Los Pelicanos Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Rosarito
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
Average 3/5
Motel Sinai(El Rosario)
View Hotel
All reviewsocean viewquailrustic placeloved this hotelmachacathird floornice poolswedish massagedrove downgreat weekendmexicopesotijuanarelaxationhorses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2010

los pelicanos is a gem. its the first place we go when were in rosarito. they have a great bar and restrant , security for the private parking(dont forget to tip the security guard, its way worth it!). when you leave the hotel your in the sand cuz your on a beach :D friendly staff awesome location, los pel. is only about 2 blocks from one of the best lil tamale shops ive found yet its named "tamale inn" and its like 3-4 blocks from papas n beer. great location if you dont trust taxis out there either, everythings in walking distance from the hotel . great shopping , food, and clubs. when we were there we paid from 40 a night to 80 a night depending on the time of year.

NOTE: the first time at los pelicanos i left my purse with the majority of my money (in cash) on the bed and hung a do not desturb sign on the door - LOS PELICANOS IS VERY TRUST WORTHY NOTHING WAS MISSING but i wouldnt ever again assume that whats in my room is safe while im gone.

LAST NOTE: the same day that i left my bag on the bed, we had also left 420 everywhere, but the cleaning lady was kind enough to put it all on a shelf in the room all nice n tidy with a water bottle next to the bong :D i <3 los pelicanos!!!

Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank wo0wo0
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I love Los Pelicanos. I have been going there since the hotel was not even rated. I found out about this place from trip advisor in 2003 and I have gone every year since. I have stayed at other places in Mexico, but none compared to the clean and the tranquil environment. I honestly think that is Baja Mexico best kept secret. I have received the best service from the wonderful staff, I love how the rooms are situated right near the pool so you can walk out and just jump in. Or you can just sit in the spa and look right out at the beach and watch the sunset, while you are being served drinks. I have brought so many friends who were skeptics and every single one of them left wanting to go back the next time. I can honestly say that I have more fun at the hotel, eating from their wonderful restaurant and enjoying the views than I did going to any other bars or clubs in the town. It is close enough to the shopping and nightlife, but far enough away so you don't get the noise and crowds. If you want to enjoy yourself in Rosarito go to Los Pelicanos!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank spanishharlem
Reviewed September 10, 2009

From the beach this hotel does not look like much, and from the side street on the south, it looks old and uninviting, but this is truely a beautiful place. Don't be discouraged by the little side street from the main drag to the hotel entrance. Rooms are big and we paid $60/night for a large room overlooking the pool and beach. For Mexico, the food and drink prices seemed a little high, but what a beautiful view. Unique pool has tiny islands with large palm trees. Pool was ultra clean and althought not heated, was pleasant in August. We liked the smallness of the place. A nice change from the larger places in town. Beautiful beach.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joe_travelerSoCal
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I stayed here 2 years ago when it was better maintain. Now is the worst hotel I ever been to.
We stayed in 'Don Chuy suite" which is big, but no fans or any kind of ventilation it sticks very humid also the floor looked like crap was left over lots of ants everywhere even in the beds, had the worst night was not able to sleep because ants were crawling all over the bed. The sink started liking and almost flooded the entire suite due to a very bad hose that just exploded due to the humidity inside the suite. advice the manager Omar, but did not care we asked to be change to another suite but refuse because according to him the hotel was booked but he was full of crap. We paid 155 for this crappy suite was expecting the best.

Will never stay here again. the restaurant is crap don't go there. there is much better food somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Omarz
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I returned to Los Pelicanos after a rather long break because of the U. S. media emphasis on the dangers of Mexican travel. I encountered ZERO problems. I was again blown away, as usual, by the incredibly beautiful, romantic, RUSTIC authentic Mexican setting. They have added spa services, and my girlfriend and i purchased full body, 50-minute massages that were wonderfully relaxing, and only $40.00 each! Great pool and large, simply rooms with Mexican floor tiles and open showers (no bath tubs, room phones, etc.).

As usual the restaurant offered delicious, mouth-watering steaks and seafood, and the prices were lower than my previous visits, due no doubt to the bad press and the dollar/peso valuation. If you come to Los Pelicans, insist on an Ocean View room, (call ahead to reserve this on weekends, Sunday - Thursday they are plentiful. Omar is the Manager, speaks great English!). Our very large, spacious and "Spartanly" furnished room was only $60.00 per night (weekday) $72.00 for weekend. This is a BASIC, no frills hotel, although there is a beautiful pool and restaurant and minimal spa. Do not come expecting U.S. amenities, but the relaxation factor is off the chart!

The incredible value is the SETTING, literally RIGHT ON the beach. i always hesitate writing about the hotel because I do not want you all to come there and crowd up the place!! : ) I love that during the week days it is even more slow-paced and romantic. Be sure to drink the blended Margaritas and get the fruit plate in the AM and the fresh-squeezed OJ. So MANY fine, simple pleasures here at GREAT prices!! Be prepared for a SIMPLE relaxing stay on the beach. I just got back tonight (Monday) and i am returning this weekend! I highly recommend this place, if you have concerns, just GO FOR IT!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple