“Hotel was Wonderful.....”

Rosarito Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Rosarito
“Hotel was Wonderful.....”
Reviewed May 18, 2004

Why all the bad reviews?? This hotel was great. After reading the rotten reviews - I was ready to cancel my trip.....this hotel MUST be a dump. I was most certainley doomed for a terrible experience. That statement couldn't be more untrue. From Check in to Check out, the staff, the hotel and the vacation was amazing. I traveled with my 2 children, who stayed and ate free the entire time. The pools were amazing, the hotel was beautiful, granted it's not a 5 star we would expect in the US, but we are in Mexico and by their standards it was nice, old and full of history -- the show on Sat. night was great. I would most definetely come back to the Rosarito, but remember your own beach towel or you can't go on the beach!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Las Vegas
Reviewed May 11, 2004

After reading some of the reviews, I was beginning to have second thoughts! Don't know what hotel others were talking about, but the Rosarito Beach Hotel I sent to was wonderful! Great food, great service (both at the front desk and restaurants). They did everything possible to accommodate us. Rooms were tastefully decorated, great ocean view! No security problems...just perfect in every way. We loved the breakfast buffet and floor show the first night. Beautiful grounds. We will definitely go back to this hotel.

2 Thank Alejandra
Reviewed May 11, 2004

paid 4 room came back next day someone in our room i was upset so we waited 2 hour b4 we got another room the room we got smelled like cigarettes all the time musty and dusty. i was disappointed we got no discount on what happen the mgr gve us lunch voucher for the kids for food i tried using them they needed to be use as a coupn with one paying adult this placed suck mgmt too and cs really sucked i would not come here again

Travelers are raving about these Rosarito hotels

Reviewed May 6, 2004

WoW!!!
this hotel rocks.
Stayed there last week with my family (wife and three kids, 2, 5 and 7) and we just loved it!!
Lots and lots and lots of children activites!
Dinner inlcuded, kids eat free!... can't beat that

thanks!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 23, 2004

My husband, 2 year old daughter and I visited this hotel during Easter week. We had loads of fun watching our daughter try to hit the pinata, splash in the kids pool and dance with the mexican show at night. If you have young children, this is your best bet!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 20, 2004

We go down for the Bike ride--Location is great for that. But the rooms are disgusting, smell bad, musty, dirty with the view out my window of old leaking appliances. Electrical boxes that are open with bare wires that have been rigged together and come undone hanging out in the rain--Not a safe feeling. The staff is rude and acts put out if you ask a simple question. No Customer service...........The Room rates are so Overpriced for what you get. Total ripoff. Go elsewhere if possible.

los angeles,ca
Reviewed April 20, 2004

This once charming little hotel has sadly turned into party central, unless you visit during the week. I think their trying to compete with the other hotels that cater to a younger and rowdy crowd.The bathrooms reek of sewage, and since there are no treatment plants, everything dumps into the ocean!! I would never swim in it, but I see people doing just that. The last time I stayed here i wrote the manager a letter, and he was kind enough to give me a gift certificate for a free weekend, but I passed on it...The spa is quaint and nice,and affordable, but go to Los Rocas or another hotel down the road. There is a beautiful hotel closer to Ensenada, but I don't recall the name.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Inn
#12 of 16 in Rosarito
Brisas del Mar Hotel
Brisas del Mar Hotel
#9 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to Rosarito Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!