“STAY AWAY, ITS A GHETTO!”

Posada Don Luis Hotel
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Rosarito
Reviewed August 10, 2013

What a dump, even for Mexican standards and I have stayed in many different hotels here in the Rosarito Beach area. Arrived 8/10/13 at 2:45 p.m., they don't have my reservation from this site. Then the rate for 2 days is $163.00 U.S., tried to pay and no Visa machine. Get to the room after walking through this ghetto and NO AIRCONDITIONING! The poor employee at the front desk felt bad and told me not a singled A/C works in any of the room- they advertise they have A/C. Oh, HOT TUB = COLD TUB! The heater has been broken for 5 years per the maid. Get to the room and see the A/C in the wall but can see the outside so no seals. Use the toilet and water is dripping through the light fixture. It' customary to be given 2 bottles of water, not here. BRING YOU OWN FACECLOTH or what ever to scrub, it's not a Mexican custom to use face clothes. Refrigerator and microwave, both do not work.
In closing, spend the money and stay at in the Pacific Towers for the Rosarito Beach Hotel, you won't regret it. That's where I will always stay for now on. Hope this helps!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Al S

Reviewed July 31, 2013

So I had to go to Rosarito for medical reasons, and when making the reservation, the operator advised it was a busy weekend because of the anniversary of Papas & Beer, apparently one of the largest nightclubs in town. All hotels were sold out and I decided to book this hotel after a friend of mine recommended it (she is a Rosarito local) and also after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor.
To make the story short, it was a big disappointment. The property is very run down and there was dirt everywhere. There were glass bottles of beer piled up in one of the gardens, lots of garbage and dirt everywhere. Seems like the hotel managers do not care about their clients for having the property in such conditions. They gave us a large room and when we were ready to go to bed, we found a piece of toilet paper stained with blood in the closet, a bag of chips and garbage next to the sink. We went up to the front desk and the lady that helped us clean the mess seemed surprised to have found that.
The following morning, we switched rooms to a suite with only one bed, which was way nicer than the first one. We were going to pay $10 additional, but the nice guy in the front desk offered the upgrade without a charge.
The hotel personnel is very nice and helpful, but the property does not live up to their personnel's attention. I'm not sure if I will go back to stay in this hotel for obvious reasons, because for the price we paid per night, we could've stayed at the Holiday Inn in Tijuana and enjoyed a much nicer stay.
Hope the hotel management does something about this property, they can't have such mess in the gardens as if they don't have, as the garden looks like a dumpster. Their location is excellent, but please Hotel Manager, do something to help the property look better!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dreamer8313
Reviewed January 9, 2013

When we checked into our room it was very clean, left for dinner, came back we had no ELECTRICITY in our room. Went to the front desk, told the lady at the front desk, she did not seem very concerned, she wanted to send us to another hotel/motel that they own. I said NO! The second room that we moved to, had no running water and the ELECTRICITY went out. We were in complete darkness. We had to use smartphone as flashlight. Went to the front desk again, the woman at the front desk said, "someone is already working on the problem, give it a few minutes, and if it's not fixed, come back". Electricity came back after a few minutes, we had NO WATER the rest of the night. I was very upset, went to sleep, luckily when we woke up, the water was working, was able to take hot shower.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Amelia V
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stumbled upon this place as we rode down the main street of Rosarito the day we arrived in Mexico.

It was part of our year-long cycling journey around the world... the lady on reception was so professional and spoke such great English that we spent a bit of time just chatting to her.

She offered us a modern room at the front of the building, but there was a bar right there so we opted for an older room a long way back from the road.

The room was HUGE (which was great since we had bikes) and quite clean (esp by Mexican standards). It had a small fridge and a TV with English channels.

The place was as quiet as you can expect in Mexico, and many times after this we remembered fondly our first night in Mexico...

Room Tip: Ask for a place at the back if you want to be away from the noise
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Dave Z
Reviewed January 25, 2011

This is the second time I stayed here. The first time was in one of the rooms close to the entrence probaby room 3 or 4 that was ok the one thing I loved about it was the parking. This second time I went was with my husband for our 12th year anniversary and I wanted something romantic and cozy, thats exactly what i got at this place. We stayed in room 33 I love it!! There was not alot going on at this time so it was quiet and we practiclly had the whole place to ourselves. One thing that I was not happy about was that on the second day of our stay there was no power and no water!! No one called or bothered to come by to ask if we needed anything the good thing was that we were leaving that day so no big deal. I would definately go back!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank missveronica99
Reviewed March 2, 2010

perfect place period....harder than hell to submit this review...I have been bringing my family here for more than 20 years and the only problem I have ever experienced is being required to write a lengthy review for what is quite simply a good place with a good price...and the reviewer who found it was not close to the beach must not have crossed the street to the beach!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank snapp
Reviewed February 24, 2010

I stayed here a while back for a friend's wedding. The hotel was very clean and the pool was even cleaner! We saw them out there cleaning it everyday & if you got in, the chlorine smell was with you for hours. The price was good and the location was convenient - the Rosarito Beach hotel was only about a 5 minute cab ride down the street. That is where all the big bars and clubs are too. The restaurant next door is pretty tasty too. The staff inside was very friendly and nice. They also hooked us up with a good priced cab ride back to the border.
The only complaint that I had was that they were doing construction on some of the rooms and it was a bit noisy at times. Very tolerable.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NorCal314
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Beach Hotel
Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel & Villas
City Express Rosarito
City Express Rosarito
#10 of 14 in Rosarito

Been to Posada Don Luis Hotel? Share your experiences!