“Rosarito/Ensenada/festival Plaza hotel”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Rosarito
Phoenix, Arizona
“Rosarito/Ensenada/festival Plaza hotel”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

This Hotel/Resort is in a tough spot, with all the ecomonic problem and, bad drug wars plague a lot of Mexico especially in an area that relied on Americans Tourism to fill up the rooms. That is gone and the hotel an the city of Rosarito have felt the impact with very reduced tourist

The hotel hascut down on things that would be going if it had more guest. the ferris wheel wasn't running and the bar closed early at times. The staff do a good Job at getting things you need sometimes over doing it like give me A huge bag of ice, all I wanted was a ice bucket full although it worked and made me laugh.

I wouldn't recomend this hotel to those seeking a romanic trip or quite nights. The hotel is smack in the middle party central with disccos pumping music till 4:am. If you like to party this is you place.The clubs were dominated by Mexicans tourist and Locals which put an limitation on conservations if you seak limtied spanish. I did meet some cool people that spoke english and even if they didn't they were nice.

The thing to do is rent a car and go on day trip to Ensenada, Bajamar(If you play Golf) and the blowhole. Ensenada has more tourist being a port for cruise ships that let people off the boat to shop and eat at the very virbant wharf area. If you like golf and hate to be slowed by others players this is your place to enjoy a record in time to complete 18 holes. The blowhole was alright, the drive has some impressive views of the ocean. The blowhole itself has a short walk through a street lined with shops, hotels,and resurants. At the end the blowhole was revived and was water getting blowned though rocks every 10-15 seconds.

The area has some nice beaches unfortunate the weather was gloomy and keep beach goers home, When the suns out some have tents of music and drinks on the beech.

If case you are wondering about the roads don't be fearful they are find. There is a toll highway connecting The border to Ensenada which will cost you 2-7 dollars depending on where you get on. The highway is in good shape like any highways in the states complete with traffic accients. The service streets can be bumby in spots but overall are fine. They are great for saving some money on the tolls. Watch for stop signs there are a lot where there probably should be a light. You will also notice Military checkpoints in place in order to finding drugs and other related things that are happening in Mexico as a whole. They generally way you through and your notice they search the trucks and some bigger cars, mutch like the border crossings One more tip for driving in TJ, traffic is constant and is like a driving in a big city pay attention and you we be find.

I would recomend Rosarito plaza Resort which is next door if you have kids and have more guest so the things were open, has a nice bar, pool and ping-pog tables, playground for kids a more pools.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
El Cajon, California
Reviewed July 7, 2010

After reading some reviews from a couple years ago, my wife and I were skeptical about staying at this hotel. We contacted the hotel to cancel and they said they wouldn't charge a cancellation fee and they acknowledged the older reviews and said those were not issues and that they wanted us to come see the room and then decide if we wanted to stay or not. Needless to say we got down there and the staff was frendly, the rooms were clean and well kept, and we felt very safe. The view of the ocean was amazing and it was nice a cool since it was near the coast. Cable tv worked fine, pool was clean and cool. Bar was dead except for during the soccer game and boxing match. We would say overall this was a positve experience and we would stay there again. But do know that there are two neighboring clubs that are loud, but tolerable with the windows closed if you get a room at the south end of the hotel. The town is dead to tourists because of the recent violence in mexico, not the hotel or citys fault... if you do stay here, do not goto IGGYS for tacos, they will rip you off. Instead goto el norteno across the street, for $0.95 each taco they are awesome!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nick_Ew
Danville, CA
Reviewed December 2, 2008

Sorry I have to do this, Festival Plaza. Your accommodations were nice, the surrounding nightlife is too loud. PURE TORTURE!!!

I read the reviews. I'm a seasoned professional when it comes to partying. I thought I could take it, for sure.

Unless you plan to stay up EVERY night until 2 or 3 am. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! The surrounding club music is SO LOUD, from several clubs, it shakes the building. It's awesome if you are in the club, but when you are trying to sleep, it's beyond painful. I never realized this about myself until I stayed at this hotel. It's similar to what the Americans did to extract Noriega from his compound by playing loud music 24/7. PURE TORTURE!!! Do yourself a favor and stay at the neighbor hotel (not mentioned), which has a sound wall and is a safe distance from the POUNDING!!!

• Liked — Ocean View, Clean room, Price
  • Disliked — Unless you stay up until 2-3 EVERY night, it's WAY TOO LOUD!!! PURE TORTURE!!!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Rosarito hotels

Long Beach
Reviewed June 22, 2008

I was kind of hesitant to stay at the Festival because of some of the reviews I read but I decided to take my chances. Everything was great. It was a great view, location and atmosphere all together. It's right in the middle of everything. The staff was very helpful and it was very secure. I don't think I've ever felt that safe in a hotel before. The only downside was that there was no airconditioning but who needs to have your windows closed with the A/C on when you can have the ocean breaze in your room. I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — All the security and everything around the hotel.
  • Disliked — The ferris wheel was not on.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank evekat
orange county
Reviewed April 28, 2008

I stayed at the Festival Hotel for the Rosarito bike ride last week. I didn't realize at the time I entered my hotel room that there was no way to lock the door from the inside, I wish I would have paid more attention. The hotel is a dump and the staff is rude and unhelpful. There is no way to sleep as the music blasts all night long. During the middle of the night, someone came into my room (I was there with another girl for the race) and shaved off my eyebrow. As strange as this sounds, I am telling the truth. Woman should not stay in this hotel. It doesn't matter if there are two or more woman in the room, this hotel is dangerous. I can only assume, the front desk sells off the room keys for men to enter rooms woman are staying in. Please let every woman you know not to stay in this hotel.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — violent act
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank summerOrangeCounty
So. Cal.
Reviewed April 21, 2008

At check-in we were greated by a pleasant and helpful young lady. That's it for the good stuff. The rest of the staff, especially the valet, acted as if we owed them something every time we walked past. The rooms were meager and spartan and in disrepair. The music from the neighboring clubs pounded until 3am so if you want to sleep go elsewhere. I was glad I only booked the room for one night. The place also had an unpleasant feel to it. My mistake that I didn't believe the other bad reviews.

Stayed April 2008
San Diego
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Reading all this reviews I had my doubts about staying at this hotel, but when I saw their web site and took a better look of their facilities I definitely booked directly with them. At our arrival we checked inn right away their staff was very friendly and made us feel very comfortable. Our room was located on the main tower, a wonderful view of the city and the beach. We spend the entire weekend enjoying all the activities the hotel had scheduled because of the Spring Break.... foam parties (really fun), the pool area, and excellent food!!! On this matter I have to say that they have the best Mexican and Italian Restaurants in the city. We definitely are coming back!

• Liked — The food and service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank BeachFunGirl2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Beach Hotel
Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel & Villas
Del Mar Inn
Del Mar Inn
#11 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to Festival Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!