“Sad” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Rosarito
Northridge, CA
“Sad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went to Rosarito for we thought was going to be a fun 3 day weekend. Checking into The Rosarito Beach Hotel seemed easy, and fast. I was shown to our room on the 10th floor. It was neat and spacious, with fabulous views of the ocean. The temature of the room was 80 plus degrees.Very Warm. I checked the thermostat, to make sure the A/C was on.
Decide to go down to the pool. Got lounge chairs,and relaxed for a few hours. The pool water was so dirty, that a film of sediment floated on top. we decided not to put our heads under water just to be safe. By this time hundreds of people are checking in. The line for two working elevators, was out the door. You had to wait ten to fifteen minutes, to use the elevator to get to your room. Even more to catch one going down. each elevator was filled to capicity!!!
Back up to the room for a little late afternoon nap. The room was almost 100 degress byt that time. Checked to thermostat again, it showed it was on.
Called the front desk to ask if they could send someone up to look at the A/C. They said they were working on it. Took a shower, and within Three minutes, the drain was full of water, pouring out to the floor. it smelled like sewage.
Three more hours pass, still no A/C. We call the front desk again, they tell us they are working on it, but can't gaurantee it will be fixed by today.It was way to hot outside to open sliding glass door.
We decided to exit this hotel. Go down to the lobby and check out. Demanded a refund...So SAD

Room Tip: Dont go on a busy weekend, and call ahead to make sure A/C is working
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank TM612northridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great ocean views and balcony space at the new tower. Bathroom had horrible smell, almost like gas leak. Odor was briefly gone after room was cleaned but returned after a couple of hours. Buffet dinner is horrible but lots of other great restaurants in the vecinity.

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Right on the beach and a short walk from shopping and nightlife. The hotel rooms are clean. I had a great view of the beach from the room. If you go on a holiday weekend don't try to check in before 4pm, the line is out the door! Other than that it was a great stay! I really recommend it, oh and there's a FastPass included with the room.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Calijewel
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great place to stay for a beach vacation but not much else to do around town.
Stayed in the Penthouse suite which was great value for money and had great views facing the beach
Hallways were a little dated and untidy.

Room Tip: Pay for the best room you can afford as it's worth the extra money
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mickipedia63
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great long weekend spent at the Rosarito Beach Hotel. Booked a suite in the tower, nice kitchen, living room, balcony overlooking the ocean. Love the old bar in the original hotel. Like going back in time. Service was excellent and everyone treated us with a smile. We had a dinner credit which was good at the bar so we used it for our happy hour margaritas each night. This was one of many stays at this hotel for us and we'll be back soon. Love Rosarito Beach and have found some great places to eat. Especially the taco stand in front of the hotel. This is a gem. Will have to remember to grab one of their border fast passes. The 5 hour wait in line to get back to the US was crazy. Even walking back take 3 hours these days. What in the world has happed??

Room Tip: Ocean View, Balcony, if in the tower get as close to the top as possible to avoid the late night par...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The condo room was clean and roomy, the pools, one for kids with a water slide awesome, work out room incredible! The restaurants a must with top chiefs, and cheap! The beach was very clean. I purchased six bar stools for home, they were to big to bring to the room, so I had to leave them in the back of my pickup, they were there the next day, hats off to the security crew! I felt very safe in town shopping with my 3 year old granddaughter.
Thank You Rosarito Beach Hotel-Condos and staff

Room Tip: Get one with a large balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Aliso Viejo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I haven't been back to Rosarito Beach for about 10 years, scared away by all the news and the 2-3 hour wait at the border going back to USA. Since my wife had never been to Mexico, the news is not so bad lately, and I heard the fast pass can get you back in under an hour, I decided to give the Labor Day weekend a try to revisit one of my favorite college days hangout with my wife, and I was not disappointed. The friendly staff, friendly guests of all races, great food and the great view from the Pacifico Tower all made this trip worth while. The drive down to Puerto Nuevo Lobster Village for our lobster lunch was nice too, got to see many new awesome condo development along the coast. The only issue I had was coming back to USA. I read the direction on the hotel's website on exactly how to maneuver to the fast pass lane, but on the way back a road construction made me take a detour through downtown TJ. There were orange signs that lead me toward San Diego,. When I got closer to the border, the lanes and the sign with arrows were slightly off so my wife told me to move one lane to the right. The lanes then separated by concrete dividers (k-rails) and once I was in the lane we realized the lane leading to San Diego was one lane to my left, and I was heading towards Colonia Federal. I was getting stressed because I thought the lane I was on was taking me back to downtown and the traffic to USA was backed up that far back on the San Diego lanes. I kept driving then I saw the fast pass police booth ahead and realized that I was actually on the right lane after all. I pulled up to the left of the booth, the police came out to take my fast pass. He was very friendly and opened the gates. I drove traffic free down the path behind all the vendor shops and regrouped with all of the other cars close to the border. From that point it took about 30 mins to get back to the US. That was awesome compared to the 2-3 hours it would have taken if I hadn't made the mistake by taking the San Diego lanes instead. Be sure to read the directions on BajaBound dot com on how to find the fast pass lane. It discusses the road construction detour and to take the Colonia Federal lane. Overall, a great trip!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Inn
#12 of 16 in Rosarito
Las Rocas Resort & Spa
Las Rocas Resort & Spa
#3 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to Rosarito Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!