“Nice family getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Paloma

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rosarito
La Paloma
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Rosarito
Anaheim, California
“Nice family getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

My family and I stayed here during Easter week . The place we stayed had a well equipped full kitchen .The pool was in the front door . I was so surprise how much security there is and how well maintained La Paloma is.The gym was small not to much machines that will be my only gripe.However you could ran on the beach the place has steps that go directly to the sand.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jxperez1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

This entirely self enclosed resort is situated directly on the baja coastline about 1/3 mi from Rosarito Beach Hotel. It was surreal to jog each morning on the bluffs overlooking a dramatic shoreline. There are two clubhouses in the cliffs that are used for resident parties. A shame one of them was not utilized as a cafe. The resort is well managed and well maintained. Rooms are functionally laid out, attractive and comfortable. Only reason not to rate five stars is the twin beds in the kids room and pillows were quite lumpy and towels were scratchy. To use the tennis courts it is required to leave your drivers license as a deposit. If we are a registrered guest why is this necessary?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Melanie69
Escondido, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

I have been visiting Rosarito Beach for over 25 years and have always used my parents timeshare through World International Vacation Club at La Paloma.

La Paloma is a gated community that has condominiums that are privately owned and that are timeshares. Two timeshare companies have properties there - they are WIVC and Worldmark. Of the privately owned condos, some are lived in year round by the owners, some are used as vacation homes and some are used as vacation rentals by the owners. I've never rented from a private owner, so I can only attest to the experiences I've had using the WIVC units.

There are one and two bedroom units. These are FULL condominiums, not hotel rooms. The units managed by WIVC have always been EXTREMELY clean. On this visit, I was once again impressed by what an awesome job the cleaning staff do. The maintenance on the property overall is fantastic. The condos are in a beautiful garden setting, maintained by 14 gardeners/landscapers. There are now four pools and jacuzzis and tennis courts in two sections of the property. The property includes a clubhouse, with pool tables, free WiFi, horseshoe pits, a small gym, sauna, and a masseuse on staff with reasonable prices. I did not have a massage by Eva this visit. I had one years ago and do not remember the name of the person who did it at that time, but I didn't love it, so I can't attest to the current massages, but people were raving about them. There is also a small playground for the children.

The beach is accessed from the property by stairs down the cliff on both the north and south end of the property. There are also two viewpoints/clubhouse type buildings next to each set of steps to the beach. The one on the south end, Ballena, is smaller than that on the north end, Delfin. These can be used by anyone on a first come first served basis. They are also nice places just to kick back and watch the ocean and WiFi is accessible there as well. Unfortunately, for those who want it, WiFi is not normally accessible in the rooms unless you happen to be in one that has a sight line to the main clubhouse.

There is security that roves the property 24 hours per day and as previously mentioned, there is a gate one must come through to get into the property from the road. They take security VERY seriously.

There are two things that are just a bit of a bummer. One is that each unit only gets one parking space, even the two bedroom units, so if you come in more than one vehicle, you usually have to park one of the cars outside the gate if there are no visitor spots available - which, I didn't see any on this visit. The second thing is that in a WIVC two bedroom unit, the second bedroom has two twin beds, so if you visit as two couples, the second couple would either have to sleep separately or sleep on the couch bed in the living room.

What I love is the full kitchen, with everything you need. I love how clean everything is and having cleaning service every day. That is definitely a treat. There is no air conditioner, but there is forced air heating if it gets cold and forced air fan to keep the air moving. Also, the WIVC units do have stand up fans in each bedroom and truly with the sliding door and bedroom window open, that is about all you need. The weather is so wonderful. My experience has been the mornings are cool and overcast with the sun coming out in the afternoon.

If you will be staying here, you may want to consider bringing your own DVD player and DVDs. The units have different types of televisions, so connectors might be different. We brought a Blu Ray player and the connector did not work on our TV, but it did work on the one in my mom and dad's unit. They do have DVD players you can borrow from the office and probably some movies, so there is also that option. The units have cable tv with plenty of channels. The channels are both in Spanish and English, so you should be able to fins something entertaining to watch if you like to do that at night. Each room also usually has a few books in case you forget your beach read.

Clearly, not being a hotel visit, I can't attest to the cost per se, but I know that the WIVC memberships and maintenance fees are VERY reasonable for time shares. I'm considering looking into what the rentals are from private owners because I've only been home a day and I'm dying to go back! We did do a real estate tour and one can actually purchase a unit at a fairly reasonably right now. They range from about $100,000 - $250,000.

They also have a restaurant on the property. The restaurant even delivers. We ate there once and the food was mostly good. They steak was surprisingly very good, they were flexible with the menu items, but they were out of some menu items, like shrimp. My husband raved about the fajitas, but my enchiladas were not so great. The menu is small and the prices are average, but they do make great guacamole.

I know this is a lot of information, but I wanted to be thorough. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about La Paloma. As you can tell I love it there. I can't imagine staying anywhere else while in Baja. I highly recommend La Paloma if you have the opportunity to visit there. And, for those worried about Mexico... we felt very safe. I'm just sad to see how people have stopped coming to Rosarito - it's sad to see the businesses that have closed due to the tourists being afraid. I hope that comes to an end soon, because Rosarito Beach is a great place for a relaxing vacation!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
12 Thank ladyjadegd
Calexico, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

Our family rented 3 condos and we were harrassed contnously thru out our whole stay. we were micromanged by the satff unecessarly. Do NOT GO THERE. We followed the strict rules and it was still not enough. we had problems since the minute we got there by the female gate-guard.They were very indignant She told us that we were over occupancy and doing us a favor allonwing us when we had 3 pre-registered infants The total staff was unfriendly and never courteous, never kind word or smile.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank Leticia R
Ontario, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

I have been coming to la paloma for years!
My family feels very safe here, the only people that are aloud in the resort are the people that are staying there, we like it that way! No big drinking parties if you want that don't come here please!!!!! Pools are very clean, and workers are friendly. Condos are very nice and clean. Great family resort!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank Mesuperbrat
Mexicali, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

we had an unforgettable vacation, because we live really great moments in La Paloma, the people who works there showed interest for the satisfied of the clients, the rooms are pretty, I really loved the view of the beach, the pools, the big space for walking & hang out.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank AndreaGGalaz
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

If you can rent a condo from one of the owners, you will not be disappointed. It is a safe sanctuary away from downtown, while still very close to all of the action. The gated community is well-maintained and has several pools, tennis courts, jacuzzis, game rooms, etc.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DestinationLAX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Inn
#8 of 16 in Rosarito
Pueblito Inn
Pueblito Inn
#12 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to La Paloma? Share your experiences!