“Very nice hotel and a happy ending!”
Review of Califia Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rosarito
Califia Hotel
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Rosarito
Carlsbad, California
“Very nice hotel and a happy ending!”
Reviewed May 15, 2005

We just got back from a night at the Calafia (it was supposed to be two nights). The hotel and grounds are lovely, our room was clean but spartan, and the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The only gripe we had, and the reason we left a night early, was that the pool, jacuzzi and disco/bar weren't yet open - the hotel's website makes it appear that everything is operating at all times, yet it was not the case when we got there. The restaurant and breakfast buffet were great and the views and crashing surf were beautiful. We were happy to receive a voucher for a free night in the future when we checked out (we explained that it was a birthday celebration and we were hoping to have the pool and bar open...) - I'd definately go back during the summer. Great spot!

• Stayed May 2005
6 Thank carbuk

Reviewed August 31, 2004

I loved the hotel beautiful views, and gardens. Basic room but the view and food was excellent. Can't wait to get back this fall

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 19, 2004

Hello all. Beware of unscrupulous hotel employees at this hotel. I was promised that my necklace, which they HAD found, would be mailed to me. I was then informed that said necklace had been stolen and that I would be compensated. I dealt with an individual whom I thought was sincere. Needless to say, I have yet to receive any compensation even after this individual promised...even took down my address and phone. I even had my dear friend from Tecate actually visit the hotel to inquire. He was told that this jewelry was stolen. By then even I hadn't been told this news. The hotel is beautiful. Several employees are not. Yeah, I know it's Mexico. But come on, the necklace was described to me as if he was holding it right in front of him. I'm not angry, simply disappointed. For such a Catholic country, even. Hey, mistakes happen. Just make sure you double and triple check when you check out of this hotel. If anyone knows the owner/president of the Califia, please let me know. Thanks and try camping. Even THAT sounds safer.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Rosarito hotels

Reviewed July 15, 2004

I stayed in the Calafia Hotel on account of a wedding. The wedding was beautifullly done on a balcony overlooking the waves crashing against the rocks. Unfortunately, the rooms were a total dissapointment. They have obviously not kept up with the maintanance, very uncomfortable stay- ants problem, no privacy between restroom and bedroom, asked for sheets and given old ripped rags. Although my room was overlooking the ocean I could not help think why they hadn't thought about maintaining the rooms.

Great for weddings, not for staying overnight!

• Stayed July 2004
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
LosAngeles, Calif.
Reviewed March 24, 2004

This is the most money that I have ever spent on a hotel room so I was really expecting something a little bit nicer...Our room had no closet, hooks or anyplace to hang your clothes, the rooms also did not have any air conditioning or heat which I am sure would be needed in the winter months. I certainly could have used some heat in March. Our room at least had a phone but our friends room didn't have one. Since we were staying Sunday night the desk clerk asked us if we would like an oceanview room for our remaining nite at the special rate of $45, we jumped at the chance. He said that it would take about 15 minutes. In 20 minutes the room still wasn't ready and he said to come back in 11/2hours. we couldn't wait but told him that we would empty out our rooms(since nothing had been unpacked) and get our new room later in the day. When we got back I was told that we could not have an oceanview room and no explanation was given(the desk clerk is now experiencing some language difficulties) We now go back to our old cold closetless, phoneless rooms only to find out that at 5:30p.m. one of the rooms had still not been cleaned.

7 Thank Deb B
Reviewed November 26, 2003

This little hotel is a wonderful get away. It was only $45.00 a night for an ocean view room. The room was clean and the King size bed was comfortable. We left the window open all night so we could hear the ocean, we slept great! The food and service is also wonderful.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 23, 2003

Calafia is a perfect little get away nice and quiet, romantic but not far from the strip ! i had a wonderful time while i was here !

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel & Villas
#7 of 16 in Rosarito
Pueblito Inn
Pueblito Inn
#10 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to Califia Hotel? Share your experiences!