“Wonderful salsa made-to-order in a molcajete”
Review of Tapanco

Tapanco
Ranked #5 of 164 Restaurants in Rosarito
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It is the sister restaurant of El Nido and Los Pelicanos in Rosarito Beach
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have visited this restaurant nearly a dozen times. This is my first choice where to bring visitors to when passing through Rosarito. From the outside the building looks a little rustic as there is much exposed, rough timber. Inside the restaurant, the decor is very clean and has a traditional Mexican feel. They have a nice patio with a small waterfall that is pleasant to sit in as well. If the place is busy, they may offer seating upstairs which personally I do not like. This is due to the narrow staircase. The only benefit of sitting upstairs is you do have a view of the ocean. For myself the ambience downstairs is better. The majority of the staff speaks English very well in the menus are both in Spanish and in English.

I've been there primarily for dinner and one time for breakfast. And I have never been disappointed on any of my visits. I favorite dish is the Carly Asada steak. The portions are very filling as the meals also come with a wonderful build-your-own salad with several dressing options. I also enjoy the made-to-order salsa prepared in a molcajete. I have also been told that the rabbit was excellent if that is something you are interested in. They also prepare tortillas made right in the middle of the restaurant in their fireplace. These are excellent when they're brought right to your table.

Definitely a worthwhile stop if you're passing through Rosarito.

1  Thank FatSherpa
There are newer reviews for Tapanco

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our first time at Topanco was pleasant. The service was super friendly and very attentive and the food was perfectly prepared, hot, and very flavorful. My husband ordered the combo plate of venison, quail and lamb and he practically cleaned his plate. I played it safe and ordered a filet migon which was cooked perfectly and seasoned just right. Everything we ordered was really good. I'm actually surprised by the reviews that have been left by others. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank denise g
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Ate at Tapanco in Rosarito, MX a couple nights ago. Did not feel well after eating and four hours later had major stomach problems which lasted 24 hours. After the 24 hours, felt weak and lethargic but, at least, stomach problems resolved. Family member also suffered similar symptoms although not as severe.

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Amazing soups, salads and there is nothing that beats the fish special - wrapped in foil and steamed with fresh vegetables. Friendly English speaking staff

1  Thank KBscows
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stopped by for lunch...bean soup was delicious! Ordered chilli rellanos, breading slid right off the chillis... definitely a steak place,
and probably really good ( too early for dinner)