Las Rocas Resort & Spa
Poco Cielo(Rosarito)
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewsinfinity poolpuerto nuevolobster dinneramerican breakfaststayed in a junior suitegorgeous viewsocean wavesthe cliffrosarito beachpedicurejacuzzimexicobajachimneypalaparockstubs
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Ok, this place has character. The room was a bit unkept if you will, as in the tv was a 19 inch tv from 1980, but who goes to Mexico to watch tv? Not me! We brought our own bedding (we always do regardless of where we are), and were just fine. The views are breathtaking, the drinks were yummy and the staff was very accomodating. There is no heat in the room and we didnt need the fireplace. Note to those with kids, this is a great place for little ones. Plenty of room to run (grassy area), access to the rocks below for tidepool exploration, and 2 pools. We used the spa, my friend had a neck and shoulder and I did the reflexology. The spa is nice, I recommend booking a pedicure as it overlooks the water! Book right away though when you check in. We didnt eat here as we went into Puerto Nuevo for lobster. I would stay here again. Just be prepared, this is not the Ritz but the charm and the view far supercede any of the issues.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gryeeeeneyz
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've stayed at Las Rocas twice. My first experience was really nice. We traveled off season, so there were few travelers and we got to enjoy the pool, hot tub and resort amenities to ourselves pretty much. The staff upgraded us to a larger room with a fireplace and everything was lovely.
My second trip was unfortunately not nice at all. The resort was filled with two weddings and the accommodations/grounds had dilapidated incredibly since I had last visited. The original allure of the resort diminished the moment I arrived and unfortunately soured our trip.

As I stated in my title - the price of this establishment is unbeatable. And their spa is not that bad. There's a great taco stand just outside the entrance - try their carne asada.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the newer building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank taurenlegend
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to las rocas in early February and had such a great time. The room was clean and had a beautiful view of the ocean. The hot tub was hot and clean, it was to cold out for the unheated infinity pool but in the summer it would be perfect. The staff was super friendly and very helpful, they made some very good margaritas! We got the package that included dinner and a bottle of wine, we got the filet mignon and garlic fish fillet and both were delicious. The massages were excellent and the spa was very well maintained. I have recommended this hotel to all of my friends. I cant believe this hotel had so many negative reviews, I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely be back very soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Las Rocas at one time may have been a quaint , Baja getaway for travelers but I would highly recommend choosing El Coral , Las Rosas or almost anywhere else at this point for the same price . I am actually writing this review from the freezing cold , dumpy lobby waiting for my room to clear out from the smoke . It has a fireplace yes, however the flue is busted (along with all the bath fixtures , stopped up drain , light fixtures , warped moldy doors , buzzing 20 year old T.V ) my girlfriend and I at this point just want some sleep in our smoked out, unheated freezing room . And they call this a suite ??!! It's January and there isn't a heater to compensate for all the cold air coming through the doors and windows. Nice seaside location however the whole facility (sans the spa only because we didn't see it) is run down and tired , and thats compared to the already low standards we normally expect from Baja Norte . Do yourselves a favor , find other lodging ...

Room Tip: Don't stay for overnights
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jeffrey k
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We read several negative reviews but decided the allure of charm and character coupled with location was enough. We got more. No, this resort is not in the super luxury category. But the staff is friendly, location on the Pacific Ocean priceless and services available outstanding. We chose a package that included 30 minute massages for my wife and I, a winery tour and lobster dinner. The massages were excellent at Las Rocas' in-house spa, with views of the ocean from our couples massage room. The lobster dinner in Puerto Nuevo was incredible, 3 whole lobsters, served very professionally with salsa, tortillas, rice, beans and a beverage of choice. All preceded by tortilla soup. We went back the next night and got a 4 whole lobster dinner for two for just $15 each!The winery tour by guide Fernando Cuevas of Tours Baja was fantastic. He was worth the whole trip! Property was cleaned and generally well maintained...think charm, not fancy and you'll love the value! Full American Breakfast was included too.

Room Tip: Get upgraded to a balcony room...nothing wrong with first floor standard rooms but balconies more spacious and private.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple