“Under-Appreciated” 4 of 5 bubbles

Long Beach, CA
“Under-Appreciated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

This place has an amazing history, because it was one of the first hotels in Rosarito Beach, it has the best location. It is literally at the pier's entrance and sits in the heart of Rosarito Beach. Everything is within walking distance so just arrive park your car and enjoy the town.

The resort is huge and has a lot to offer, but when the hotel capacity is below 50% full/empty they do not bother with heating the pools or even having them stocked or staffed. It's a shame this place is not fully booked because it really is beautiful. We stayed there this past weekend and booked a stay in the new tower the Pacific Tower. It has an amazing roof top pool and the rooms are big and modern. We noticed that all of the rooms have an ocean view and the balconies all face the ocean. In the room we had a kitchenette with a "living" area with a futon/couch and a separate bedroom. The bathroom has a standup shower, bath tub, double sink vanity, and a separate toilet.

I heard that the hotel is usually fully functioning June-August for the summer. The hotel restaurant is delish but like all hotel restaurants its much more costly than stepping into the city. We crossed the street and had tacos that where great and walked down the street for breakfast. Mexican coffee is pretty amazing and the taste of homemade tortillas make a difference in the flavor of a dish.

I really hope Mexico's reputation of being dangerous starts to change because the local real people are great and its unfair that they suffer. The drive from LA was 2 hours and the cost for the weekend beats heading to Vegas and dealing with the Vegas traffic. I don't think Baja gets the appreciation it deserves.

Room Tip: The higher the room is the quieter it will be. Ask for the FASTPASS to avoid the border lines, we g...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arlene2013
rbhsalesmanager, Gerente at Rosarito Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Rosarito Beach Hotel on TripAdvisor.com, every feedback we receive is very valuable for us. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay.

We want to let you know that we have 3 jacuzzis heated 24/7 for your convenience, as you mentioned we do not heat our pools in low occupancies, this is because we care about protecting the environment, looking for the best ways to save energy, use biodegradable chemicals, proper waste management among other measures.

About the comment you made about the prices in our restaurant, I can assure you that in the market, we have competitive prices according to the hygiene and quality of supplies and staff, fortunately we cannot compare with other companies which they can´t assure their quality standards.

If you need any further help or comments, please feel free to email me at: gerente@rosaritobeachhotel.com

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went here just before Christmas with my daughter and grandson. Got a beach master suite on the 14th floor in the tower and the place was great - glassed on two sides with panoramic views of beach and ocean, one bedroom with a balcony, the other with no windows but still nice, 2 bathrooms, adequate kitchen, and living room with balcony. Great deal for the money. They threw in dinners for the adults but turned out the value of those vouchers was limited and the restaurant isn't great, so we mostly ate elsewhere. The location is ideal for going to the beach and walking into town. There's an adequate gym. The staff is friendly, although despite repeated requests to get back a sweater I left, they never sent it. Overall, I would go back again.

Room Tip: High floor in tower.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
in our hotel we have strict procedures for lost & found, you can call us directly at our hotel and provide your name, the date of your departure, room number and email address, this to verify that we have your personal belonging, in case we have it, we will contact you to inform you of the cost of shipping and account to which you must deposit, once the deposit its confirmed we will make the shipment arrangements and we´ll confirm you your tracking code.

Santee, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

When I read that Presidents, princes and movie stars had stayed here my expectations were high but quickly disappeared. The lobby has an old world Mexican ambience but then on entering the room it was pretty bad. The lamps were defective, and there is a serious electrical problem here. I quickly disconnected my iPad when I found the plug got hot as I was concerned my iPad would burn up! The food in their much touted restaurant was not tasty and the space allowed for bathroom was a joke. I decided to move to Los Pelicanas which was considerably less expensive, much friendlier and helpful. Oh yes, the furniture in the room looked like Salvation Army donations by destitute people! I don't think any presidents, princes or movie stars will be staying there anytime soon. Frankly, it's in my opinion, a ripoff! The heater in room did not work and the tile floors were freezing. They have poor horses standing on the beach all day (dirty sand) with no riders.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Audreyr0se

I apologize if we didn’t meet your expectations, in order to correct the situations that you experienced, we’ve taken note and have already addressed your comments.

