reviews I wish I had got the steak because how often do you get to have a delicious steak dinner for only $18 and after all is is a steak restaurant. Staff was very friendly. The place was empty like most of Roserito, very sad because of all the talk of violence. I felt safe everywhere around there but wouldn't suggest going parting with all your girlfriends, having a man with you is good but otherwise it seemed fine.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

It is always a delight to go to El NIdo when visiting Baja. The place is a botanical wonder. Be sure to ask for the secret patio...dripping with grape vines, water spilling out of old cauldrons and a central fire. There are wicker umbrellas hanging askew over the tables. A tortilla lady stands off to the side, forming delicious spheres of dough. The long time owners have a ranch where they raise their animals. The steaks are juicy. You just feel like you are dining in paradise. About a 3 block walk from Rosarito Beach Hotel and right next to the arcade of stalls featuring Mexican flotsam and jetsam, where the best Day of the Dead artist is. He can create anything. My friend purchased the photographer skeleton, but it did not have hair. He cut some strands from a serape and wallah!

I know they have another restaurant down on the beach that is also supposed to be amazing. Will try that next time. Only there overnight delivering a wedding cake and only had one chance to eat out...did not want to forsake my favorite El Nido!

1  Thank Lauralovesdogs