Rosarito Beach Hotel
TripAdvisor
$47
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewspacifico towerfast passtravelzoo dealnewer towerrooftop poolpiano playerhorseback ridingrosarito beachkaraoke barhotel restaurantcross the borderwater pressurepuerto nuevosan diegobaja californiaoff seasonfull kitchen
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Bought this 2night, 2 massages, bottle of wine, 2 breakfasts, 4 mimosas, 6 margaritas through Travelzoo, what a great deal. I highly recommend it. You pay for parking and taxes which is $30.00 but worth it. Stayed in the Pacifico Tower, 6th floor. Great view of the beach and pool. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The bed was a bit lopsided but no big deal. I still slept fine. My main complaint is that the floor in the room is cement and rock and my feet were always dirty. Not sure if it's the floor that's hard to clean or they just aren't cleaning it.
The breakfast at Azteca was ok. We would walk to the local taco shops and fish restaurants for good and inexpensive meals. There are tons of pharmacies, liquor stores and good eats walking distance. We would buy beer and water from the liquor store and bring it back to our room, there's a mini fridge that keeps drinks extra cold-yeah!
The spa is old and needs some upgrading but it's cute with an old time feel to it. The massage was excellent, put me to sleep.
I recommend this hotel and will come back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank soniabags
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Rooms are very nice in the new tower, but the service is HORRIBLE. Took 45 mins to check-in, then another 15 mins waiting for the elevator!!!!
Called the front desk several times, NO ANSWER. Ordered hot cakes for breakfast, he forgot the syrup, took like 20mins to come back, everything was cold by then!
My friend stayed at the old tower and there was NO HOT water!
Plus, and very irritating: they give you like 20 different pieces of paper, different sizes for different purposes, you have to carry all of them around with you! 2 for the parking, wristbands, another card for ordering room service, one for your car, etc!! Super irritating!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank LLR1
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I suspect that the higher reviews for the Rosarito Beach Hotel are based on the new Pacifico tower. The lobby for the new tower was very modern and clean. On first appearances, it looked deserving of high marks. However, I can only review based on where I stayed and I had the displeasure of staying at the (much) older Coronado Tower of this hotel. The website says it has been remodeled, complete with pictures to prove it. The pictures are not accurate and do not remotely compare to the reality. The furnishings and room fixtures, especially the bathroom, showed their advanced age. All fabrics, from towels to sheets, were dingy in appearance and had a musty,mildewy smell. The air conditioner functioned, but not without frequent and extremely loud protests that shook the walls with their fervor. Best (or worst) of all, every single wall had some sort of grime smeared across the surface - typically some form of brown, lumpy smudge of indeterminate origin. I can only hope that the more expensive Pacifico tower omits some of these features.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Amy S
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went here for labor day weekend and it was horrible. No air conditioning in the rooms people were sleeping in the balconies. There was a line for the elevator 20min long and only 5 people at a time. The wifi was horrible couldn't use it in the room only in the hallway and only one password for one devise if you wanted to connect other devises it would be $5 a day per device. They even charge for local calls $5 dls for 3min local calls. If you want to walk in the pier $1 per person. We had a 2 bedroom suite with No sofa. I do not recommend this hotel at all if I would be able to give negative stars I would.

Room Tip: Find another hotel this is horrible
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Esmerue
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed in the hotel's Pacifico Tower during an unusually cool week in August.The Good: Our two bedroom unit had a marvelous view balcony. Breakfasts at the Azteca Restaurant were delicious. Staff members were accommodating. The building was out of sound range of frat boy partyers.The Bad: The "fully equipped" kitchen had some dishes and glasses, a few pots and pans, and little else -- bring your own soap! Also bring your own soap for the washer-dryer. The layout of the unit was, in our opinion, peculiar: The windowless second bedroom was a dark cave. Missing face plates, the bare bulb over the kitchen table, slightly shabby furniture and reversed wiring indicated a lack of attention to detail. And now for the truly Ugly: There is something seriously amiss in the venting system. Sewage gasses come up through the bathroom floor drains. We complained about an evil smell on several occasions. The hotel always sent a maintenance worker to our room with a bottle of bleach. He poured the bleach down the drain, then sealed the drain with duct tape! The first time this happened, the front desk staff offered to put us into a different unit, but it appeared to us that this unpleasant problem randomly occurs in many of not all the condos. We will probably not stay at the Rosarito Beach Hotel again, at least not in the Pacifico Tower.

Room Tip: Note: "Terrible" Cleanliness rating stems from sewage smell problem. Maid service was very good. Ask at check-in if the assigned room has a drain problem!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends