“Awesome place!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Darling restaurant tucked down an alley toward the beach. Find it! It's well worth it and by the way the locals fill up the place for lunch, you know it's good. Sit out on the balconey. The views are awesome and the food is good, plus the decor is unique and really fun.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Normal Mexican Cuisine, not bad not amazing a nice ambiance to go for dinner. Better if the weather is nice and you can enjoy the outdoor deck. Night time ambiance is nice with ocean front local. Skip breakfast here it leaves much to be desired.
Friendly service is a plus.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I've stayed here several times over the past few years. 30 - 40 minutes south of the border. Always a good experience and the price is right. Large rooms with a balcony overlooking the beach. Quiet. Secure parking with a security guard that looks after the place.

I love getting up in the morning and having quail eggs and machaca for breakfast, with cinnamon coffee brewed in an old black kettle that looks 100 years old. They say all their meat comes from their organic free-range ranch just inland. Beef, deer, quail, chicken. The unobstructed beach view from the restaurant deck is just great.

Had a massage once at the in-house facility also overlooking the beach ($40 or so). Inexpensive and pretty good.

Cheap beachfront and no problems - what's not to like?

I don't feel any safety issues because I stick to my beaten path. 15 minutes south to Puerto Nueva along the old coast road. More seafood than two persons can eat for about $50. There is a military checkpoint just south of Rosarito on the coast road. Usually we are waived through, but one time they stopped us to search the car - I don't think they expected to find anything, but just wanted to check out the Lexis. They never asked us for ID, which was curious.

I don't like the border crossing wait coming back, but I have researched the inland toll road can be accessed just south of Puerto Nuevo. That takes you to the faster Otay Mesa border crossing near the Tijuana airport. Next time I will try it. Due to the roadwork and detours, I have not been able to find the Otay Mesa crossing the last couple of times that I tried, and I ended up coming back to the Tijuana crossing. Years ago the Otay Mesa crossing was easier to find.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

which certainly cannot be beat. A great place for drinks. Breakfast is OK too, as the food is strictly run of the mill Mexican.
Does not work for dinner for me because of poor wine selections.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

A sister restaurant to El Nido, the chicken, beef, duck, lamb, etc. is raised at their own farm. Where El Nido seems to specialize in Beef, Los Pelicanos has great rotisserie chicken and flour tortillas!