“Unkept promises”
Review of Califia Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rosarito
Califia Hotel
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Rosarito
Santa Monica, Ca
Reviewed July 19, 2004

Hello all. Beware of unscrupulous hotel employees at this hotel. I was promised that my necklace, which they HAD found, would be mailed to me. I was then informed that said necklace had been stolen and that I would be compensated. I dealt with an individual whom I thought was sincere. Needless to say, I have yet to receive any compensation even after this individual promised...even took down my address and phone. I even had my dear friend from Tecate actually visit the hotel to inquire. He was told that this jewelry was stolen. By then even I hadn't been told this news. The hotel is beautiful. Several employees are not. Yeah, I know it's Mexico. But come on, the necklace was described to me as if he was holding it right in front of him. I'm not angry, simply disappointed. For such a Catholic country, even. Hey, mistakes happen. Just make sure you double and triple check when you check out of this hotel. If anyone knows the owner/president of the Califia, please let me know. Thanks and try camping. Even THAT sounds safer.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Califia Hotel

Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed July 15, 2004

I stayed in the Calafia Hotel on account of a wedding. The wedding was beautifullly done on a balcony overlooking the waves crashing against the rocks. Unfortunately, the rooms were a total dissapointment. They have obviously not kept up with the maintanance, very uncomfortable stay- ants problem, no privacy between restroom and bedroom, asked for sheets and given old ripped rags. Although my room was overlooking the ocean I could not help think why they hadn't thought about maintaining the rooms.

Great for weddings, not for staying overnight!

• Stayed: July 2004
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 24, 2004

This is the most money that I have ever spent on a hotel room so I was really expecting something a little bit nicer...Our room had no closet, hooks or anyplace to hang your clothes, the rooms also did not have any air conditioning or heat which I am sure would be needed in the winter months. I certainly could have used some heat in March. Our room at least had a phone but our friends room didn't have one. Since we were staying Sunday night the desk clerk asked us if we would like an oceanview room for our remaining nite at the special rate of $45, we jumped at the chance. He said that it would take about 15 minutes. In 20 minutes the room still wasn't ready and he said to come back in 11/2hours. we couldn't wait but told him that we would empty out our rooms(since nothing had been unpacked) and get our new room later in the day. When we got back I was told that we could not have an oceanview room and no explanation was given(the desk clerk is now experiencing some language difficulties) We now go back to our old cold closetless, phoneless rooms only to find out that at 5:30p.m. one of the rooms had still not been cleaned.

7  Thank Deb B
Scappoose, Oregon
Reviewed November 26, 2003

This little hotel is a wonderful get away. It was only $45.00 a night for an ocean view room. The room was clean and the King size bed was comfortable. We left the window open all night so we could hear the ocean, we slept great! The food and service is also wonderful.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
santa ana, ca
Reviewed November 23, 2003

Calafia is a perfect little get away nice and quiet, romantic but not far from the strip ! i had a wonderful time while i was here !

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
millbrae, california
Reviewed October 14, 2003

we stayed in an ocean view room and it was wonderful to listen to the ocean at night . what a place to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary very romantic dinner was great and the people that work there were very friendly and helpful. rooms are very rustic and old could use a little upgrading but the athmosphere was beautiful

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 19, 2003

We love the Califia. The location is ideal - right on the cliff overlooking the Pacific. The old mission influence makes the place peaceful and historic. The food is inexpensive, safe and good. You can sleep with the waves breaking right under your balcony if you choose.
You can't beat it for price, location and a sense of being away from it all. The staff is great.

7  Thank Traveler854
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Beach Hotel
#9 of 15 in Rosarito
Rosarito Inn
Rosarito Inn
#4 of 15 in Rosarito

Been to Califia Hotel? Share your experiences!