Operations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Rosarito hotels

Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed at the Rosarito Beach Hotel Feb. 17 thru Feb. 20th. I can't believe all the changes (it's been 20 yrs!) We got a great deal thru Travelzoo. Our room was in the Pacifico Towers (rm # 1415) Fantastic ocean vws.! The room was clean,had a funished balcony, coffee maker, sm fridge (no freezer, but ice available in bar, free of charge) microwave, and cooktop. Bathroom had double sinks ,seperate shower and tub. There were some pots/pans,a few dishes and eating utensils. You may want to bring cups/glasses and papertowels.Everyone we encountered was very pleasant from the receptionist (Yoni wonderful! very accomodating) to Jose the bellman. I want to mention we all felt very safe in Rosarito. And the fast pass was an added plus! We definitely plan on returning. By the way, we went to All the Pretty Horses for a day and had a wonderful ride, good local wine and great appies!

Room Tip: Pacifico towers higher floors Rm 1415 great view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
rbhsalesmanager, Gerente at Rosarito Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of the Rosarito Beach Hotel. We appreciate your feedback about your experience at the hotel during your stay. We hope you’ll visit us again in the future.
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed here for a weekend about 5 months ago when I was 8 months pregnant with my husband (fiancée at the time) we stayed in the new tower. I thought the room was amazing for the price! $$ The staff at the breakfast buffet/a la carte were very friendly and attentive. The bartenders/waiters at dinner were also great. The lobby is a bit noisy but our hotel room was on the opposite tower so it didn't bother us at all. The hotel room was very clean and everything looked new (furniture, sheets, bathrooms..etc......) will definitely be staying here any time we are in the area.

Room Tip: ask to be in the NEW tower as I have read reviews about being stuck in the old tower where the rooms...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Rosarito Beach Hotel at the perfect place for your stay. We appreciate your review and we are glad that you had a great time. We hope to see you in the future when you return to Rosarito.
San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I can't help it. I keep coming back. Took the ocean view rooms and their views are spectacular. Walking back inside though, from a construction and finishing point of view, it's pretty rough. Tiles and walls and sinks seemed to have been thrown together very quickly without much quality control. It was very clean. I hung out in the old part of the hotel - sitting room next to the beginning of the pier, the bar, and the restaurant. Great pianist was playing. Good coffee at entrance of the hotel. Relatively poor customer service (not always) at the front desk. Great video at the front desk on how to get the fast lane across the border. I'll be back.

Room Tip: I was in the 'modern' building facing the ocean.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 2Wolfgang
Thank you for visiting the Rosarito Beach Hotel and for taking the time to post your experience, we hope you come back soon.
Ventura, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I visited Rosarito the weekend before New Year's. I stayed in a two bedroom suite with magnificent views to the ocean and to the pool. My suite had a flat screen television an three beds. As soon we walked in the door we greeted by the friendly, bilingual staff. A complimentary wi fi code was provided for my stay. There was not many tourists during the time I stayed, but we still managed to find activities to do. We went to a bar on the ocean front and eat tacos and a torta at La Fuente. The food at this location was amazing. The pools were clean and heated. The horseback riding was at the beach and it was not to expensive. One thing that I loved was that the alcohol was very economical. They even have their own beer named Rosarito Beach. It has a good taste to it. Overall, I recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: If you ge a suite you'll have a better view
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Rosarito Beach Hotel. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Inn
#12 of 16 in Rosarito
Las Rocas Resort & Spa
Las Rocas Resort & Spa
#3 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to Rosarito Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!