“food is sub par, overpriced, better places”
Review of El Nido

El Nido
Ranked #9 of 169 Restaurants in Rosarito
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I just don't really see the draw to the place - better places are out there (estancia), its overpriced which makes other restaurants more appealing (susanna, cousteau), food isnt even that great. Probably just the easiest thing for a first timer to spot since their location is great.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Fillet mignon was unbelievable, but pricey. but worth it. Charbroiled perfection. They own their own ranch and keep their own cattle.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

After having breakfast at La Estancia, we drove around Rosarito and found El Nido at Lunch time. We stopped and realized the two places are very similar. I had a Filet Mignon, which was really good. I had the best carrot cake and the best pastel de arroz con leche ever in this restaurant!!! I will definitely recommed visiting this restaurant.

I love their family atmosphere.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This rustically decorated restaurant lives up to it's name: Nido or "nest". It's cozy dark with the delicious aroma of mesquite. The food is superb. Don't miss the quail or any of the fine steaks offered.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Nice enough surroundings. Really nice, actually. Outdoor patio out back. I had the Sea Bass sauteed with garlic. Small portion of fish plopped onto a plate with a baked potato. Totally Forgettable. Flan was blah. $6 house margaritas. The two of us were WAY happier spending $30 at Splash then we were spending $70 at El Nido. IT really seems like the "chef" at El Nido is just phoning it in. Walking out I noticed they only have one hot sauce, Tapatio, and ketchup. That says it all. The only saving grace is the lady in the corner making tortillas, but that is not enough to save this place. El Nido, perhaps I was there in mid-afternoon and the "chef" was on a break. I don't know. The waiters were good. We were one of only about three parties in the restaurant this afternoon, and we got good service. If you wish you were back home in the US, you might like this place I suppose.