“Great food and staff”

Tapanco
Ranked #9 of 200 Restaurants in Rosarito
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It is the sister restaurant of El Nido and Los Pelicanos in Rosarito Beach
Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

I have a lot to say about Tapanco but I’ll try not to blab too much. It’s a couple miles south of the Rosarito tourist zone. We came for lunch at sat inside due to weather, but the outside dining looks beautiful. The army of staff here are super friendly and efficient, and I could see two women chefs which is a nice surprise. The decor is funky and pleasing. A lot of the menu is cooked over real wood fires and the salsa and steaks have a great smoky taste. I had venison machaca, and it was so good I’m now ruined for San Diego machaca. My wife had carne asada which was amazing. Tapanco will be one of my regular places from now on.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times for breakfast and lunch. For Rosarito being a tourist area it is amazing how many crappy restaurants and few decent places.

This is my got to place for quality food and great service. Breakfast are done to your likkng snd lunches are good. Meats seem to be their specialty as the rib eye is my fave for being so tender. Outside sitting is tropical and comfortable.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

I just love this place food and service is just incredible... the place is beautiful, fast and great price

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Tampco is a very interesting architecture inside. Great salad make your own set up. Your sausa Fresca made table side. Your meats are cooked over wood. Great fried cheese/chorizo appetizer with chips or tortilla. It is owned by Lupe’s brother who owns El Nido and Pelicanos restaurant and hotel

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank rkuntz123
Reviewed August 24, 2018

We were recommended by our Airbnb host to check out this spot, and it did not disappoint! We came here on our first night in Rosarito to celebrate a birthday. We were seated quickly, and got margaritas to start off the night (on the rocks & blended). Complimentary chips and salsa were some of the best we've had - the chips were a little burnt but very tasty, almost like pita chips. We got guac, but I'd recommend skipping it, it's a little bland. The steak fajitas and seafood platters were delicious; came with a surprisingly delicious and light poblano chili soup and a salad buffet that was average. The tortillas that came with the fajitas were incredible - soft and freshly baked. We got the oreo cheesecake for the birthday girl, definitely a great way to end the night!

Date of visit: August 2018