“A hit; best Taco's ever”
Review of Tacos El Yaqui

Tacos El Yaqui
Ranked #7 of 180 Restaurants in Rosarito
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Loved the entire experience. From the smell of the meat cooking in front of the stand, to the great service and delicious taco's this place is a winner. Love people who stick to what they do best.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Let me begin by saying, I don't really like tacos. Let me finish by saying, I will drive to El Yaqui from San Diego or any other corner of the Earth for their tacos. Do NOT leave Rosarito without eating here. The end.

1  Thank houtany
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've been to Tacos El Yaqui about a dozen times, it's fantastic every time. I've actually driven down from San Diego just to get tacos there... it's just that good.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband first took me to Yaqui Tacos in the late 90s (on one of our first dates) and he had already been eating there since the 80's! We NEVER get tired of Yaqui's Burros (large taco in a flour tortilla) and since we have a casita south of Rosarito, we stop there a lot. The interesting thing about Yaqui's carne asada is that he does NOT marinade it before cooking. I know this, because on more than one occasion, one of his guys has had to run to the market to get more meat. (In the old days, when Yaqui ran out of meat, he was done for the day!) You can tell by looking at the beef, that there's nothing on it.The secret, apparently, is what's in the big pot the meat goes into AFTER it is taken off the grill. Of course, Yaqui will never tell...
As for the new shop in Tijuana, that was going to be with a partner, and that deal fell apart.
El Gerente (translation: The Manager) is owned and operated by an ex-employee of Yaqui's, as are a few other taco shops in TJ and Rosarito. El Gerente is okay, and he does offer more variety than Yaqui, but if I want a Carne Asada Taco, I'll wait in line at Yaqui's- he's the best.
Also, one note: after you have ordered your first round of tacos, you do not have to go to the back of the line again. Simply stand near the front with your plate in your hand, and you will be taken care of. Also- NO ONE cuts ahead in line- not Yaqui's friends, the police or any one else. This is truly a democracy in action!

1  Thank bajabeachbarb
Reviewed February 20, 2013

If your looking FOR A RESTAURANT ON THE MAIN BLVD YOU WILL NEVER FIND IT. SOME LOCALS DO NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT.. I FOUND THAT SHOCKING & APPUALING. Pherhaps people are not visiting the one and only TACOS YAQUI....Wich is why they are saying it is only ok....be aware..there is a couple establishments that claim to be YAQUI. But the real one is not a restaurant on the main BLVD. Its a shack not visible to many You must know where it is located otherwise you will never find it. SOME LOCALS DO NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT.. I found that to be shocking and appuling.