“EXCELLENT WEEKEND STAY”

Rosarito Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Rosarito
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Bought this 2night, 2 massages, bottle of wine, 2 breakfasts, 4 mimosas, 6 margaritas through Travelzoo, what a great deal. I highly recommend it. You pay for parking and taxes which is $30.00 but worth it. Stayed in the Pacifico Tower, 6th floor. Great view of the beach and pool. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The bed was a bit lopsided but no big deal. I still slept fine. My main complaint is that the floor in the room is cement and rock and my feet were always dirty. Not sure if it's the floor that's hard to clean or they just aren't cleaning it.
The breakfast at Azteca was ok. We would walk to the local taco shops and fish restaurants for good and inexpensive meals. There are tons of pharmacies, liquor stores and good eats walking distance. We would buy beer and water from the liquor store and bring it back to our room, there's a mini fridge that keeps drinks extra cold-yeah!
The spa is old and needs some upgrading but it's cute with an old time feel to it. The massage was excellent, put me to sleep.
I recommend this hotel and will come back again.

1  Thank soniabags

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Rooms are very nice in the new tower, but the service is HORRIBLE. Took 45 mins to check-in, then another 15 mins waiting for the elevator!!!!
Called the front desk several times, NO ANSWER. Ordered hot cakes for breakfast, he forgot the syrup, took like 20mins to come back, everything was cold by then!
My friend stayed at the old tower and there was NO HOT water!
Plus, and very irritating: they give you like 20 different pieces of paper, different sizes for different purposes, you have to carry all of them around with you! 2 for the parking, wristbands, another card for ordering room service, one for your car, etc!! Super irritating!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank LLR1
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I suspect that the higher reviews for the Rosarito Beach Hotel are based on the new Pacifico tower. The lobby for the new tower was very modern and clean. On first appearances, it looked deserving of high marks. However, I can only review based on where I stayed and I had the displeasure of staying at the (much) older Coronado Tower of this hotel. The website says it has been remodeled, complete with pictures to prove it. The pictures are not accurate and do not remotely compare to the reality. The furnishings and room fixtures, especially the bathroom, showed their advanced age. All fabrics, from towels to sheets, were dingy in appearance and had a musty,mildewy smell. The air conditioner functioned, but not without frequent and extremely loud protests that shook the walls with their fervor. Best (or worst) of all, every single wall had some sort of grime smeared across the surface - typically some form of brown, lumpy smudge of indeterminate origin. I can only hope that the more expensive Pacifico tower omits some of these features.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Amy S
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went here for labor day weekend and it was horrible. No air conditioning in the rooms people were sleeping in the balconies. There was a line for the elevator 20min long and only 5 people at a time. The wifi was horrible couldn't use it in the room only in the hallway and only one password for one devise if you wanted to connect other devises it would be $5 a day per device. They even charge for local calls $5 dls for 3min local calls. If you want to walk in the pier $1 per person. We had a 2 bedroom suite with No sofa. I do not recommend this hotel at all if I would be able to give negative stars I would.

Room Tip: Find another hotel this is horrible
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Esmerue
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed in the hotel's Pacifico Tower during an unusually cool week in August.The Good: Our two bedroom unit had a marvelous view balcony. Breakfasts at the Azteca Restaurant were delicious. Staff members were accommodating. The building was out of sound range of frat boy partyers.The Bad: The "fully equipped" kitchen had some dishes and glasses, a few pots and pans, and little else -- bring your own soap! Also bring your own soap for the washer-dryer. The layout of the unit was, in our opinion, peculiar: The windowless second bedroom was a dark cave. Missing face plates, the bare bulb over the kitchen table, slightly shabby furniture and reversed wiring indicated a lack of attention to detail. And now for the truly Ugly: There is something seriously amiss in the venting system. Sewage gasses come up through the bathroom floor drains. We complained about an evil smell on several occasions. The hotel always sent a maintenance worker to our room with a bottle of bleach. He poured the bleach down the drain, then sealed the drain with duct tape! The first time this happened, the front desk staff offered to put us into a different unit, but it appeared to us that this unpleasant problem randomly occurs in many of not all the condos. We will probably not stay at the Rosarito Beach Hotel again, at least not in the Pacifico Tower.

Room Tip: Note: "Terrible" Cleanliness rating stems from sewage smell problem. Maid service was very...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Two couples went to the Rosarito Beach Hotel (first time for all I think) to celebrate my birthday weekend (& Carey and my engagement-clearly a special time). We had taken advantage of a deal on Travelzoo.com. It included, two nights lodging in the newer tower, mimosa breakfast daily, a one hour massage each, a bunch of margaritas by the pool and a bottle of wine. IT WAS AWESOME, such a deal! Rosarito turns out to be about 20-30 minutes from the border (very easy drive) and the hotel is very safe. The staff was spectacular even tho the hotel was sold out all weekend. Of particular note, Joanne Campos (an ops mgr) was wonderful and made me feel very welcome and cared for. She assisted us the entire weekend and was great! We also went to the (higher end) Casa Blanco restaurant. We met the master chef Eric, who was great and took great care of us. (Dinner on my birthday and dessert the last night). Our favorite person at the Casa Blanco was Maria Luisa Rosas Guerrero (our server and now amiga).... she could not have been more cordial, engaging and wonderful. She & I even sang (unexpectedly) a song together (Thanks Alberto ;) The place, people and especially those called out were well worth the trip and made it a very special weekend. Thank You All!

Room Tip: We were in 602, and the rooms on that side have a larger balcony and no harsh direct sunlight. We li...
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I love this property for so many reasons....
I love the old world charm of the lobby, restaurant, older bldgs, etc...
I really love the modern tower, Pacifico, for itz beauty and amenities of comfort.
The balcony is a fantastic way to relax and truly enjoy the gift of being near the ocean, watching ppl fish off the pier and this past weekend catch a surf competition.
I know Rosarito Bch itself can be a lil loud and rowdy but thatz what is so great about this tower is that itz on the other side away from the pier away from the craziness...The pool is delightful and staff is always super friendly...One of the biggest bonuses to staying there is the wine tasting room across the pkg lot - He has great knowledge of the Guadalupe Valley wines and tasting are served with nice bread, oil & olives.
The BEST part though is once you are done enjoying yourself the fastpass you get when you check out to bypass the line at the border gets you back in the US within 10 - 15 min tops...woohoo!!!!

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a room in the Pacifico tower facing the water straight on, not the side of th...
1  Thank caligirl1270
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Inn
#10 of 14 in Rosarito
Del Mar Inn
Del Mar Inn
#7 of 14 in Rosarito

Been to Rosarito Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!