Las Rocas Resort & Spa
$145
Agoda.com
$265
Travelocity
All reviewsinfinity poolpuerto nuevolobster dinneramerican breakfaststayed in a junior suitegorgeous viewsocean wavesthe cliffrosarito beachpedicurejacuzzimexicobajachimneypalaparockstubs
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Pros: Gorgeous seaside location and lovely interiors (carved wood, wood beams, brick); sizable balconies; decent, fresh food; *spa; *nightclub.
Cons: Understaffed in housekeeping and maintenance.
-----Lest you think me a snobby American, I honeymooned in West Africa and loved it.----
Examples:
1) Booked Jr. Suite, for 2 ppl.; received 1 wash cloth. On day 2 Housekeeping left us with only one fresh one, again and left the 1st one (now dirty) in the shower. While housekeeping was still on the floor, I requested two more. They seemed to argue that 1 was enough. Eventually, they indicated that I'd get another "later"...later never came.
2) Door to our room would not shut on day 2. Kept popping wide open. There I was, trying to make it to the wedding onsite puzzling over the door. Housekeeping was having a break and looked on with some annoyance as I tried to figure out how to keep the door shut. I requested assistance and the housekeeping staff indicated that this was a regular occurrence. They made it shut.
3) Mattress pad was gross.
4) Tile doesn't get scrubbed...the entire shower floor is tile...made me want shower shoes.
REGARDING SPA AND NIGHTCLUB:
These are not compatible as presently set up. We arrived Friday and I considered having a massage. I'm relieved that I did not pay for a massage as Friday nights the tiny bar becomes a nightclub. Would be okay except that the doors are left open music can be heard at full volume throughout the complex. So much for listening to the ocean as I drift off to sleep!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TinkAsh
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is the second time I have reviewed this hotel. I think the people that are giving it bad reviews don't get it. You're in Baha. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this property, You aren't going to get the Ritz for $100. We have never had a dirty room and yes of course it's not maintained as it could be. The economy is worse there than in the states. The staff is friendly and couldn't be more helpful. Why not have a drink and enjoy the spectacular view. As a matter of fact we'll be there in a couple of weeks for our annual trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank sylviagri
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The room we stayed in had ants and cockroaches. They came into the room and sprayed RAID every where. Which gave us a horrible rash on our bodies. We complained several times, and they would not change our room. Both pools and hot-tubs were very dirty with bird feathers and excrement. The service was very bad. There were hardly any employees working. There is no beach access at all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel is located between the cities of Rosarito and Puerto Nuevo and is very quiet and feels safe. There are 2 different buildings with large rooms that vary from standard to penthouse for great prices. Yes, the buildings are a little run down and could use a paint job but the room sizes, tile work, rustic decor and stunning views make this place worth it! There is an excellent spa on-site and a good restaurant, bar, infinity pools, access to the beach; you can't beat it. As a student who loves to travel, I've gone back once a year for 5 years. The staff is always welcoming and friendly and will point you in the direction of any great food or activities around.

Room Tip: Go for a suite!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dara M
Reviewed August 20, 2012

#1-The staff is fabulous. #2-Still a fun party place. #3-Very run down #4-Broken Items:Jacuzzi, Fountains,Doors,Door Knobs,Shower Drains,Water Heater,Tiles In Pool and Grounds.#5-Carpets,Tile,Drapes,Shower,Towels,Sheets are Dirty. In my opinion the staff is working with a skeleton crew and working with very little supplies for cleaning and maintenance,even with a poor housekeeping skills it couldn't be this dirty. The way it adds up I would say the AMERICAN OWNERS are taking advantage of their employees and guests. Not even close to the level of $150.00 a night the cheapest room was $110.00 with tax. If this hotel was in the states it would be condemned. This could be a beautiful place with a wonderful charm. A true disgrace!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends