“Why not?”

Tapanco
Ranked #5 of 169 Restaurants in Rosarito
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It is the sister restaurant of El Nido and Los Pelicanos in Rosarito Beach
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This restaurant is one of my favorite places. I love the table by the tree in the patio. I have taken many people on business reasons as well as pleasure. The breakfast, lunch and dinner is always a pleasant escape for me. The food is excellent and service is such that the people make me feel like a VIP every time I go. The lady making the tortillas is a master with a smile. She make me know what people need to see when I am working with my clients. She has taught me the importance of a smile. I will eat at this lovely place many times as I think, where will I eat today. Thank you Tapanco, you deserve the best success!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The decor feels like you are in a Mexican woodlands. Fresh tortillas are being prepared in the center of the restaurant. A mini salad bar and great sauces come with your meal. Our server was adorable. Great meal!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Tapanco is located south of town, with easy access parking and great service and guard watch.
The ower also owns El Nido; however, we find the service and prices to be better here. The quality of the food is excellent with a choice of interior romantic, or patio kick back, one of our favorites in town.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Have tried Tapanco three times because it is a very popular restaurant -- however, i can't see why. It is an interesting facility but have found the food and service to be mediocre at best.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The first week of January, my husband and I made a reservation for Valentine's Day. We wanted to ensure we would have a table and had not yet been to this restaurant. We thought it would be a great choice from other reviews! The day of our reservation, the restaurant called us to confirm, which we did. We arrived promptly at 8:00 PM (our reservation time).

There was a line of about 15 people crammed into the very tiny narrow corridor they use for waiting room/entry/exit/cashier station (no seats, just standing). We were then told that the restaurant got busy so they didn't bother to reserve our table, however we would be given priority seating since we made a reservation!

20 minutes later, they took 3 other walk in couples to be seated - not us. After 45 minutes of waiting, we had had it! We called another restaurant, reserved a table, and left.

Clearly, if a restaurant accepts reservations, they should honor them, especially when they confirm that reservation the day of!!! Absolutely worst experience ever with customer service. We will never go back to this restaurant, ever!

2  Thank Dacia M
julia528, Owner at Tapanco, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

sory you had a bad experience! we are surprised to hear that you did not get to eat because we had over 100 reservations and everybody left happy! We have a big coffe house with tv sofas and lounge and because it was a special ocation we had free drinks! maybe it was a missunderstanding we invite yoy tu come again and actually stay and eat with us!