Rosarito Beach Hotel
  • Pool
  • Spa
Motel Sinai(El Rosario)
View Hotel
All reviewspacifico towerfast passtravelzoo dealnewer towerrooftop poolpiano playerhorseback ridingrosarito beachkaraoke barhotel restaurantcross the borderwater pressurepuerto nuevosan diegobaja californiaoff seasonfull kitchen
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have been going to Baja and the Rosarito Hotel since I was a kid. We used a Travelzoo deal (which we also used last year) with the breakfasts, margaritas, massages and a 2 night stay in a suite in the Pacifico Tower. Maybe the old part of the hotel is worn, I think it has "character" and history. The Spa is great. One reviewer thought is was also worn out, but it is the former home of the original owner of the hotel and I thought it was charming with beautiful tile and iron work. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The only problem was with the speed pass and the directions to get across the border Very vague and confusing, no street names or other specifics. We made it, but not without a little conflict between me and hubby ("go this way, no, that way. Stop, go!!) LOL!!

2  Thank Robin L
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I had a very fun and relaxing weekend at Rosarito Beach Hotel. The hotel is old and shabby but it is also very cheap. I liked the traditional Mexican feel but it definitely needs updating. The restaurant serves traditional Mexican food which is very good, The rooms are clean but in need of an urgent remodel. What I don't understand is that the hotel has a new tower that supposedly is much nicer and they charge double for these rooms. The weekend we stayed, the hotel was far from full and they should have upgraded us to a nicer room in the new tower. They would have had much happier customers who may have returned in the future. I doubt I will stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade to the new tower.
2  Thank Loveagreatvacation
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I'm surprised by some of the less-than-excellent reviews. We (two couples) went down last weekend and the hotel was full. We had excellent and personal service (thanks, Mario!). We didn't wait for anything. The room was incredibly nice and a good value, and the view was breathtaking. It was my first time in Mexico in 10 years, and the first time ever spending the night. Before heading down, I was anxious about my safety. But, after getting there, I was surprised at how safe I felt. We even walked around at night and it was clearly not the Mexico I've read about years ago. The hotel even took measures to ensure that only guests were in the hotel after 7pm. I'm going to start going on a regular basis, and I'm definitely staying at the RBH. This is also one of the few places to get FastLane (check on it to reduce travel time back to the U.S. - not all hotels offer it). In sum, a great hotel and a great value.

Room Tip: You can't choose your room before you get there, but the property has 3 different towers. Make sure you get the Pacifico Tower for the nicer rooms. We had a junior penthouse (two BRs, kitchen, living room, and balcony with ocean view) that was well worth the price.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chris R
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Waited almost an hour in line to check in, elevators took almost 20 minutes to arrive. Stayed in the "fancy" tower. They dont even have a lobby with registration desks there, had to check in in another building. Had trouble with my reservations, they charged me and also my guests for registrations that were already paid for. now we have to spend time getting that cash back. Not a lot of options in Rosarito, so that's why these guys dont care about stepping service up.

Room Tip: Pick the new tower
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Joaquin L
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I bought a travelzoo voucher for the RBH which included 3 nights stay, 2 massages, 3 breakfasts with mimosas, 6 margaritas and a bottle of wine.

The trip down was easy. We got there quite early so they did not have a room ready for us but checked us in reasonably quickly.

We didn't realize it was Mexican Independence Day, so the place was packed from the pool to the bar to the beach.

Once checked in, our room was decent. We were on the 6th floor in the Pacifico Tower with a nice pool and ocean view. The room was a 1 bedroom suite with a little kitchenette area. The patio off the room would have been lovely, however there was no patio furniture. It looked like people brought chairs up from the pool area to use on their balconies. There was also some mold in the shower stall, but otherwise, it was okay.

I went to the pool while my husband tried to take a nap in the room. He said at least two other parties were given keys to our same room as they tried to get in while he was trying to nap.

At the pool, people were using the chair cushions and life saving rings as floaties for the pool. The pool looked a little murky and there were obviously maintenance issues with tiles coming up in and around the pool area. On our last day, we did find the rooftop pool which looked to be in better condition and had a wonderful view.

The restaurant and bar served good food and drinks. However, one evening we decided to eat dinner at the bar. My husband and I each ordered a salad and an entree. I ordered the lobster and my husband the steak. My salad arrived as did his steak entree, but nothing else. We ate what was brought then sat waiting for a while, but nothing else came out. My husband then finally asked about the rest of our meal. We were then told they were out of lobster. Epic fail!!

The spa area was okay and the massages quite nice, however the jacuzzi in the spa area was not hot and the wet steam room looked a little bit scary. The dry steam was quite nice, though.

All in all, it was a decent stay, just don't have your hopes up too high.

2  Thank 3boys4me