“Festive...Beautiful grounds”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Rosarito
San Diego, CA
“Festive...Beautiful grounds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Attended the XXIV Fish and Seafood festival, so many restaurants showcasing the food and many vendor with art and crafts, sampled some of the best Baja California wines from micro and boutique wineries, Enjoyed the wines of ViniCultores Carnalla-Villafan and some others.
Pool was very nice, the pier for fishing or just watching the Pacific Ocean, beach is nice and clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RosaritoBeachHtlMgmt, Director of Sales at Rosarito Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Eduardo_TJ, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and the Fish & Seafood Festival on Sunday, as well as our region's wines.

We look forward to having you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
San Pedro, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I fell in love with this hotel. Never knew rosarito offered such great resorts. I was considering making this hotel my new getaway location. The grounds are beautiful..pier for fishing..couple of restaurants and bars..pools w/ slide..playground for the kids..little cafe..recreation room w/pool tables,foosball, and ping pong. Unfortunately, we didn't get to enjoy any of it. We stayed at Coronado tower at a beach grand suite w/ a supposedly beach view (balcony facing south beach was to the west). I liked the rooms. Oh yeah, I didn't get my complimentary margaritas as promised on my booking. We played in the pool awhile and walked the grounds just to see what this hotel had to offer. We turned in at about 10 ish and as soon as we layed down we started scratching like crazy. I turned on the lights and our bed riddled with bed bugs. I was so disgusted called front desk no answer..called operator finally got to front desk. They said they will bring flea spray then said they will call back. I started packing up my stuff we were obviously not going to sleep there. I went to check out and requested my money back. For a hotel that $200 a night I would expect them to be bug free. The clerk had me wait one hour to check out he was fumbling around with papers, talking to other staff about unrelated issues and even attended other guests while my husband and I were standing there with 2 sleeping kids in our arms. They offered to change me to another room but I refused. I didnt want to bring these bugs back home with me. We ended up leaving and driving all the way home to San Pedro, California. I'm still so disappointed I was expecting to have a mini vacation for our 13th anniversary and it was a total disaster. I wouldnt recommended this hotel.

4 Thank Krys99
RosaritoBeachHtlMgmt, Director of Sales at Rosarito Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Krys99, thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Rosarito Beach Hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback about your experience at the hotel during your August stay.

I'm very sorry about the experience that you had while at the hotel.

And I’m very concerned about the appearance of insects in the room. We’ve been taking action in this regard, including doing daily inspections, in order to avoid this type of situation. Also, we’ve looked into the situation with the clerk at the front desk and the time it took us to provide a solution for you and your family

I would welcome the opportunity to attend to your comments personally with you over the phone or by email. Please feel free to call or email me at your earliest convenience: (01152)661-612-1050 and daniel@rosaritobeachhotel.com

Your comfort and well-being are of the highest importance to us and we hope to correct this situation as soon as possible. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Rosarito hotels

San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Front desk personal RUDE, hotel is old but still very nice, location is perfect. Have been there more than a dozen times. Excellent for children or just couples. The main mercado is less than 2 blocks away. Close to clubs and many restaurants. Best taco place across the street in a big open warehouse open until 6am

Room Tip: the rooms in the Cotronado tower all have a ocean view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cualneci
Temecula CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

When we first arrived on 8/6 we were given the "old" master suite that advertised online as having a kitchenette, so we went grocery shopping before hand. When we got to the room, there was a mini-frig with counters, a board covering the stove and not even dishes to eat on. On top of that, our bathroom was flooded with toilet water and rather than move us, they just mopped it spreading the toilet water. Upon complaining we were offered a master suite in the Pacifico Tower and accepted.
The room was quite gorgeous, however the a/c NEVER worked for the entire visit. We were offered A...meaning ONE fan even though it is a two bedroom room. Therefore we had to sleep with the doors open, and listen to people partying at the pool and setting off fireworks.Everything in our room remained damp as a result. Upon complaining the next night we were given another fan, but as the second bedroom had no screen we could not open it due to mosquitoes.
The wifi DOES NOT WORK unless you sit directly in the lobby. I believe if you are going to advertise amenities such as central ait and wifi, it should work. I paid $150 a night, which even in San Diego would get you a pretty nice room. You would think in Mexico it would at least come with a/c. We were never even offered complimentary meals though I see online it comes with the room we rented.
We were swarmed by salespeople on the way out to buy in the condo section. Our response was, why would we buy in a place that has no reliable a/c and wifi?

Room Tip: Only stay in the new tower. The old towers are disgusting.
1 Thank mamaloza
RosaritoBeachHtlMgmt, Director of Sales at Rosarito Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear mamaloza, thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We’re grateful for your feedback regarding your stay at the Rosarito Beach Hotel in August.

We’re glad that in general you liked our New Tower. However, I’m very sorry to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations while you were here. We’re working on the room issues regarding the original master suite that you rented.

And as to the tower room, unfortunately the ac in some of these rooms had experienced technical problems for about a week this month. However, the ac in the tower rooms is now functioning properly.

Regarding the food package, not all of our packages include meals. Also, if you reserved through a third party channel, your package would’ve probably not included meals. Or if you feel this was our mistake, please let me know.

