“Pleasant Stay”
Review of Del Mar Inn

Del Mar Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Rosarito
Reviewed October 16, 2005

My husband and I visited Rosarito on October 15th and stayed at Brisas Del Mar. It is centrally located and you have easy access to the beach although you are not beachfront. You have to cross the street and walk about a 1/4 mile to the beach. The rooms are clean and the price is affordable. There is a restaurant and bar on premises. Overrall, a nice experience.

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank ana101876
There are newer reviews for Del Mar Inn

San Diego, CA
Reviewed September 21, 2005

There are some quaint very comfortable places in Rosarito, but those are full first, harder to find, and quieter on big weekends.

This place is a safe bet. It is run like a small town motel in the states. The staff just friendly enough to give you the basics, the rooms just clean enough for you to feel comfortable, the admenities nice enough to keep you mildly satisfied. It is a close walk to the main part of town.

We stay here when the night gets too long while in Rosarito. It's usually on par with US motel rates.

It is average, or good enough for a stop over or to sleep off the night.

• Stayed: September 2004
Reviewed September 9, 2005

Stayed there for 2 nights over the labor day weekend.
Over all the hotel was clean.
The bathroom is big -basic and clean - No extra rod to hang Clothes.
The Front Desk staff is very inexperienced, I asked for 1 extra bath towel, they just said noded the head , I had to remind them that they didnt have my room number.. but very helpful and polite.

The bar keep at the pool is a friendly person ( again in experienced).

Its not the luxurious hotel. We paid a premium for room due to the long weekend even though I had booked on Aug 1st. ( Paid 190$ for 3 Adults, 1 Room)

I will stay there if I get a room for around 60$ per night over the weekend, for anything above I will try another Hotels there.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank smartym26
San Diego
Reviewed August 14, 2005

I felt safe and liked some things about the hotel. I did like the bar at the hotel which was a mellow place to suck down some beers before hitting up the clubs. I thought it was way too expensive (~$115/night) but assume it was better than most hotels in Rosarito. I would have thought such a room would have been worth $80 to $90 at the most but I guess going to such a tourist destination in a thrid world nation can get expensive. The room stank a little bit like mold or something but the room did have a fully functioning air conditioner which was nice.

• Stayed: August 2005
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 10, 2005

We had a great time at the hotel! The room was clean and basic, but nice. The front desk staff was a little slow, but pleasant. The morning buffet at the restaurant was very good and the pool was fun!!! We felt safe and our car was secure in their enclosed parking lot. It was just a short walk to the beach and to all the cool bars in Rosarito. Would definitely come back and tell our friends as well!

• Stayed: July 2005
california
Reviewed July 8, 2005

it was bad, i got charged on my atm card when it was left for security puposes and paid cash for my room why did i get charged for a room i paid cash for. the front desk was bad, need way more experience, i feel they need to re check their employees before hiring them cause there the ones who must of took my cash payment and charged on my credit card to make up for the room that was paid cash. i do not recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2005
Reviewed July 6, 2005

The room was average. The TV didn't work. When we called to let them know, they didn't do anything about it. They just said "ok". The staff was far from friendly. When I came to check in. They looked at me like I had just insulted their parents. I was early. They didn't say a word to me. They just pointed at a sign that said "check in at 3:00. Nothing else. We came back and checked in. He gave us no directions as to where are room was. It took us 15 minutes to find our room. It was in this little corner, up this little hallway. Like I said the room was average. It had one window that looked out into a brick wall. How scenic. The room I could live with. The staff could use some lessons in customer service.

• Stayed: June 2005
1  Thank christianna258
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Beach Hotel
Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel & Villas
Las Olas Resort & Spa
Las Olas Resort & Spa
#6 of 15 in Rosarito

Been to Del Mar Inn? Share your experiences!