“It'll do”

Las Rocas Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Rosarito
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Got a great deal on a basic room. I wanted to go to the Rosarito Beach hotel, plans were railroaded by a bossy sister in law. So we ended up here. It wasn't bad. I'd say average to good for Rosarito. Service was what helped a lot. Rooms were outdated and cold. No heater and a glass patio door facing the ocean=get more blankets. Bar was nothing to write home about. Closeness to Puerto Nuevo was a big plus. If you can afford it, go to the Rosarito Beach Hotel and stay in the new tower. Plush.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ruben-Anthony

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Love this place. Love the lower suites with walkout to the Cabana. Love the pool. The margaritas are excellent. As are the crab and pineapple stuffed shrimp wrapped in bacon. Love the fireplaces in the rooms and how safe you feel here. Staff always so friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tharker
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The staff (esp. Julio) were all very friendly and personable. Most also spoke English. The hotel itself was fine, clean, amazing view and location and good amenities. The breakfast was also good (had huevos divorciados and chilaquiles) with fresh carrot juice! I would definitely return. This is not a luxury hotel by American standards but is clean, in a good location and is a great place to get away from it all. Only complaint, that I didnt book this at the end of my trip because I would have loved to unwind next to the pool or in the hot tub after a few days of living it up in Ensenada.

Room Tip: we were in 111 and the door stuck pretty bad...doubt there is a bad view in the place though. If you...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julia K
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My friends and I go to Los Rocas a few times a year. The location is epic. Right on the ocean and there is great surf all around it. The margaritas are excellent. It is a older hotel the rooms are nice. My stress level goes down to about a one or two from a 8-9 when I arrive. You dont really even need to leave the hotel. They have volley ball, endless pool restaruant and bars. Love this place its amazing. Best months to go are April through October.

Room Tip: We usually try and get the bottom floor junior suites. Great room with no stairs and a balcony to so...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Brandon B
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I surprised my boyfriend with this trip for his birthday, mind you I've never been to baja either. The forums on trip advisor were very reassuring though and help from Pstreet1 made planning the trip so much more easier. I think the location of Las Rocas was great! About 10-15mins away from the tourists and main part of Rosarito so it's much more peaceful and secluded if that's what you're looking for. If you plan to stay at Las Rocas or baja in general you need to come in with an open mind. Yes, the resort is a little worn out, but I found it to be charming and cozy. The price you pay for a guaranteed ocean view and spacious rooms can't be beat. I booked a junior suite for only $55/night! Since I planned this last minute, I would suggest booking their packages. They offer one or two night stays that come with a lobster dinner, massage, and wine tour (depending on the package). I also want to note that the staff is very friendly and helpful.

The view was spectacular and just hearing the ocean waves was a treat in itself. The only thing I found wrong in our room was that the shower head wasn't really working that well. It could have been the water pressure, but it wasn't a big deal.

Also, next to the resort is a taquero who made the most amazing carnitas tacos with guacamole. You can walk right over and it's where a liquor store and surf shop is. I think the tacos were only $1 each. We headed over there after we checked in for a quick bite to eat. We also went to La Fonda (about 20mins south of Las Rocas) for dinner and ordered the Lobster Feast which we definitely could have shared. They gave us three lobster tails each. I think next time, we're going to order lobster and another main dish.

My only tip is when leaving baja do not go towards the lanes that say "Sentri/USA". We accidentally followed those signs as it wasn't very clear where to go. We were kind of reprimanded by the border patrol that it's only for vehicles that have been "cleared". Anyway, he gave us a warning, but if we do it again we'll have to pay a $5,000 fine. Then you have to go through the hassle of having boarder patrol inspecting your car and the items in your car. So avoid those lanes at all costs!

Room Tip: Book a junior suite! It's super spacious and probably only a couple bucks more.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DarylFaye
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I really liked staying here. Great place...not one of those new "high rise" hotels....so a much more pleasant experience. Great rooms, great views, great staff....all amazing. Only negatives...the fireplace chimneys from the rooms below (was on the 4th floor) don't go all the way to the top of the hotel. You may have a chimney that ends at your balcony....so you end up with a very smoky room if those below start a fire and you open your door. If you have breathing issues I would stay on the first floor. I know for some that would be a deal killer. It was not for me. Loved the location, loved the staff and loved the views.

Room Tip: Get rooms in the new tower. Get first floor if you are worried about the chimney that is right outs...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2013

People are afraid to go to mexico due to the news making it seem like madness to go visit with your own car and everything, I went down with me and my girlfriend in my BMW that stands out a little more than the local cars.. anyway not a problem in any city, went to ensenada, la bufadora and rosarito. The sights were amazing i stayed the night at las rocas resort and spa, and they had a great restuaraunt and pool amenities were nice. Do wish we had more time to spend at the beach and surf, the good surf spot is just a football field away.. anyways reply or leave comments if you have any questions let me know.. This place was well worth the money..

Room Tip: I think for 65 dollars a night you get a beach facing balcony in your room no matter what
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TOMSAWYER123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Beach Hotel
#10 of 14 in Rosarito
Pueblito Inn
Pueblito Inn
#8 of 14 in Rosarito

Been to Las Rocas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!