Finally, regarding our free WiFi, we are running tests to determine if the problem was an issue of oversaturation of our networks, or if the signal isn’t reaching some of the rooms.

Your satisfaction is of the highest importance to us and therefore we hope to rectify the situation as soon as possible.

Please feel free to call or email me at your earliest convenience at: (01152)661-612-1050 or at daniel@rosaritobeachhotel.com
Gardena, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I didn't plan to stay in Rosarito so just stoped the the first hotel a came upon on the beach.
The hotel was very conveniently located and the grounds poured right on the beach. This always makes for a spactacular view with the sounds of the waves at night.
It's not the hotels fault, but my room while adequite and clean was infested with mesquitos.
I found the help under staffed but helpful. The dinner was average at best.
So even though I rated the hotel above average for the above reasons I would probably not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank captwata
RosaritoBeachHtlMgmt, Director of Sales at Rosarito Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Captwata, thanks for taking the time to write a review of the Rosarito Beach Hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us in July, and I thank you for your comments regarding our friendly staff, our rooms, and our oceanfront location.

I’m very sorry to hear that we didn’t meet some of your expectations during your stay.

I would really appreciate the opportunity to talk with you about your dinner comment so that we can take action in that respect. Please feel free to call or email me at: (01152)661-612-1050 and daniel@rosaritobeachhotel.com
San Tan Valley, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

It's a good thing my best friend and her family treated my family there as an birthday gift to me. I can't remember too much because of the terror getting there other than the service was excellent despite the language barrier and food was very good and views from the pool area to the beach was amazing! The hotel was empty beside a few couples that I took notice of here and there. I won't stay here again based on the area, the bathrooms in the rooms were very dated and the bedding could also use some updating as well. The beach is rocky shore, cannot swim there as their website states!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RicardoandMae
Dear RicardoandMae, thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay in Rosarito in 2011.

However, since we do not have a rocky shore (only a 4 mile sandy beach), I'm confused as to your comments regarding this.

If its possible that you reviewed the wrong property, I would politely ask that you clarify this with TripAdvisor.

If not, please feel free to contact me to clarify at: (01152)661-612-1050 and daniel@rosaritobeachhotel.com
CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I gave this review a mediocre rating even though I will not return because the value could not be beat. I purchased a travelzoo deal and stayed 2 nights on a weekend in August. The deal included massages which were very good and breakfast in the Azteca restaurant which was very good also. The room we had was one of the condo/timeshare rooms in the Pacifico tower. The view was great and the fridge was cold and the room was clean enough and that is all that was good.

Some of the balconies had chairs some did not - ours had two cheap dirty plastic stackable chairs and my daughters room had no chairs on the patio. We had our room cleaned and they removed our dirty towels and left us none for a replacement. No soap dish for the soap, a few utensils in the kitchen - only spoons, no forks, no paper towels, a big empty space where there was a flat screen t.v. but even then it was tolerable for the price. The main reason I would not stay here again is because it took us at least 20-30 minutes to catch an elevator. The resort was full and there are 2 elevators in this tower. If you are on the top floor or bottom floor you might have luck catching one but anywhere in the middle and they come to your floor and are FULL....you wait and wait and everytime they stop they are FULL. I took a ride from the 5th flr to the top flr and down to the lobby just so I could get on - we took the stairs several times, but that time I was checking out and had my luggage.

There were a lot of unsavory characters staying in the condos too. Friday night was fairly calm and quiet but Saturday night there were crazy people yelling all night on their balconies and a fight broke out in the hallway around 3 a.m. that went on for an hour - a bunch of girls yelling and screaming and fist fighting!

The pool was a "pee pool" as some previous reviewers commented and the roof top pool was closed. When we were at the pool someone barfed in it near the bar and families with kids were still swimming in it.

All in all I like Rosarito and felt fairly safe visiting again after not coming down for 5 years, but would rent a private condo or residence if/when I return.

Room Tip: If you stay in a tower stay on top or bottom if you want to get an elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mishottie
Dear mishottie, thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Rosarito Beach Hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback about your experience at the hotel during your August stay.

And I’m glad that in general you liked our New Tower, the food at our restaurant, massages at our spa, etcetera.

However, I'm very sorry to hear that some of the hotel facilities didn’t meet your expectations. We are addressing the in-room amenities issues that you mentioned, and as to the elevators, unfortunately 1 of our 4 elevators in the New Tower was not working for a few days this month. It’s now working, and we’ve also activated a 4th elevator (the service elevator) to work as a general traffic elevator to ease the flow on the busiest days.

I’m also sorry to hear about the noise you experienced on Saturday night. September and October are great months to visit us too, while avoiding the summer crowds and rowdiness.

And regarding the pool in the New Tower (1st floor), we’ve installed new and larger filters in order to always maintain it in an optimally clean condition, regardless of the crowd factor.

Your comfort and well-being are of the highest importance to us, and we hope to have you back here again under different circumstances.
Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Inn
#12 of 16 in Rosarito
Brisas del Mar Hotel
Brisas del Mar Hotel
#10 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to Rosarito Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!