“They stole $100 from our room!!”

Hotel Corona Plaza Rosarito
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Rosarito
Reviewed February 25, 2007

The outside looks nice but the rooms were ugly. The rooms had old paint and dirty towels which I thought was forgiveable. Also, it was freezing in the night. They overcharge for what the room is worth. There wasn't a deadbolt so I propped a chair against the doorknob while we were in the room (which made us feel safer). But our last night there while we were out, they went into my wife's purse and stole $100 out of it. We learned two things: never to go to this hotel again and never to leave money in your room again.

Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank miguel34

Reviewed January 28, 2007

I stayed here in January '07. The room was HORRIBLE. I am mexican, and I am used to sort of "roughing it," but the room was $80 and not worth it. First, there is no dead bolt on the door, so safety is a little compromised. It was freezing when we were there, and the rooms have no heaters. The space heater that was brought to us didn't work. Then when we called to the front desk, no one answered. The towels were APALLING. It looked like they were ten years old because they were so GREY! Then the bath tub was leaking water all over the bathroom when I took a shower. I decided to stay at this hotel because the outside appearance looked really great, and it was along the beach, but even if I received a free night, I would not stay there again. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Thla S
Reviewed October 2, 2006

WoW! This hotel fits the phrase "looks can be deceiving!" It looks really nice on the outside, but in the inside... EEEEWWWWW!!!! I booked this hotel for a little mini family vacation, and I mean the whole family vacation. There was about 15 of us and we rented 3 rooms with each room having 2 queen size beds. Were we suprised!

HERE IS OUR DISAPPOINTMENT:

When arriving, they lost our reservation

One of the rooms had nasty brownish yellowish stains on the bed sheets (we didn't even use the blanket)

The other room had ants crawling along the window, floors, and shower tub

All the bedding smelled as if no one has been using the rooms for months

When asked for a roll away bed, none was available

Security guard just stood there doing nothing

Bathrooms were not that clean

Towels smelled "musty" and a bit hard

Jacuzzi was NOT working

Pool was dirty and green

Bar looked just plain nasty

Receptionist barely understands english

Floors where stained with black "stuff"

Elevator (all glass) looks graffitied and dirty

No Room Service

No Phone Line Working

No Internet

No Room Temperature Control

NO Amenities

Underground Parking Structure looked horrible and felt unsafe to park vehicles

Room keys were old school and not a key card

Had to wear "hotel" wrist bands at all times

Some of the view were "slum" homes and/or dirty patches

Distance was 5-10 minutes drive to the "center" and 20-30 minutes walking

In addition, upon exiting the main highway, boy were we corrupted by a police. BE CAREFUL FOR THE STOP SIGNS!! A cop pulled us over stating that we ran 3 stop signs which there wasn't even any that we passed, since we just entered that little city. The police threatened us to take us to jail, until he said to give him $50 USD and he will let us go. So we paid him $50 USD. DON'T FORGET TO PURCHASE MEXICO CAR INSURANCE also because the police will use that one on you because ours did and especially since our vehicle was a rental.

OVERALL, I MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT RECOMMAND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE OR ANYTHING. THOUGH THIS MIGHT BE SOMEWHAT A LITTLE CHEAPER, YOU ARE BETTER OF STAYING SOMEWHERE ELSE AND PAYING THAT EXTRA FEW DOLLARS FOR A GREATER PLACE FOR COMFORT AND QUALITY.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2006

i read all the reviews ....and theyre wrong. the hotel is now renevated. yea its not super luxuious...but it'll do. in my whole trip everyone was super nice to me and my friends ( guys and girls). when we needed something they would give it to us , no problem. the staff was super nice and so were the residents. i would suggest it to other people. definitely not for people who stay locked up in their rooms all day. every other hotel in rosarito are the same, some worse.... this was a good deal . id definitely go back

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank pritynpink006
Reviewed August 15, 2006

The security guards are corrupt. They threatened to put us in jail if we did not give them money. My buddy and I were never in such terror in our life. They took 300 dollars from us. Had i known my rights i might not have been taken for all my cash. I would recommend strongly another hotel. Or a better part of Mexico

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2006

It was a great place to crash... I almost spend $110 in another hotel only because they had 3 queen size bed and air conditioner. They did not have a pool, I scratched the bottom of my car trying to enter the parking lot. I spend $89 at Corona plaza hotel for 2 queen size bed, pool, and a bar within the hotel. The ocean is only a few blocks away...it was great!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2006

This hotel is one of the worst ive seen in my life i paid 151 dollars for one night, the stuff was everything except nice. I call several times to get toilet papers and towels, since there was no towels or toilet paper and unfortunately they never brought me toilet paper, to flush the toilet i have to hold my finger for like 1 min so the water will flush. The rooms were nasty, ugly beds, the chair had a big stain, dirty windows, no remote contro for the tv. I paid 151 and i expected it to be nice ive paid 118 dollars for the marriot or holiday inn which are ok for the price very nice clean and you go to rosarito you pay more and have a piece of crap room, this is just not right.

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank Luis D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Beach Hotel
Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel & Villas
Pueblito Inn
Pueblito Inn
#8 of 14 in Rosarito

Been to Hotel Corona Plaza Rosarito? Share your experiences!