“Highlight of Baja stay! Family horseback ride.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of All the Pretty Horses of Baja - Rescue and Rides

All the Pretty Horses of Baja - Rescue and Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer horseback rides just south of Rosarito, Baja Mexico. Don’t let little riding experience hold you back from enjoying a part of Baja most don’t know about. All trails are easy and enjoyable All ages. Groups or Single rides. Please give 24 hour notice. We are open all year and holidays! 100% of the funds go toward helping horses in need here in Mexico come help support our rescue horses and enjoy a wonderful ride. RESEVATIONS only.
Miami, FL
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Highlight of Baja stay! Family horseback ride.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Unusual chance to see the back hill country of Baja, on horseback. Our family, including grandparents, an 8 year old and 11 year old and their father, loved this experience. The horses are gentle, well-mannered, and the group is led on a leisurely trip on trails through the hills and valleys, well beyond what most tourists see from the coastal roads.
The founders of All the Pretty Horses, Krystal and Randy, accompanied us, along with other "regulars" from the area, making sure we were all comfortable and secure the whole time. Our grandson thought that the wild horses we saw and who seemed to take an interest in us as we rode by, were the most exciting part of the day. It is a great cause - rescuing abused or abandoned horses and training them - and something one can feel good about supporting, at the same time having a wonderful experience to remember always. I would enthusiastically recommend this beautiful ride to anyone looking for something a little different, and certainly to anyone who loves animals. (The varied group of dogs accompanying our group also lent to the fun atmosphere - they were clearly having such a good time, leading the way.)

Visited November 2013
1 Thank JBS64

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Too amazing to not consider this....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I'm not a horsewoman, by any means. Its been 30 years since I stepped into the stirrups (OB-GYNs not withstanding) and by all means, such an incredible experience! Krystal stated it easily and succinctly -- "Its my passion" -- and the horses, the dogs, the ranch, the experience with two honest and loving individuals (she and her husband Randy are the nicest people I've met in so many years!). Her passion exudes in the charm that she imparts to everyone -- from the ranchhands, to the dogs, to the horses themselves. I've never met a person who has such a wonderful energy that touches everything she encounters. They've recently moved their horse ranch to a much better place -- and I guess I was the first person to ride with them on their program. How lucky am I? The riding experience was perfectly tailored to my middle aged flabbiness, my incessant questions (were those "wild dogs" going to attack our horses?") turns out the dogs are their ranch dogs and were just running up and down a few hills, and of course, I didn't in my menopausal fog remember them from the start. The dogs and I became fast friends, the horse Krystal mounted me on was her first rescue (Ms. Bones, thank you for being so kind with me) and her husband and guide were so kind on my very first ride since I was in college and borrowed my uncles horses for a forbidden ride into a public park. The lunch they provided was so delicious, the friends they introduced me to accepted me with such kindness, and the dueno of the ranch himself was such a wonderful and lovely man. Krystal and Randy, you were my heroes today. You accepted my silences (I'm going through a devastating divorce) and still introduced me to the folks on your ranch as your friend. I truly hope I can live up to that moniker. I know I will be coming back, maybe to live, maybe to vacation, but mostly to have a place to go where I feel I'm loved, accepted, and in an energy zone where two people, and their horses, live to give an experience of such kindness and acceptance. I know they are looking for sponsors for their horses -- they had 17 today -- and they're doing such great work. I would encourage anyone with a love for horses and what these folks are doing to go there, see their work, and help support them in any way possible. It was a life altering experience for me today. I hope everyone has this opportunity to meet them and see what they're doing to help the horses of Baja. And, help the souls of Orange County by just being themselves.

Visited September 2013
7 Thank Julie S
Ontario, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unbelievable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

A truly unbelievable experience for such a wonderful cause. I knew it was going to be a great day when Randy met us saying "you must be here for the ride..you look like fun people!" After 35 years since last riding a horse, Krsytal, Randy and their warm welcoming staff made it seem like yesterday. The horses were so calm and friendly, the scenery truly amazing and the wine and appetizers delicious. Seeing and feeding carrots to all the rescued horses was an additional bonus to the day. I would highly recommend this to anyone/any age. The worst part of the day was when it came to an end. We want to do it again!!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank KBscows
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The wine & ride was one of my best experiences in a long time. The group of around 14 people, mostly novice riders, had the time of their lives, with an easy but spectacular ride full of breathtaking views, 3 lovely breaks to enjoy wonderful local wines and tasty treats like local olive oil, rosemary bead, chipotle apple jam and herb cheese. The day ended with a BBQ, live music and with a visit from Milagro who was born just the week before. And the best part is that we helped support this important cause, to help rescue these magnificent horses who deserve only the best care.

Visited May 2013
5 Thank Diane K
San Diego, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Scenery, Genuine People, Awesome Cause”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had a great time riding with the owner Randy and my horse Xena, The Warrior Pony. She was a very sweet and easy to ride mare. The fact she had been rescued from starvation makes the entire experience heart warming....

The views were fantastic and since there were a few last minute cancellations I was actually the only person on the tour. Randy didn't seem bothered by the fact he only had one guest and he showed me a great time even though the turnout wasnt great....

People really need to know about this group... Their wine tasting and horseback riding is next on my list.

I was in Rosarito to have a relaxing time by myself and was hoping to meet some nice people.... Randy and I had a great opportunity to get to know each other and I was blessed to have the opportunity to hang out with a few others who frequent the Macias Ranch.

This group of people is unlike any I have had the privilege to meet before. They have one common calling, which is compassion for horses. They really embrace the spirit of Baja and were even kind enough to invite me to dinner after the ride. (Splash Restaurante was great too!)

At dinner I met Krystal, Randys wife and the other owner of the tour. She was fantastic and had brought a few friends along. I plan on going again and again.

This was a travel story I will tell for the rest of my life..

GO!